unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 07:37AM
I'm on the fair board at the woodbury county fair in Moville, IA and we are going to the fair convention next month and the classes I told them to get are as follows

light super{state hook}
diesel supers
super farm
unlimited supers
you unlimited guys keep your fingers crossed for a good season

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 08:54AM
I would suggest making the light SS hook a regional hook and the diesel supers a state class.
All the diesel supers are very close to your event, and they will attend anyway.
Might get some light SS from farther away with more money.

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 09:16AM
the light supers are in mo and i run a heavy

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 09:44AM
That's the first week in August, do you think it will hold together that long?

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 09:46AM
I HOPE SO I HAVE THE MECHANIC OF THE YEAR ON MY SIDE

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 01:54PM
When your done with him Doug, tell him to send some help my way.

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 25, 2009 05:05AM
are you coming to moville or waverly

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 25, 2009 07:11AM
Prob going to Waverly since that's where the inlaws are from and Tyler is in a wedding that day so I may be volunteered already to run the JD too. If anything would come up we would def be at Moville to support it.

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 09:48AM
Are you sure on the super farm. Doug said that no one wants them. You should check with him first

I like that state thing on the diesel supers though. The promoters could do that on all the pulls and look what they would save. There is times that only 6 show up anyway. But you know they "carry" a lot of weight

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 12:40PM
Tripp: 9
Rock Valley Friday Night: 11
Rock Valley Saturday Night: 10
Onawa: 12
Hinton: 9
Carroll: 9
Sac City: 11
Cherokee: 11
Moville: 8
Des Moines: 10
Wisner Saturday Afternoon: 13
Wisner Saturday Night: 10
Ravenna: 13
Dell Rapids: 10
Spencer: 10

Looks like just a little over 10 hooks per event average for 15 events total.

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 12:23PM
Why would you waste your time&money on the unlimited? Did you see the great show Wisner had with light supers? The unlimited class sucked!

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 12:33PM
i had three two wheelers there last year and i know what is coming ot this year for the unlimiteds

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 24, 2009 01:07PM
Doug,

I agree with trying to get unlimited supers to Moville but they were not wanted by the Outlaws in Hinton when Hinton's board wanted them so be carefull. I hope the best for you in getting them back. There were more committed to come to Hinton that year than there were DSS. I understand by what the other person was saying about only 6 DSS on average in class and I also see what another person was saying by showing numbers entered in class. The only thing is at least 3 of those tractors were not true competitive DSS tractors. I really hope you can pull this off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it will be a chance to see Demers' Smokin Hot Deere back local and Elmer's 2 Temptation tractors back in this neck of the woods. There are also many others who would come for it and if you need help getting them convinced to come then PM me and I will help out to arrange it. What other pulls are going on at the same time that they may be going to pull for points at though? Also could probably get the MM out of Nebraska to show up which would help. If this does work maybe it would be incentive to get mine done I guess and it would free up a lot of shop space..Again I really hope this works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 26, 2009 01:02AM
I would like to say thank you to Doug & Woodbury County Fair Board for giving the Unlimited Class a chance , There are more tractors out there than some of you keyboard pullers & outlaw bashers think, and last of all if you feel its a must to knock someone for trying have the balls to post with your real name , Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving John Hoffmann

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 26, 2009 11:16AM
Dear John;
I think if you LOOK, you will find the biggest unlimited class basher has the president's position in the Outlaws pulling organization.
The second biggest unlimited class basher is (or was) the vice president of the Outlaws.
And I'm not just talking biggest basher in the Outlaws, nor the biggest bashers in Iowa/Missouri, nor am I talking the biggest bashers in the midwest, no, I am saying they are the biggest unlimited class bashers in the NATION.
Remember, "If you can't beat them, ban them"???????????? You know where those decals came from?? Farnhamville, Iowa.
So before you go pointing fingers at the biggest scapegoats the KING likes to use, (keyboard pullers), better take a close look at the "leaders" of your pulling group.
FACTS!!!

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 26, 2009 12:51PM
Funny I didn't see your name at the bottom of that post. I guess you are not man enough or maybe even women enough to post your name. Now a couple of years back the unlimited class had several pulls during the year and only a few tractors made it to any pulls. Unfortunately most promoters would like to have a few more tractors for their money. I think this is the reason the unlimiteds were down to just a few hooks a year. Now that we have more tractors in this class I hope the promoters will give them a chance. It is a great class to watch and good luck to all the unlimiteds in the upcoming year!!! Derek

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 26, 2009 01:19PM
There were always more USS than the small charger limited pro's have averaged the past three years, so why are they getting SOLD ??
You see there, Derek, someone has to SELL the class to promoters.
D&D are the ones at the fair conventions. They are the reason there aren't many hooks, and hence, with not many hooks, the competitors in that class are going to support the organizations that sell their class the most.
Also, they were averaging more REAL unlimiteds, than their are REAL diesel SS in that class, till this past year.

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 27, 2009 05:54AM
Pointer Outer for your information 1 of the parties in your previous post stated @ the meeting that if the unlimited could get 8 tractors he would book them @ the Iowa State Fair , We are trying to bring new life to this class so if you are trying to start a fire with putting s--t like this on here please keep your comments to yourself , If you would like to discuss this class give someone in this class a call ! My # is 712-269-7892 and if you need to contact someone else I can get there # for you ! By the way it takes big ball to hide behind a made up name NOT !!!!!!!!!! PS whats the name of your tractor ??????

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 27, 2009 06:17AM
John, easy to tell you used to pull SF.
You need to READ and COMPREHEND my posts,,,,,,, I am SUPPORTING your class !!!!!
What I am saying, and have been for a LONG time,,,,, the MANAGEMENT of Outlaws does NOT like your class.
Do you understand that ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I love the unlimited SS class !!!!!!!
HELLO?????
Get a friggin CLUE John.
I hope your class kicks butt for numbers !!!!!!!
The president and vice president of Outlaws have been trying to kill your class for years.
I'm super happy you are building for the class! You and your son will be excellent additions to the class.
I'd love to see an Oliver 2255/CAT 3208 on alcohol join in too,,,,,,
Then if the Blue teams from Cheese land would drop in from time to time, that class would be the best tractor class Outlaws would have, besides the modifieds. (LOVE them turbines!)

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 27, 2009 07:45AM
Pointer Outer what I was referring to was the D&D comment, They are willing to work with the unlimited so why make comments like these and put things back the way they were ! PS I have not seen you real name or name of you tractor ?

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 27, 2009 08:48AM
I understand you being scared of retribution from "them". Has happened in the past. (and continues daily)
That is why "they" can step on the SF class, the SF people are all scared they will get no hooks now. (or at least, lots of STATE hooks like 2wd)
2wd class upset the King, now they have the most STATE hooks, and have less overall hooks.
Not sure what happened in the 4wd class lately, the "Freeday" thing was years ago, maybe "he" holds a grudge a long time.
Retribution is also why you will not see my tractor's name.
Also why RJ sucked up so hard,,, wants more hooks for "his" class, whatever that may be whenever that one is done. It'll be top drawer, whatever it is!
Domann's,,,, nuff said.
There are many more examples, but I think everyone has the idea.
Just scared as heck to post it.

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 27, 2009 02:44PM
Just wondering would people like Hoffman, Bowles, and Freese be able to compete with Haugs two case's, corn husker deere(if its still around) and show me show down.

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 27, 2009 02:59PM
I don't know for sure what John is building but the other two are for the light class meaning they are under the 505 limit. That being said the Little Temptation is also under the 505 limit so they could probably run with it. The only drawback is it is a component and the other two are not so there is a big weight difference. The big Temptation and Cornhusker Deere are big motors so if they hook it to the ground probably not. I am not sure about Show Me Show Down. I hope it is a great year for the unlimiteds because it is a fun class to watch and maybe if there is more pulls, more tractors will be built for the class.

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 27, 2009 05:07PM
It was too bad last year at Wisner, the ULSS didn't put on much of a show as the track was too tight and narrow. They need to take out the center divider and let em run!

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 27, 2009 06:40PM
From what I saw of Show Me Showdown last year, Just for Fun could have run with him most of the time.

Re: unlimited supers in moville November 27, 2009 10:10AM
I sure do hope the Outlaw UL./SS class can be revived as lots of us out here sure do enjoy that class.In fact when the class was dropped to just a few hooks my attendance at Outlaw pulls just about came to an end.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,775, Posts: 229,945, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009