Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 27, 2009 03:07AM
I don't have a dog in this fight but they will be checking water at Gordyville several hours before you pull. What sense does that make?? Drain the tank after they take the sample and put the good stuff in. I understand it takes time to freeze however not sure how effective this will be. Too bad the sport has a few cheaters.

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 27, 2009 03:35AM
To prevent that, the tech official will seal their tanks after inspection. YES your tank will still be able to vent after they seal it. Then the tractors that qualify for the finals will be checked again after the class. On Saturday before the finals all competitors will be checked one more time before they compete in the finals. We have spent a considerable amount of time in planning and have all the equipment and people in place to make this process as FAIR and PAINLESS as possible.

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 27, 2009 05:07AM
My apology!! Sounds like a great plan of action. Well done Klint on sealing the tanks. Looking forward to a great show!!

they have 2 tanks December 27, 2009 05:23AM
then what?

Re: they have 2 tanks December 27, 2009 07:15AM
When their water sample is taken, the tech official will trace the lines from their engine to the water manifold, then to the water pump and then back to the TANK OR TANKS they are using for their water source. YES, OUR TECHMEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR. If a tractor has two water tanks, a water sample will be taken from EACH TANK AND BOTH SAMPLES MUST FREEZE. Like I said previously, we are very prepared to handle this task.

Klint You Are Full Of It ! December 27, 2009 09:43AM
it wont happen. how are you going to seal tanks? you hardly have enough man power to move the smoke tube. tell us more.

Re: Klint You Are Full Of It ! December 27, 2009 10:58AM
I guess WE WILL see. And why don't you sign your real name, I would love to talk to you privately.

Re: Klint You Are Full Of It ! December 27, 2009 01:49PM
Klint,

Do you really expect the people that are continuing to start this constant whining to sign a name. It is NOT going to happen... they remind me of the biggest cheaters at the pulls that run around whispering in the officials ears that such and such is cheating, but won't put up a few hunderd bucks for protest. In my experience the biggest cheaters usually "are" the biggest instigators, sorest losers, and do the least helping of anyone for any organization.

It never seizes to amaze me the lack of nerve of the "whiners" here who will not post their name.

Re: Klint You Are Full Of It ! December 27, 2009 11:01AM
Evidence tape works very well for these matters. Klint I have a case of it that you can use. Just place it over the lids and down the edge of the spouts. Now who is full of it?

Re: Klint You Are Full Of It ! January 17, 2010 03:09PM
klint and his crew did great this weekend and got the water situation handled. guess we saw after all!

Re Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 27, 2009 11:49AM
Way to go Klint keep everything honest and the cheaters out with the loser water

The Details December 27, 2009 12:57PM
The hours spent on this subject are many. If we told you all the "Details" and how we will be checking things, then we'd just be telling you how we are going to be checking.

Does a State Patrol man put out a road sign miles ahead of a speed trap? NO

Does the Army call ahead and tell the enemy soldiers they are going to attack? NO

We might not catch everything, but trust me, we are doing our homework to better ourselves and this sport of tractor pulling. We are not perfect and things will probably get missed, but thanks to the CHEATERS (i.e."ROTTEN APPLES"), this sport has become more about catching the cheaters than its about having fun! Sad isn't it.....

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 27, 2009 11:02AM
Hey WE WILL SEE dont plan to see you there. If you are a puller pulling at Gordyville put your real name on here. If you are justa spectator your opinion dont matter anyway just enjoy the great show. This sport needs indoor promoters like Klint, not loud mouth critical people like you. Im sure he will do the best of his ability to police this matter. Keep up the good work Klint, looking forward to a great show.

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 04:08AM
Why are some people bashing Klint so much He is doing someting about the issues. IF someone finds away around his measures then they are trying to hard to cheat and are not smart enough to just make their tractor run within the rules. If you dont like Klint or SuperFarm pullers than dont go or grow a set and put a name with you post. or better yet you hold an indoor pull so we can all come and see how it should be done. Why cant you all just be happy we have some place to pull in the winter or go watch. To some of us pulling is somting we look forward to all the time. I dont like any sports tractor pulling is what i do is what i like. I might be there in the SuperFarm class so keep bash me too i dont really give a @#$%& what you think those of you doing the bashing do you evan pull?

Andy Keyes

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 05:16AM
This whole "water/SF" arguement is ridiculous!! Never seen so much BS about one issue. Let's face it, there will always be cheaters. The best way to deal with it is to take all options to cheat away from them. Let everyone in every class run any/multiple additives they want. Problem solved.

Just like prohibition way back when. Tell someone they can't have it, and they want it more than ever. Make it legal and readily available and there's a whole lot less trouble, it's mainstream. Everyone has it. No facination with it anymore. Like reverse psychology with kids.

Not the way I would like to see it, but how much time and aggrivation do you spend trying to catch cheaters?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 05:17AM by FarmersFun.

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 05:24AM
You cant just make things like a water additive legal, there will always be someone pushing the limits no matter what the rules are.

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 05:33AM
Agree.

............but give them enough rope to hang themselves, and..........

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 05:45AM
Would that mean a little nitro methane in the water would be okay ??

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 07:21AM
A cheater, is a cheater.. there have been some in the past, I'm sure there will be some in the future, good luck to Klint on trying to make his pulls as fair as possible. We enjoy going to the pulls for the fun of it, in the end its not for the money, its not for the glory, its FOR THE FUN! If you are trying to make money at it, I think you are in the wrong sport! Good luck to all the true sportsman's at all the indoor pulls this winter, and the upcoming 2010 season!

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 10:33AM
Klint is doing a great job by checking the water this way. My hat off to him for enforcing the rule. Changing the rules to fit what the cheaters are doing makles alot of sense. Run anything in your water boy that makes alot of sence. About ten years ago we pulled at a brush pull at the end of the year. It was well known that there was not much for rules. A couple of guys got NOS setups from Staab and they worked pretty well. Not enough fuel so some piston problems for those guys. We ran nitro methane in our water. At about 275' it put holes in 2 pistons. It ran on the other 4 to go about another 50' winning the class by about 20' That is what things in your water can do. Klints rules. Don't like it stay home. He is doing what the big 3 should be doing. Maybe as a puller he knows what it is like to get screwed by cheaters. Why do you guys want to pull in a diesel class and then run on some other kind of fuel? Go run in one of those gas classes then.

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 11:14AM
Great post

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 01:10PM
Maybe you didn't understand my point about let anything go...................Eventually it costs the person enough money and poor finishes that they either quit the stuff or lose out on points. Burning holes in the pistons was kinda what I meant when I said 'give them enough rope to hang themselves'. How many times do you replace pistons before you get sick of it. If you own your own dyno, then maybe you could perfect the mix, but otherwise, good luck!

I fully support Klint's idea of checking and sealing it by the way...............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 01:12PM by FarmersFun.

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 05:17PM
FarmersFun, If you cant figure out from that story of BlackBart winning by 50', and blowing pistions. That if he just put in a sample just enough to slide by competition and not wreck anything THERE WOULD BE NO LESSON LEARNED. So your way of going about it will never ever ever ever ever ever work. Thats just my opinion, we have to have a set of rules and go by them to be fair, and whats a better feeling than winning legally!?!?!?!? Way to go Klint!

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 29, 2009 01:24AM
You are very right. But what do you do if you happen to live and pull in an area where the top tractors have all been to a certain dyno shop? Now... there is even a new dyno owned by the top tractors and they have all the access to mess with "fuel mixtures" as well. If I dont spend the time and money on either dyno, I dont get to share in their chemical technology and will never catch or keep up!!!

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 10:25AM
Many moons ago in my dark early years of brush pulling I played with 37% peroxide as a suitable water replacement,wild stuff- would pretty much twist off the compressor wheel when activated, even completely imploded some turbos! only problem it would not only eat most plastics and not to mention your hands, it caused severe internal rusting in the engine even on oil soaked steel! gave it up and went back to straight water-oil mix. oh ya that stuff would still freeze but hard to get now as some believe it to be the terrorist"s secret weapon. just put er out there!

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 01:11PM
........Jim, you must have had a cool chemistry set as a child!!!!! LOL!!

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 01:35PM
what is a legal additive to mix with water to lubricate a 12 volt hydraulic oil pump .

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 02:11PM
just use water soluble cutting oil

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 02:30PM
We just use some cutting and grinding oil Napa part number 651526 I believe. A gallon will last a long time. We use about 10 cc per gallon. This was straight from Max Simpson when Napa discontinued the other lubricant most everyone used (Macs number 13)

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 28, 2009 02:49PM
All these griping and complaining posts about Gordyville. Why don't we have some of the same about Louisville?
Man, you people are dumber than me. And that is really dumb.

louisville is supplying fuel and water December 28, 2009 09:40PM
l'ville will give you fuel and water to run.

NAPA Mac's 1300 December 29, 2009 01:29AM
I may be an idiot, but we were also told years ago by Max Simpson to run Mac's 13 from NAPA. A couple years ago we asked for it and they didnt have it but did sell us "Mac's 1300". According to the label, it seemed to be their equivalent for the old product. Nothing more than "water soluable - corrosion inhibiter".

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 29, 2009 04:39AM
I was told by Max not to use Mac's 1300 as there was something different between it and Mac's 13 he didn't like. He said to use this so we did and the pump has been working good.

Napa cutting and grinding oil (part number 651526)

Both should be fine as far as legal though.

Hope this helps.

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 29, 2009 10:49AM
dbounds, the NAPA stuff may be legal everywhere EXCEPT Outlaws.
The NAPA stuff isn't CROP OIL, therefore wouldn't be Outlaw legal.
IF you read the rule book anyways.
If you DON'T read the rule book, anything is legal.

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 29, 2009 12:08PM
Forgive me for asking but what exactly is this crop oil you talk so highly about? thank you!

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 29, 2009 04:57PM
Another superfarmer!
I NEVER spoke highly of the crap. I just said it is all that is legal with the Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pullers.
Says so right in their rule book.
Seems MOST super farm competitors CAN read and understand the rule book, only a few ROTTEN APPLES choose to SAY they haven't read the rule book, and dupe the KING into believing their LIE.
Lets see, 60 grand in the hole plus 15 grand in the hole = 75 grand in the hole and we aren't even in 2010 yet!
I say let the KING keep the check book. ATPA debacle hasn't got anything on the KING !!!
If he arrives in a new motorhome at the first pull, or maybe second pull of the season, watch your wallet's.
And put that Wallace dude's name in your cell phone "contacts" list. He likes to buy bankrupt pulling orginizations!!

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 29, 2009 10:26PM
Oh please great one! all I want to know is what is this thing called crop oil? simple answer will do- save the sermon for someone else! thankyou..

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 30, 2009 01:40AM
Jim,
Not really sure but I know crop oil to be commonly used as a additive in crop spraying. The crop oil helps the other chemicals "stick" to the leaves of the crop and weeds for better success and less chance of wash-off in a rain. Prior to the whole water injection issue with the outlaws, I would have never thought to use it for that application.

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 30, 2009 03:13AM
I had the same thought, used it in spraying more the 30 years ago but why would that stuff be specified for water injection? if this is true,it looks like some groups have to be dragged into this century! i hope others may enlighten me a little on this subject. thanks!!

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 29, 2009 12:37PM
lol I guess I forgot about Outlaws. I guess I was just speaking from common sense when saying it should be legal.

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 29, 2009 04:59PM
Yawning)
Yessir, common sense and the KING have nothing in common.
Common sense vs. lotsa numbers and even more B.S.
The sheep keep following the B.S.

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 30, 2009 01:54AM
specificator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yawning)
> Yessir, common sense and the KING have nothing in
> common.
> Common sense vs. lotsa numbers and even more B.S.
> The sheep keep following the B.S.

The only B.S. happening right is the B.S. your trying to start. We've all heard the stories and are getting pretty tired of them. If you want to stir the pot go into the kitchen and help your wife with the cooking.

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 30, 2009 02:21AM
I guess if you think they are stories, you will not be complaining when you are standing with empty pockets wondering where your points money went then huh?

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 30, 2009 02:50AM
specificator Wrote:
> I guess if you think they are stories, you will
> not be complaining when you are standing with
> empty pockets wondering where your points money
> went then huh?

Maybe it wasn't splained to you. We don't care what the Outlaws do or did. The post is about Gordyville. Now put your apron on and get back in the kitchen.

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 30, 2009 09:48AM
Well, you must learn R E A L L Y S L O W, because the Outlaw tech are doing the teching, and Klint is using Outlaw specs, so you better START caring about Outlaw rules.
That is IF you are even accepted to pull at Gordyville.
So you need to go the sandbox and pound sand.

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 30, 2009 10:43AM
specificator Wrote:
> Well, you must learn R E A L L Y S L O W, because
> the Outlaw tech are doing the teching, and Klint
> is using Outlaw specs, so you better START caring
> about Outlaw rules.
> That is IF you are even accepted to pull at
> Gordyville.
> So you need to go the sandbox and pound sand.

I'll splain it you this way, Back up 5 post your point had nothing to do with teching, but instead it was about stirring up Outlaw crap that has been beat to death.Again we don't care about the Outlaws. Now back to the kitchen your stew is burning.

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 30, 2009 12:18PM
your ignorance amazes me!
Even for a superfarmer !!!!!!!!!

Re: NAPA Mac's 1300 December 31, 2009 02:40AM
amazed specificator Wrote:
> your ignorance amazes me!
> Even for a superfarmer !!!!!!!!!

For you to suggesterate that Klint is not capable of retaining qualified personel is what amazes me.Maybe you should offer up your services and help tech that way you could informerate and correcterate the others on what is legal water. Maybe you could elaberate why your first post was a slam towards the Outlaws. Maybe you splainerate why you have a hard -on for a organization that you have no affiliation with. As far as ignorance I would guessimate that it is as close to you as a look in the bathroom mirrior.

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 29, 2009 08:03AM
NAPA still makes that oil it coms in a yellow jug
NAPA MAC1300

nAPA

Re: Checking water "before" at Gordyville December 30, 2009 10:02AM
Whay ever happened to the days when biggest worry was who was sneaking weights on between weigh in and hooking????

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009