A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 04:46AM
First off my name is John Platte and I pull a Super Farm called Turbo Up

I would like to say I'm sorry for this post. This is not the way I wanted to reach you but I have call our Sec and Pres to get a mailing list of all the promoters and my voice mails have not been replied to

The superfarm group is the largest group that Outlaw has. Last summer Brian Deck was caught running a water solution that was not crop oil and water. The board did not vote him out and that really got a lot of pullers cranked up. I belive some got way to cranked up but that is another issue. We as pullers felt that what needed to be done was to re-align the board. Get 3 really good people on the board that love pulling. That was the plan and with the largest class in outlaw, we felt it could be done with the help of the other classes. In the end, this was achieved. 3 really good pullers that are really into pulling and Outlaw pulling in general.

Today I got a letter from Downg Roberts. He is stating that he is concerned that only 3 super farm pullers have signed up. I can tell you that what is happening is that the puller are waiting to see what is going to happen. I have heard that most pullers think that Doug will drop pulls and promote the limited pro class. I feel that is Doug does his job and allows the promoters to have the super farm class, tractors will not be a issue. Look at your pull. Name one other class that averaged 21 tractors and ran as hard as our class does. There is not one "poor" tractor in the bunch. There was even talk of going to Texas or Oklahoma if a sweep of pulls can be set up.

Comunication is the key. If you have questions about what I have posted, please call me 515-291-4271

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 05:24AM
i agree John, Doug and the promotors both know that if they book the super farms with outlaw points and outlaw money, they will have 15 to 28 tractors at there pull, as soon as Doug gets the schedule out and we have proff that he isn't retaliating against us by taking pulls away from us or by make them state hooks (points and money) he knows if he books us just like last year and maybe even adds in a 2 day hook in texas everyone will be on board, the super farm membership money will start rolling in as soon as we have a schedule that is good for the promotors and pullers and fans. ain't that what we all want?? we are willing to put last year behind us and go forward and do what is best for outlaws and fans .

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 01:15PM
To: Tugger and Growup,

I could not attend the banquet this year because we were and still are, trying to finish harvesting our crop. I could care less what people say or think about me, but I really resent the statement about Jason and R. J. not being "good people" and do not love tractor pulling. Thank you and the other Super Farm Pullers for not voting Jason, R. J. and myself back on the board. Now, we can go to Outlaw Pulls and have a good time and not have to listen to all the whining and moaning. The three new Board Members are good people and are very dedicated to the Sport of Tractor Pulling. You talk of pulls in Texas and Oklahoma. Most smokers (Super Farm) think that I-35 ends at Wichita. They will not travel. My opinion to the Super Farms is what my son and I do with our tractor. We do not worry what someone else is doing or not doing. We concentrate on our tractor. If we win its good, if we lose, it is also good. If we lose, somebody did a better job of weighting their tractor and reading the track. Finally to Growup. I have a set, do you? At least I sign my name.

George Neaves

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 01:57PM
Tugger: I also resent the fact that you brought the water issue up AGAIN why doesnt everyone just let that die??! Its like trying to beat a dead horse. Just forget about it and go on. The club has way bigger problems than my water situation.

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 02:32PM
ok apple hater..sit and hide behind the keyboard.. if any of you would post your name,but you wont..if you read the rule book,it doesnt say where you get your water from..yes a gray area..but your to busy playing on the p c to do that..instead of working on your tractor,oh wait you probly dont have one .we where one of the first ones to sit at the banquet...we also had a 2 year old grandson along...we left the same time everyone else did...i dont know why your still beating this...doug and the board said it did no good to use this water.. stop by the house sometime will have a drink of it...next year every one will use a premixed water from stern..problem solved..if you dont want to pull super farm, go back to farm stock pulling.then you can complain and whin there...

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 02:43PM
thats funny, you guys didn't read the rule book for the last two years so why all the sudden are you an expert of the rule book?

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 02:48PM
again no name or number?? come on!!!! "get a set" ill call u so u can save money and put it in your tractor next year to beat me.. and who said any thing about rulebook in these posts?? again grasping at straws
Bryan Deck 402 369 1176

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 02:53PM
ive had 2 allen andrews and kurt vanbeek thats alot?? wow y dont u put your name on here?? what u scared off??

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 02:57PM
Bryan,

Reread Rod's post above. Rod mentioned that if you read the rule book you will see there is a gray area for the water rule. Apple Hater is, and I don't want to put words into his mouth, pointing out that you guys claimed to not know the rule book and that's why you didn't have water and crop oil in your tractor for 2009 and it was an honest mistake. But Rod is now claiming there is a gray area and validity to the water you ran this year kind of implying you did know the rule.

Adam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2009 02:58PM by AV.

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 03:01PM
your missing the point, water is a gray area there are many diffrent types of water.. we have looked into it deeply, do some research

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 03:08PM
Bryan,

I don't care I was only pointing out where someone mentioned the rule book after you asked where was it mentioned in these posts.

And I don't need to do the research, I could run straight alcohol for water and still get beat by the tough tractors in our class.

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 03:40PM
You didn't do the research someone else did

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 04:39PM
I guess I'm a little dense on this one. "Many different types of water"?? I know there are different grades (ie tap, distilled, WFI, etc...), but they are all H2O. And I heard the whole "heavy water" thing too... H2O with a neutron in the hydrogen nucleus originally used by the Nazi's in WWII to modulate their early nuclear experiments (gee, we really need to have that in tractor pulling). But heavy water has a freezing point ~38.5o. Heavy water and crop oil would still freeze before any other samples would.
So now that we know everyone next year will be using the same water and you safely have your '09 points championship. What "type" of water freezes below 32o??

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 07:26AM
All I wanted to say is that the super farm class is comfortable with the new board and are waiting to see the sechedule before sending in there membership money. I felt that the board did a ok job. I also feel that the majority of the pullers in this class will support the class. I also stated that we were frustriated with what is going on and with the help of the rest of the outlaw members, the board was changed. As far as "really" and "for real" give me a call. I would like to talk to you and discuss ur views. I feel that most outlaw Members are concerned aboutwhat is going on. but with the outstanding debt and how things have been going in the last 3 years they are frustriated. If I wanted to bash outlaw I wouldn't use my name. I would do like "really" and "for real" did
Thanks

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 03:04PM
exactly my point AV.

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 03:08PM
The superfarm points champion thing is alot like the big twelve championship game last sat, texas won but defintly didn't deserve it.

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 03:13PM
Apple Hater- As a fan of the Outlaw pulls you need to stop degrading the sport. The Outlaws put on one of the best shows I've ever seen. You should be supporting the orginization and not bashing them.

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 03:20PM
i am a fan of outlaws and support outlaws. apple team betrayed outlaws and am no longer a fan of the decks any more. thats a bunch of crap they lied about.

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 08, 2009 03:43PM
If you want to compete come a little east we will see how it pans out for you

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 01:07AM
If you guys want to bash and talk s@#$ please post your name, phone, email ect. You are make organizations in the midwest look like crap to the rest of the world. Just had to point that out!

Brian Fuhr
402 920 1915

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 01:14AM
one of the reasons that peopel don't want to put there name on the post is because they are afraid that the will get black balled ,,,, if you dare disagree you or your whole class might be gone,,,,,just ask the super farm guys. all you peopel that think everything should just be left alone are the problem,,,,,if outlaws are having a problem,,,,, fix it,,, don't just sweep it under the rug,,,,,, the outlaws whent from having just a couple people complaining to now whole classes are revolting....and still theres no problem?????? some one needs to do something before its to late....

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 01:16AM
I agree with Brian, any promoter looking at all this garbage might not want to have outlaws at all, for dang sure not the super farm class.

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 01:28AM
I get where you are coming from " No Name" about not a having a pair to hang out there to be black balled. But if you have a problem call your board, president, rules officers. I know all of that has been done in this matter, all i am saying pulloff is probably one of the most ineffective ways to solve a problem. Plus if you don't know the name of the person who is presenting the problem kinda tough to solve. Just my thoughts on a snowy day

Brian Fuhr
402 920 1915

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 03:29AM
Brian, looks like Saturday afternoon will be very entertaining to say the least. What are mod guys going to talk about or should we just sit and watch the fireworks?

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 09:06AM
I said that had been done in this case, all i was trying to get across was if ya wanna trash something post you name so you could be contacted and it could be addressed in a adult manner.

Needing to look farther than their own hood December 09, 2009 01:35AM
The first Doug letter states: The Super Farms need to look a little bit farther than their own hood for the good of their class, well................ I see that we need the pres & v pres looking a little farther than their own hood as well instead of looking out for what's best for their business and classes!

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 01:18AM
toolman: the bad apple went out east in mid sept. and did VERY well I would say it panned out yever well.. Look on NTPA results for Region 2

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 03:22AM
Give the trophy back Deck

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 03:45AM
Wow you people are either crazy, blind, or just stupid. Did Chad give all his money back at spencer ? Did Kavan give his money back for all the pulls he was using illegal fuel? or turbo? Did lottman give his money back when he ran a precision all year against you? Asmus? VanBeek? I actually think Doug is on the right track piss off half the class so @#$%& what you still have to many stupid farm. And if the money is the issue which sure seems to be. If there are ten instead of 20 problem is solved everyone goes home with a check. Oh wait I forgot Kavans are good honest people they would never try anything in the gray area. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Time for a piece of warm apple pie! Wish it was Cherry!

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 04:03AM
Agreed.An illegal turbo probably gained more horsepower than any water mixture. Everyone seems to already have forgotten about all the issues of the past. Lots of SF tractors have been in the gray areas.Why doesnt Outlaws run the same water rules as NTPA?

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 08:10AM
wat pull have i been pulled down the track?? i won wisner and my son was sitting on my lap wen i got pulled down the track and wat is wrong with tipping your hat and waving it the crowd didnt know that was a bad thing?! tell me wats wrong with that?? put your name on your post next time love to know who u r lol

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 08:14AM
I have no dog in this fight. But, I must agree that One Bad Apple seems appropriately named. Saying goes "One Bad Apple Can Spoil the Whole Bunch". Appears that is happening.

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 11:28AM
so next time a kid wants my autograph, waves at me, or wants to sit on my tractor am I suppose to flip them off?? ignore them?? oh my theses kids look up 2 us and fans that want our attention ignore them 2?? whatever!! if we all act like this soon we have no fans and the sport dies!! so in gonna be very cocky arrogant and talk to fans wave at fans and be a sportsman btw:: 2 memberships got paid and sent away 2day for outlaw superfarm

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 11:53AM
I guess I always thought that when a puller tips his hat and waves to the crowd it was a sign of respect to the fans and those cheering for him. I'm one who likes that I guess. When Bryan tips his hat and waves, hes waving to his family, friends and fans and I happen to be one of them so for you saying that he is being cocky is rather disrespectful. Bryan did not cheat and he most certainly did not pay off anyone to get where he is. He got where he is because he has a lot of support from family and friends.

And to you Bryan....CONGRATS to the 2009 Super Farm Points Champ!! You'll get 'em again next yearSmiling

What the...???? December 09, 2009 01:34PM
As a fan of this sport I always thought pullers who wave and acknowledge the crowd was there way of saying "Thank You" for supporting the show. Win or lose showing your appreciation to the fans is a nice way to say Thanks. I'm glad the pullers in the sanctioning groups I support go above and beyond with showing their appreciation to the fans. I thought it was like this at most of the pulls across the country......I hope I'm right and all this nonsense that has been posted here is just a bunch of BS. To those pullers and teams who acknowledge the fans at your pulls Thank you. Don't ever think that people don't notice and don't appreciate a simple wave. You never know what child, adult, sponsor, new fan, ect. is in the stands that you may have just had an effect on. I've seen countless children at pulls who can't get enough of their favorite driver/tractor and that simple wave or tip of the hat goes a long way. Guess I'm lucky to have it so good from my seat in the stands.....

Re: What the...???? December 10, 2009 01:03AM
Thank you scott for pointing that out because like it or not WE are in show business first and competition second! I personally have spent many a time putting young kids up on my tractor so dad can take their picture, the smiles are priceless and that is what I really enjoy about this hobby- being able to not only have fun but also leave a positive experience in another fan or maybe our next generation of competitor!something to think about!

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 03:58AM
I think all this negative posts on here are just hurting the Outlaws. Dennis reminded us at the meeting that the promoters also read this board just think what they are thinking. Real professional guys.!!!!!

Re: A note to all Outlaw promoters December 09, 2009 02:15PM
I'm starting to think u guys could argue about what color blue the sky is. Apple tractor had to have a pretty good year to win points good luck and hard work. I know guys that lose their cool when someone is getting ahead of them. I've lost a lot of pulls to guys that I was sure were cheating, but I figure if they have to do that to feel good about themselves and can sleep at night, then they got to do what they got to do. Win or lose I enjoy pulling and having some time and good health to go to pulls.

hey bryan deck December 09, 2009 07:10AM
if it wasn't for yourself we would still be reading about esdon!!! LOL keep it up

Re: hey bryan deck December 10, 2009 03:02AM
Sully you are hilarious. It reminds me of the whole Tiger Woods issue. The only reason why we stopped hearing about Jon & Kate Plus 8 is because Tiger Woods went on the "prowl." You cracked me up with your post in the middle of another ridiculous Outlaw SF thread. Keep up the comedy.

Re: hey bryan deck December 10, 2009 09:22AM
I would recommend deleting every single post that mentions Outlaws and Super Farms in any way.
Not many can grasp the truth, so delete them all.

Re: hey bryan deck December 11, 2009 01:38PM
Somebody erased my post.Point the fingers at the outlaws, they didnt do there jobs. If Decks won the championship illegal then let them worry about it.

Hey bryan deck December 12, 2009 02:17AM
Hey Bryan,

This is Jeff Rapp. Me and my brother built the Bad Apple. I eventually sold it to my cousin Tom Harmon. All I can say is, when you're on top, everyone is gunning for you! It's a great place to be. Keep it up. I'll have to come out and see the Bad Apple Run this summer.

Re: Hey bryan deck December 12, 2009 02:51AM
Hey Jeff, I do some of the wrenching on the "Bad Apple" I was wondering if you could enlighten us on the "In memory of Dan Rapp" painted on the tractor. When the tractor was purchased from Tom we had talked about changing the name but we decided that the Apple was a legend and the name will not change. I convinced bryan that the In memory of statement was what makes that tractor hook and go straight everytime it goes down the track so it will not change. Hope I am not bringing up bad memories for you. Hopefully we will see you somewhere this summer.

Thanks

Bowdie

Re: Hey bryan deck December 12, 2009 05:22AM
My father owns an apple orchard in Romeo, MI. We grew up on the orchard. Dan was my older brother who purchased the tractor. I have some great memories of all of us hanging out in my dads shop, throwing a few back and wrenching on the Bad Apple til early morning hours getting ready for the next day. There was a lot of us - 'The Bad Apple Pit Crew'. NO ONE missed Bowling Green. That was the highlight of the season.

Anyways, my brother got in a car wreck in 1992. He made it for 9 days in ICU then passed. The tractor wasn't much then but losing my brother inspired myself and the rest of the guys to take One Bad Apple to the next level. With many regional championships following it, we continued Dan's hobby. Each year, we had to keep upgrading to keep up with the competition. It was just a pro stock back then but it could hang with the supers at times. It won Region II Super Stock and Pro Stock in the same year. That was a lot of hooks and a lot of bitchin' from my wife.

We were accused of cheatin' many times. The guys bitching were the ones who didn't keep up with the latest technology and couldn't figure out how to weight the tractor and read the track. That's the most important part of the sport.

All and all, I have fond memories -- my brother, Dan, the guys in the shop, the thrill of "The smoke and the beer, the grind of gear -- they call it a tractor pull!" That's what we had on painted on the back of the tractor.

Thanks to Bryan for keeping the same name as it has several old fans still following it.

Re: Hey bryan deck December 12, 2009 01:42PM
Hey Jeff,

Romeo is my hometown, too. Great to hear you're still out there with an ear on the this addiction. Come on out to a TTPA event next summer and jump in the seat of one of Tom's. I'd LOVE to announce that pass!!! Hope to bump into you this summer.

Charles Poosch

aka CPR

Re: Hey bryan deck December 12, 2009 04:03PM
Thanks for sharing the story. I always knew there was someone helping bryan drive that tractor. LOL He said since day one that the Apple drives itself. Funny we still get accused of cheating, the tractor still wins, our wives still bitch and we still like to drink beer. Somethings never change. Rest assured the Apple will stay the Apple.

Thanks again

Bowdie

Re: Hey bryan deck December 12, 2009 06:03PM
I remember standing at the empty gate at Arcola Ind. on a friday after our pull was rained out. The Bad Apple team drove 250 miles with the tractor knowing that the pull was cancelled just to collect their rain points. I don't remember the year, early ninties I'm guessing, but I know they won the regional championship. That's what I call a dedicated team.

Re: Hey bryan deck December 13, 2009 08:29AM
Was that a Riverside 540 in the apple when you guys used to run it.??

Re: Hey bryan deck December 14, 2009 01:02AM
I heard NTPA cut back of advertising this year. The members of outlaw are there best advertisement. Outlaw is just a name and i am 110% percent sure that the members are the club and they make the image and sell the shows. So i say keep screwing away your club and we will see how far your in debt next year!!!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009