Murfreesboro Pull January 01, 2010 01:10PM
Murfreesboro Pull is one week away from tonight! Can't wait.

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 02, 2010 02:37PM
It's COLD in mid TN and will be for the next week or so.
Weather Channel forecast for Jan.8 and 9 is high of 24 both days, low 8th of 11 and low 9th of 19.

Just want everyone to be ready for the weather!

The show will be hot but you need to bundle up and stay warm.

See you there!

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 03, 2010 06:00AM
How cold will it be there in the coliseum. Should I bring my Carharts??

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 03, 2010 06:43AM
It won't be to bad unless you sit close to the doors. They try to keep the pit doors down as much as they can. I would rather have to much on than not enough. I would keep the coats close!

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 03, 2010 07:46AM
Okay sounds good first time there.

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 03, 2010 07:57AM
They try to keep the doors closed but it doesn't happen. The closer to the track you set the colder it is.

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 03, 2010 08:00AM
Can I buy good seats at the door??

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 03, 2010 08:29AM
No reserved seating. The way this place is layed out there is not a bad seat in the who place. Best seating of all the indoor pulls.http://frank.mtsu.edu/~tmc/arena.htm

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 03, 2010 08:35AM
Anyone coming down thursday night, there is a 70 percent chance of snow for the area.

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 03, 2010 03:34PM
Last forecast I heard called for maybe 2-4" snow Thursday-Thursday night. I know that ain't much by standards in a lot of places(talked to my mother Saturday in Maine and they were calling for 2-4 '!), but folks around here are already lining up at Kroger for milk and bread.

If the forecast temperatures are correct, bring plenty of cold weather gear. It will be cold in the coliseum and there isn't much they can do about that. They'll keep the doors closed as much as possible in an effort to keep the tractors warm but there will still be a lot of moving in and out. Especially on Saturday morning as they are pulling the first session and making room for the finals.

Easier to take something off than sit around and wish you had something else to put on!

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 03, 2010 10:51PM
Just curious how do they keep water injection from freezing up

Re: Murfreesboro Pull January 04, 2010 12:11AM
Most all of the pullers keep heat on their tractors in the pits until they start-up to enter the coliseum.
It was cold in the pits last year, not this cold, but I don't remember anyone having any problems with water inj.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 230,000, Members: 3,341.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,074.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009