New region 3 & 5 mod rules December 14, 2009 02:11PM
What is the rumblings I have been hearing about the new mod rules for region 3 & 5? Is it true they gave Doc 14's? Can you say "less mods"? Or do they figure there can't be any less?

Re: New region 3 & 5 mod rules December 14, 2009 02:34PM
Yep, it's true, but it goes further than that. Doc running 14's is a varience. Region 2 has turned the hemis down to 36 or 37% (sorry I'm not exactly sure of the number). And of course region 4 stayed the same. THEN we get to the Enderle Pull-Off, you have to run under the rules of the region you qualified in. Talk about going against the reason NTPA was originally set up, you can't even cross region lines, almost as bad as the states. Look for Fiess to run more OSTPA than region 2, and Jostock said they would not change to run (but in all fairness I think they would have only been able to go to 2 events anyway because of the GN schedule).

Re: New region 3 & 5 mod rules December 14, 2009 02:50PM
Can't type what they'll call that class, but the reason it'll be called that is because DOC will be playing with himself.
I guess it is one way to make sure he will win.

One more reason for unified rules December 15, 2009 01:00AM
Personally I think ALL states and regional clubs should come up with a unified set of mod rules, so any one can go anywhere at any time and be legal and know what to expect.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 15, 2009 02:01AM
the ntpa is just getting lazy and old. all the rules they have now like the reg. rules for there mods and the rules for the motors and sheatmetal are because they got lazy. why should one guy have specail rules that nobody else has, the ntpa just wants to collect members money. they don't write rules anymore they just collect dues.

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 15, 2009 03:02AM
This was done to see witch system would be even and fair to all chev. and hemi. units. To have a level playing field next year. To stop having differnt rules each year,

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 15, 2009 03:12AM
I think it’s great to keep the hemi and wedge motors competitive, but my complaint is that each region and each state has its own set of rules.

They ALL need to have the same rules from region to region. If changes are made they should be made at the regional and state level in ALL associations, not from one association, state, or region to the next.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 15, 2009 03:43AM
So there thinking obout the chevys and forcing the allisons out make sense. I mean this is normal!

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 15, 2009 04:23AM
How are you going to learn much in one region when it only has four mods total. Not much to base a decision on for the next year for all the other regions. Copy outlaw rules they have more mods than any of the other regions.

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 15, 2009 04:29AM
Rich,
I don't know if this is what you got out of the mod meeting (if you went, i do not know), or if it actually what is happening, but I can tell you this is not the way I see it. ( I respectfully disagree)

The way I understand it is Doc has a varience to run 14's on his tractor in Region 3 and 5 and at the Enderle Pull-Off only. No one else can come to Region 3 or 5 and run 14's on their wedges. (Personally I think the result will be rods on the ground with this set up, but what do I know)

In Region 2 the hemis have been turned down in order for the "wedges to keep up" (their words not mine). Does this mean if in 2 yrs Sassy &/or Veney comes up with even better stuff they will have to be turned down even further if no one else steps their program up? What about the turbines and allison's? What are they doing for then?In the future pullers will have to make their motor choices according to the rules in place for each style that current year.

I know Jake and I disagree on the new tractor rules (sheetmetal and motor), because I say that's been going on in the truck classes for years. BUT I totally agree with him on this standarfdized rules across the board on classes. Tractor pullers want to be independent intrastate cowboys doing and going wherever they want. Well if this trend of rules continues you will have one of two choices: stay home and run with a local group only or haul around a trailer full of parts to change according to the "club rules".

Is this just not history repeating itself? 1969? NTPA? Who knows in the coming years this may all be good for pullers, again.

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 15, 2009 10:30AM
THE 14 varience is on stock chev intake bolt pattern . The big chief and hemi remain the same as last year rules in region 3+5 .They did this to see if the chevy can run with the others without cutting back the other motors.

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 15, 2009 11:25AM
To compare them to WHAT?
The money maker and JG are going to pull mainly GN, Giddy Up talking about it. Runnin on Empty and DV saw this and are deciding Outlaws is the place for them. They MAY come run 2 or 3 places MAYBE. So you will be comparing Doc to who???
PS semi's is looking like the new heavy power class.
But only on weekends.
Not too far away from the cities.

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 15, 2009 12:02PM
Please!!! chevy's have 8cly just like a hemi's. Put a good tune up ,frame&driver and there's no need of changing rules ..

Re: ntpa just needs to look forward December 15, 2009 12:38PM
I think there is need for rule changes but not just for the chevys. I think a light unlimited mod class is the answer. How many people do you know that are building for the 7500 mod? I dont know anybody. I just wonder how many would build for a light unlimited. Either way this class needs change or it will be gone. The pullers also got to stop thinking for there tractor and do what is right to gain tractors.

Re: ntpa just needs to look forward December 15, 2009 02:27PM
Region 3 should just forget about mods, fans want to see more than one or two tractors go down the track. If a promoter wants to have mods they should get a grand national show then maybe us paying fans will get are moneys worth!

Re: ntpa just needs to look forward December 16, 2009 12:15AM
If u look at the schedual for grand national mods last year they didnt interfear with the regional schedual much. odds are there are going to be the same 4 tractors at a pull. problem is its only 4 or 5 and nobody wants to throw their hat in the ring to start. i know there are a few guys out there that would compete in a light mod class. something has to change. i agree with the research to see if putting 14's on will help the chevy's compete with the hemi's but the more u change things the less tractors your going to have. outlaws have a good group of tractors they maybe have less hp but u get to see good numbers at a hook and some variety. there is no easy answer. but it seems to me region 3 is scarring most to outlaws. just my 2 cents worth from the cheap seats.Grinning

Re: ntpa just needs to look forward December 16, 2009 12:58AM
it sounds to me like doc is just sick and tired of getting his %$s handed to him and he is a whiner and a crier the hemi is kicking his can allover and he don't like it well booo whooo. get rid of a few 2wd and put some money in your old heap or better yet put some hemis on board and then pull o ya if JG,BB and RR go gn it will be a mikey christian and doc show hey doc can you beat mikey? i guess time will tell

Re: ntpa just needs to look forward December 17, 2009 09:18AM
does any one know the truth to why he gets to run 14s? is it an experment or what? before we start all the rumors and bashing? i guess i will find out in a month when i go to the metting.

Re: ntpa getting old and lazy December 17, 2009 03:15PM
Read Rich's post from 2 days ago, it's pretty much to the point. To see if the the chevys can run with the big cheifs and the hemis with bigger blowers.

Re: New region 3 & 5 mod rules December 19, 2009 12:16AM
I just recieved my new puller and in the Enderle Brett was less than a foot ahead of Doc. How did Doc make his case that he needed 14's to get that foot. He will be playing with himself.

Bill Voreis December 19, 2009 05:01AM
Funny how Voreis can run with hemis without 14's

Re: Bill Voreis December 19, 2009 08:41AM
LMAO.. the difference there is dumptruck motors and junkyard motors Smiling

Re: Bill Voreis December 20, 2009 10:35AM
HA HA HA HA

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason