New/old DT466 help December 19, 2009 04:20PM
I have a couple questions about the IH DT466. We have a 1980 Internation truck with the DT466. Its what we use to tow ower hauler with. We found a DT466 local out of a 1992 international that was wrecked. Would like to swap the injector pump(bosh P-pump) and injectors into the older truck. On the older truck the injector pump is low on the front cover and on the salvage motor it right next to the valve cover. Other than different lines what else would be needed to be swapped?

As a note the front cover housing on the newer motor is cracked where the alt is mounted. Also the oil filter housing was broke off. Will have to get the motor out of the truck to tell you more. Thanks for any help, Zach

Re: New/old DT466 help December 20, 2009 01:41AM
Just put one of these on a tractor, Im assuming that your trk has a model 100 rotary on it now. those p pumps spin opposite rotation of the pump that is on there now, you will have to cross lines 2 and 3 and also 4 and 5 and the pump will run fine backwards. we called columbus diesel and had them make a adapter plate, different than a standard p pump because the hole in plate is bigger. they also set me up with a hub and gear! everything including lines was around $900 you will also have to use a timing light to set timing, kind of a pain in the ass because the pump is now spinning backwards, or you will have to send pump to columbus and they can dial in your timing the right way! good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2009 01:44AM by SIPuller.

Re: New/old DT466 help December 20, 2009 05:36AM
Yeah it has the old rotary pump. We want to do the swap for some more power. We bought a new Hauler and its deffinatly alot heavier. Old truck does pretty good, but you can tell their more behind you now. Will the injectors drop in also? Still thinking we might just swap motors if I can find a new front cover for the motor.

Re: New/old DT466 help December 20, 2009 08:27AM
injectors should work to, i prolly have the front cover you need if u want to call me 812 309 0403

Re: New/old DT466 help December 21, 2009 01:31PM
Sounds to me like you have a '95 or newer NGD if the pump is mounted up high. The pump should be in the same place on the rotary and the '92.

Re: New/old DT466 help December 22, 2009 05:24AM
The truck is a 92. Will check and see if the motor might have been replaced at some time. Thanks

Re: New/old DT466 help December 24, 2009 04:40AM
ORNGELESS i would like to talk to you about the oliver white chassis you have for sale. try to call you and your phone number listed in your will not work

Re: New/old DT466 help January 15, 2010 01:07PM
It has sold already. Will have several Airesearch/CATSwitzer tubos for sale soon and a SCS over/under driver gear box.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009