Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 08, 2009 03:39AM
I'm needing a diesel supply pump. I see there is one that drives off the front of the injection pump. Has anyone had any problems with it failing an injection pump? Is there any negatives about this kind? Also see the belt drive set up. It seems its out of the way, compared to the other style. Any negative about this setup?
Thanks

Re: Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 09, 2009 02:00AM
I'm curious to what guys have to say also.

Re: Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 09, 2009 02:21AM
We run a gear drive on the front of the pump and have had no trouble. As a friend of mine found out belts slip, get loose, and fall off at the wrong time. I would rather run an electic than a belt. Just my opinion.

Re: Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 09, 2009 02:35AM
I have heard alot of Diesel guys use pumps by these people.

[www.tuthill.com] Winking

Re: Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 09, 2009 04:01AM
[www.tuthill.com] I use a 2le mounted to the front cover and driven off the fuel injuction pump

Re: Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 09, 2009 02:19PM
What kinda up keep with these kinda pumps? How long does these pump last?

Re: Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 09, 2009 04:07PM
We run a switzer pump (its a similar type of gear pump)belt driven.Our water and fuel supply are driven by same belt ,so if we lose water it shuts itself down with no damage.Should last quite a while with normal maintanance and clean fuel.

Re: Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 10, 2009 02:14PM
I know this might sound dumb, but I thought if you loose your belt driving your fuel it would possible damage your engine and/or injection pump.

Re: Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 10, 2009 05:04PM
engine will lose rpm and your right its a little hard on plungers but it saves pistons.The pump draws enough to idle without lift pump,but its just for a short time

Re: Which kind of diesel supply pump is better December 12, 2009 10:22AM
contact brandon at harts diesel. He will sell you on the facts that the enderle front drive supply pumps he sells are the best. A little expensive but I think worth the money. Good mechanical supply pump. Just remember more complicated not necessarily better. Keep it simple.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009