Fuel question December 10, 2009 11:40PM
Are there any definitive differences from one particular brand of methanol to another ? (V.P, Renegade, local suppliers) I know there are significant price differences, from $100 to $350 per drum, Is the cost worth it somehow? Just a question for some of you guys who might have some relevant input. I buy mine from a local fuel store, most of the local drag racers get their's from the same place and some of these guys are really anal regarding their cars so this fuel is probably pretty high quality. Thanks for any input.
Rob Bonino

Re: Fuel question December 11, 2009 01:36AM
There is a big diffrence. cheap is not always better and in the case of fuel you will sometimes get what you pay for. have someone do a water test and you will see the diffrence. also the higher cost is sometime the barrel it comes in. that will make a big diffrence on how long you can store it. there are some very expensive fuels out there also, and that doesnt mean they are that much better. it might have to do with shipping cost

Re: Fuel question December 12, 2009 10:17PM
Thanks, I heard there could be some water/condensation concerns with some fuels. The barrels I get look good, new paint and inside there appears to be a liner of some kind. Looks orange, like a paint or something. I appreciate the advice. I have never had any problems to date, thanks again.

Re: Fuel question December 13, 2009 09:42PM
i freeze my fuel when i buy it to see if has water in it

Re: Fuel question December 13, 2009 10:16PM
i have dynoed with vp -royal purple and chemical grade and no difference in hp. but always put lube in all of them

Re: Fuel question December 14, 2009 03:09AM
I use plain ol' Sapp Brothers bulk...........right out of the bulk storage tank. Been using their Methanol for years and years. Works great. As one poster said; put the the lube in, irregardless of what brand you use. It's well worth it. Prevents all that white chalky build-up in the lines and on the hardware. My puller sits all winter with fuel in the system. When spring comes; I just crank er over and it starts right up. It doesn't hurt to check screens, filters, injectors, etc., before fire up.

Re: Fuel question December 14, 2009 12:00PM
I have been using VP M1, its their base line methanol. I have been thinking of trying the M5, it costs more, but they claim its worth a bunch of extra ponies (mainly due to it having a bit of nitro in itGrinning)

Check out this thread..

[www.yellowbullet.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,844, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,971.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro