old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 10:57AM
Here are some old tractor pictures... Hope this works and you can enjoy them... I have shoeboxes full of old pictures... If this works, I will post more later.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:00AM
more pics

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:03AM
more pics of tractors

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:06AM
more 4

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:08AM
Nice, ahhhh the open trailer days

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 01:03PM
I HAD THE SAME THOUGHT!!!Grinning And no cages or ski's or half of the safety equipment that we have today!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2010 01:08PM by farmerboy70.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:09AM
more5

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:11AM
more6

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:14AM
more7

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:17AM
more9

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:19AM
more10

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:21AM
im done for a while,my brain is numb.....

Thanks Patches-You Are The Man January 01, 2010 12:11PM
Patches,those are some awesome pictures.Thanks,and now go and rest up.Living where I do I never got to see some of these pullers in person but always followed them in the NTPA Puller and in Pulling Power.Lots of good memories there and sadly several of these pulling greats are no longer with us.RIP guys as you are gone but not forgotten.I hope that its OK with you that I save these pictures.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 08:53AM
patches
heres a few more from the early 70's
im going to check with brother but i thought palmers tractor went to meeses also could be wrong tho

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 08:55AM
last one until i do some more digging

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 09:24AM
More great pictures,I see a few Wards in there,Do you remember a Russell Miner from Pleasant Plains,ILL? He pulled a Wards called Nighttmare and won the 5000 class at the 1969 M&W pull.By the end of 1970 that tractor was no longer competitive in ILL so I bought it and pulled it in MO.In 1983 I traded it back to him and he started pulling it again.

[www.whatnextfarm.com]

Here he his with his trophy and $500 check after winning the M&W pull.I was standing right beside whomever took this picture as I took an almost identical picture.

As for The Squealer Im thinking Meese got it from Palmer

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 10:25AM
my buddies wards,he always called it a lehr,has a 4in channel frame.the tractor was very light,we pulled 3500 lb with a few 100lb weights on.he aquired some literature from the factory somehow,and it shows one of these tractors with a straight eight cylinder motor.ive always wonder what motor was used,a buick or packard maybe,but i thought this would be very easy to duplicate into a component antique and be perfectly legal.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 10:48AM
Wayne Durham from Arbela,MO has a Lehr with a factory straight 8 Chrysler in it that he pulls.We visited with him at the state fair pull 4-5 years ago.He showed us a copy of the original sales literature as he had to bring it to pulls to prove that it came from the factory that way.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 11:15AM
Been a day or two since I thought of the McKinnons Pike Co. Stud, maybe fordman you have one of the Red Bone Coon Skinner 1206.

Red Bone Coon Skinner 1206-Pic Pleasant Hill Fairgrounds January 02, 2010 01:26PM
Deere Hunter 1466 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Been a day or two since I thought of the McKinnons
> Pike Co. Stud, maybe fordman you have one of the
> Red Bone Coon Skinner 1206.

Deere Hunter 1466,you and I must be the only two that remembers Barns McKinnons old 1206.It was a hard runner in its day.I only saw it pull one time at Pleasant Hill,Illinois on a friday evening in August 1969.I think he won both classes that he pulled.I do remember that all excess fuel from the 1206's pump was dumped on the ground and not returned to the tank.Is anyone on here related to the McKinnons or does anyone live near them?Surely they have lots of old pulling pictures.After parking the 1206 I can remember seeing Barns pull an AC190 XT in the 7000 class.

This past August I was heading east on Hwy 54 on the way to Rantoul.ILL for the Half Century Of Progress Show.When I got to Atlas,Illnois I felt the steering wheel want to go right down Hwy 96 to Pleasant Hill.I just had to go see the fairgrounds and here it is.I wonder if they even have pulls there anymore?

Re: Red Bone Coon Skinner 1206-Pic Pleasant Hill Fairgrounds January 02, 2010 01:37PM
They even had a 806 called Phantom 806 that was very tough.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 09:03AM
in the first two sets there is a wards/lehr tractor.a very good friend of mine has one of those currently.he also had a purple one that i hauled to north east indiana in 93 or 94.he and i pulled the wheels off of them and were quite succesful.they had a dodge flathead truck motor,a dodge trany and dropbox,and a dodge truck rearend.i personaly followed him on our road in my car with a digital speedometer at 63 mph,the front was shaking so bad he let out of it,and said he had more throttle left.they were the first component tractor,and im sure hooked ntpa back then.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 09:19AM
dont know who the purple one was but the red one was delmar klataski? from lewistowm mo i think these pics were 1972 or before

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 09:30AM
The Wards I bought from Russell Miner was clocked at 65 MPH with me driving it.The front end had a bad wobble so I didnt do it for long.That was in 5th gear at 6000 rpms with 18.4x38's.And to think that we had no safety equipment. back in those days.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 10:00AM
I just looked at Palmers picture, Dunklows picture n Meese's picture. Palmer n Dunklows are looking VERY much the same tractor ........ Meese ........... not so much. Plus now Dunklow has a stop sign cage........ Meese had an up n over with 45 degree bends sooooooooooooooooooo Plus Meese is missing the pinstriping and Dunklow has it the same as Palmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2010 10:01AM by KBacker.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:42AM
BORN TO BE WILD WAS KEVIN PASEKA'S (SPELLING?) FROM LITCHFIELD OHIO. I THINK KEVIN'S WIFE PULLED A 190XT IN THE 5000LBS CLASS ALSO. THESE ARE GREAT PHOTOS THAT BRING BACK A LOT OF MEMORIES FROM WHEN I WAS A KID. DO YOU HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF BILL HIRT'S D-21? I THINK DENNIS MORLOCK STILL HAS BORN TO BE WILD(CIRCUIT BREAKER), I'VE ALSO HEARD THAT KEVIN'S WIFES TRACTOR IS STILL SITTING IN A BARN AT HOME. THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS!

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 02:18AM
"Pride of the Farm" is Don Cook.

....................Mark

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 03:23AM
I think the Pride of the Farm was owned by Jerry Cook from Allegan MI, seems to me like he haules with Dickie Sullivan a few years. These are great pics, thanks for posting them.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 03:41AM
Don Cook is correct, not sure where Jerry came from

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 01:00PM
Ol #1 is now Red Revolution 4.1 from the Bootheel of Missouri.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 02:14AM
Think the Illinois Streaker was Bob Thompson.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:13AM
Thanks Patches. 4th entry down is Don Cook's "Pride of the Farm" from Allegan, MI. It might be that Joe Kwiatkowski is the front tractor. It appears that Dickie Sullivan is passing by.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:22AM
your right,im trying to go by memory for the names.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:28AM
is there a way to make the pics show up without using the attach,so when you click on the responce they will just appear,and to get more than 5 pics on a response.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:34AM
Patches, I have no idea about posting more than 5 at a time. Email Dick or Jake. Born to be Wild from Ohio is Kevin Pasek. The last unknown JD appears like it might be Ropp's from Iowa. In looking through rest of the photos since my other posting, it appears like Cook is travelling with Sullivan. I think I remember that was so. Also, as I recall, Pride of the Farm was previously Kwiatkowski's Wild Thing. Thanks Patches for all your long, hard, time consuming work to post these!

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:47AM
Patches,
Do you have any more of Brad Howell?

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:47AM
wasnt the sledhandler Harold Wilson

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:50AM
YES

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 12:24PM
Cool pics patches. Thanks for taking time to put them on here. Brings back alot of memories.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 12:51PM
if the pride of the farm was kwiatkowskis tractor is that the same tractor or chassy that chris cain still runs? that would be kind of neat to know

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 01:00PM
Great pics, keep em coming.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 11:14PM
Didn't Dennis Goodwin have pride of the farm tractor.

Pride of the Farm January 02, 2010 12:05AM
Yes Dennis Goodwin owned the Pride and he bought it from LD Nation . I think it was mostly parted out when he made Magnum Force

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 01:22PM
yea,your right.looking through these,if the name doesn't pop into your head,i try to give a educated guess.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 01:29PM
Great Pics brings back alot of memories when i was a kid going to pulls with my dad.

Is that a D-17 in fordman456's pics??? January 02, 2010 11:28AM
Curius??? In fordman456's pics in his first post last set of pics. Is that a D-17 in the center picture? I knew they made a demonstrator with the D-21 style sheet metal on a D-17 but have never seen one other than a few in some Allis books and one printed add.

Re: Is that a D-17 in fordman456's pics??? January 02, 2010 11:45AM
i think its david marinos old tractor from early 70s

Re: Is that a D-17 in fordman456's pics??? January 03, 2010 09:49AM
im pretty sure thats a d-21 with a narrow front when i resized the pics to put on here looks like it got squeezed the worst

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 07:59PM
4th one down is Dickie Sullivan...

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 01:20PM
I have jpeg files of old tractors I could send, however, I have no idea how to insert them onto this website. How did you do it?

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 01:38PM
The pictures have to be loaded on a picture hosting site such as photobucket or tinypics which are free.You just highlight the url address of the pictures that you want on here,then copy and paste them over here.Just hit preview to see if its going to work and if it does then post message.If it doesnt work the first time you will eventually figure it out.Good Luck.

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 01:39PM
i will let my wife try to explain it ,if it wasn't for her i could have not posted anything,THANKS HUNNY,

Ok... Thank you for the thanks babe!!

The following is how I got the ball rolling:

1. Scan the pictures into your computer
2. Save them to a file under "My Pictures"--- in order to put the names on the pictures, you need to go into "My Pictures" and click on the file name under the picture and change the name... MAKE SURE THAT YOU HIT ENTER OR IT WILL NOT SAVE THE NAME
3. Go to the PULLOFF website and go into FEEDBACK
4. Once you are there, goto New Topic and proceed just like if you were writting a post
5. When you are there, put in the subject of the topic
6. You will see where it says "Attach a file"
7. When you click on the "Attach a file", you will see where it gives you an option to browse, click on the browse button and select the picture that you want to attach to the topic
8. Once you have selected the file that you want to attach, click attach on the posting.. You will see it, it is not hard
9. After you have attached the picture that you want, make sure that you go to the bottom of the page and click post message
10. It should post to the front page of the feedback page

GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU NEED ANYMORE HELP, JUST HIT PATCHES UP AND I WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN IT FURTHER...
IT REALLY IS NOT ALL THAT HARD, IT SOUNDS HARDER THAN IT IS!!!

GLAD YOU ALL LIKED THE PICTURES AND I AM SURE LATER TONIGHT THERE WILL BE MORE TO SEE... WE HAVE A TON OF THEM!!

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 01:43PM
thats when it was real tractor pulling TRACTORS OF TODAYS PULLING ARE ALL MODIFIEDS OR WHAT EVER

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 02:02PM
great job patches!!! now your wife will understand why you kept all those boxes of old pictures. thanks again it takes me back to the missouri state fair when i was just a kid. keep em coming

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 02:42PM
Awesome pics, thanks Patches.. It really neat to see all the older pullers..

Re: old tractor pictures January 01, 2010 02:44PM
These old pictures are great, patches! They make the 'off-season' a lot easier to handle!

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 12:43AM
Here are some photos taken in the early to mid 70's at BG and the M&W power show also a few from Indy Super Pull (the darker ones). Mostly mods but a few of everything. I'm not going to try and name all of them i was only 5-6 years old then. Enjoy

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 12:47AM
more pics

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 12:51AM
more pictures

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 12:54AM
these i have posted before but decided to post again.

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 12:56AM
check out the mini with one rear tire

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 01:10AM
ive always wanted to know if ,on solid junk,all the hoses actually were used ,or was thier purpose to make it look junky.i would drive anywhere to see that tractor.wouldn,t it be awesome to see it at bg in the museum someday.someone has to know of its wereabouts.

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 02:16AM
All those hoses fed alky to the turbo. He had a block of switches on the throttle and as he went down the track he'd flip switches on turning on pumps to add more fuel. It was crude but it worked!

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 03:26AM
You are correct, Stangle and Perry were among the first to figure out that an alky tractor has to have more and more fuel to keep it from leaning out and detonating.Thats why 2-3 stage fuel systems are run today.Their system was crude but worked most of the time.They did have several bad expolsions. About 10 years ago I think that a Robert Holmes in Ohio had Solid Junk in a barn.

Bust on Hypermax January 02, 2010 08:08AM
Looks like Dave is letting Hyper know how he feels about them with the roof side shields.

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 02:38PM
Richard, thanks for the great photos! I thought I had seen it all ,but the Mini with one tire is way cool! see where the drawbar is at? it looks like has a tubo on too! Great times in pulling......

Thanks again, Stacy Butson

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 03, 2010 01:23AM
Thanks Stacy I dont remember it running but my dad said that it was a hand full for the driver (dont remember who drove it). This is a great example of the inovation of things back in the day even if it was a little un conventional.

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 03, 2010 02:02AM
That mini was Paul Wiedinger's from Attica, Oh. I think. Only saw it run 1 time.

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 01:03AM
im almost positive tracy still has the purple monster at his farm.

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 01:08AM
Yes he was on here last winter when i posted the pics of it and said he still has it and in pulling condition.

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 04:28AM
Saw that tractor run a few times, it was an interesting piece, thanks for all the pics guys

Re: old tractor pictures from BG mid 70's January 02, 2010 06:07AM
Thanks for all the pictures.Whats the story on the purple frame tractor with the radial engine?

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 04:04AM
Patches , thanks for all of the pictures, seen a lot of these tractors when I was a kid ,we showed cattle at the fairs in Il. so we allways tryed to watch the pulls. The Buzzard IH that ran with Hawkens was Ron Newby if I remember right.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 07:13AM
Ron Newby is the right name, I think Hawkins may have owned half of that tractor too. Heres a question that came to my mind, who did J. Howard Merideth buy his tractor from ? Was it possibly Cook's ?

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 07:21AM
If I remember right Merediths tractor came from Grooms Smith out of Georgia.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 08:53AM
the magazine pulling power did a featyre story on merideth,in the story i think it said it came from the south.

D-17 ????? January 02, 2010 11:29AM
Curius??? In fordman456's pics in his first post last set of pics. Is that a D-17 in the center picture? I knew they made a demonstrator with the D-21 style sheet metal on a D-17 but have never seen one other than a few in some Allis books and one printed add.

Re: D-17 ????? January 02, 2010 11:53AM
The picture is distorted.Thats a narrow front D-21 AC. In another set of pictures is Dave Marinos old D-17 Allis.

Re: D-17 ????? January 02, 2010 01:21PM
Is that a McKinnon D-21 The Joker?

Re: old tractor pictures January 03, 2010 11:51AM
He bought the tractor in 78 or 79 from grooms smith out of georgia. Gaten Yelle bought it in 89 and is still running it. Called the rooster now. We still have the original side shields hanging in the shop. Great pictures.

Re: old tractor pictures January 02, 2010 01:55PM
born to be wild used to run an old washington oh seen it go down the track before

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,840, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro