INTAKE December 11, 2009 11:37AM
I have a 400 series lite pro stock tractor, any input on a good intake and who would be a contact person and number? Thanks

Re: INTAKE December 11, 2009 01:59PM
Proheader number is on the builder page

Re: INTAKE December 11, 2009 11:37PM
I have a Hypermax end feed aluminum intake I was going to use but never did. Would make a good upgrade for your tractor. 270-348-1873 Rob

Re: INTAKE December 12, 2009 09:06AM
We do have a pair built right (intake and exhaust) both stainless steel. Limited Pro International 1066 The exhaust side has an aircraft coating good up to 2500 degrees. This was found by a friend who works for Cesesna Airplanes. The flange is angle milled and has cooling fins machined to disapate the heat at the head to stop warpage but to influence the heat inside the exhaust. Different sizes of tubes were used to help with the flow because we know the two inside ports are basically taking a huge amount of the boost being in the center of the engine. We then merged everything the best we could to help the pulsing system.

On the intake side we basically built a plenum then tried to even the runner length the best we could. We had help from a GM engineer in designing the intake who has developed things as the current NASCAR cylinder head used today by Hendricks and other teams. I can not take all the credit in the development on the intake side. We have not had a chance to test the intake but the exhaust had some air movement testing by two different cylinder head guys and we know we are on the right track. With the intake we know we can inject the water in certain directions to make more power. Inside our plenum we made pieces to help flow air to all the cylinders equally the best we could. This will help maintain the temperature as a whole instead of having the egt numbers all over the place.

I do appreciate all the guys who stuck with us this year through all the work overload and constantly behind schedule. I just thought to post this to help people figure out there is more power to be made in the intake and exhaust than stock pieces and I believe it can be affordable. However, it has taken us over 6 months to get both pieces built and the development with spending over $4k just in parts and all the people who helped make the CAD files and machine work plus engineers in their own spare time. I can not quote a price on the parts for about another week until I have all the final things totaled.....

maybe someone would run it at the big show this year for us?!?!?!

Thanks
proheader

Re: INTAKE December 13, 2009 09:59AM
Hey Pro Header ?
Are you the same guy that built the headers for the NightMare pulling truck a few years back ?
I know the Treffers sure did brag you and your headers up.. I know Dan and Tom so the headers must be
pretty good.. Good Luck in your new business..
George

Re: INTAKE December 15, 2009 07:19AM
Any more ideas on intakes maybe a Hypermax, for a 466 Setup? Thats what happenes when you snoose to long you loose!

Re: INTAKE December 15, 2009 12:35PM
Check out Castner's, they have one in their catalogue. Click here Catalogue

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009