Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 24, 2009 04:48AM
I see where Tomah is going to start on Thursday night next year, and be done Sunday afternoon.

What do pullers and fans think?
Did they make the right decision to start on Thursday, and ditch the Sunday night session?

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 24, 2009 08:01AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I am gonna be unable to go to the Thursday Night session. I decided to go to Bowling Green this year because of that.

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 24, 2009 09:21AM
I don't think it's a good idea

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 24, 2009 09:50AM
stands were full full full sunday nite always what does that tell u

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 24, 2009 10:18AM
Sounds like risky business to me !! Wish BG had a Sunday p.m. session, as campers we're there anyway!!

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 25, 2009 02:47AM
I don't like it because I liked to go up to Tomah on Sunday and drive home that night(2 hours away) but I'm not going to drive 4 hours for one session.

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 25, 2009 03:11AM
Mr. Coon Dog wrote the stands are full full full on Sunday night.

I disagree with that. The stands were full on Sunday night last year because they went out of there way to make sure they had an awesome bunch of classes including pro stocks. Normally by sunday night the crowd and the number of pullers are sparse.

I think Thursday night will work out just fine. Some people will like it, some won't. For the most part there is so much pulling there that weekend you can't make all of it anyway. People will make it to the sessions they can.

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 24, 2009 02:49PM
I think it will work out just fine. By sunday afternoon, Most folks are ready to go. I have been coming up on thursday afternoon for the last several years now, and if the pull started that night, that would be great!!
Also, Having been to BG many times, It is nice to get going sunday afternoon for home if ya gotta work monday.....

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 25, 2009 03:43AM
I have to be up at 5 am on Monday's to head to work so it would work for me.I rarely ever go to a Sunday evening pull.

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 25, 2009 05:37AM
I think it will work out well - we travel around 8 hours to get to Tomah and are there on Thursday night through Sunday. We can start heading home a little earlier on Sunday afternoon instead of spending another night and heading out Monday.

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 25, 2009 11:38AM
I think it work out i like yhe last classes in the afternon the are not full on sunday last it was because only screw up on the sled setting why dont ntpa float all the pull like the ppl to get the done faster

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 25, 2009 12:04PM
Ok.. So if you think about it, most people who travel, which ever way you look at it, you will miss work on Thurs., or you will miss work on that following Mon. if you are driving more than 2 hrs. oneway.. Gordyville runs Thurs.-Sat.. it works for them, why would it not work for Tomah! All they can do is give it a try.. if it doesn't work there is always the other way!

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 25, 2009 12:10PM
igot that week off thats tomah got info out Icamp there and live 2 hours i like to get home before dark pulling a camper im burnt buy sunday night

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 26, 2009 02:22AM
me thinks you r burnt before then rock star

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 26, 2009 05:15AM
Sure looks like he is toasted NOW!
I can't make out what the heck he is trying to say at all.

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 26, 2009 07:39AM
I need to find out where he went to school. I don"t want my kids there!

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 30, 2009 01:42PM
I didnt agree with it but I feel the diehards will be there. I cant make first session for sure and I hope they dont run our class on thurs. I see that they want to get the pullers on the road early. Most of the time the haulers get out right away on sunday anyway. It seems like a poor choice to me.

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 30, 2009 08:18PM
Superfarm Thursday has a nice ring to it!

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 31, 2009 01:36AM
I don't like the Sunday eve. session as a puller. You have to be there on Thursday anyway to get a place to park. I have always thought a Thursday nite session would be better than Sunday nite.

The crowd used to be thin on Sunday eve. Last year I could not believe the crowd that was there on Sunday eve. I don't think anybody left till the last semi pulled. It was impressive.

I still think Thursday nite will be better than Sunday. My .02.

Re: Did Tomah make the right decision (pulling on Thursday night)? December 31, 2009 03:15AM
Aint them semi's COOL????????????????
They hold the crowd at Dubuque when they are there!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009