pics of doug palmer ss January 02, 2010 03:27AM
someone asked for pics of river city truck sales jd,driven by doug palmer.since i knew were these were i posted at my snack time.im going to do some more later this evening.

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 02, 2010 03:30AM
i think this tractor was pulled by conner bros,before doug . it was painted white with no lettering.there is a video on you tube of it at bg,from late 80's.

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 02, 2010 04:35AM
Did this tractor later become Meese's Squealer ?

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 02, 2010 04:52AM
I am almost 100% sure that this is the tractor the Dunklow (SP) brothers from Arlington, NE bought. It looks the same and they told me it was once owned by Conners. It is now called Green Acres. Runs with Nebraska Bush Pullers and some Outlaw. Dont recall seeing it out at all last summer.

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 02, 2010 05:19AM
it would really be interesting to trace the lineage of some of these tractors.i believe in the other post someone said the chassis chris cane is using was sullivans or cooks.

to Patches, also asking other ??? January 02, 2010 02:48PM
Patches, What I said in my above posting is Chris' chassis was Measel's and previously it was Kwiatkowski. Don Cook was also an earlier earlier Kwiatkowski "Wild Thing". The "Leadfoot Express", which I have never seen (or maybe heard of, since I grew up in upstate NY) is who? That single wheel Mini is quite the, well, shall I suggest, contraption. Who built and piloted it? It appears as if there's a turbo under a covered over carburetor? Thanks again for your input and ditto to Richard Crowell.

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 02, 2010 07:39AM
This IS Green acres of Dunklows (spelling)? LOL Sry if its wrong. I think this picture is about 2 yrs old and it really resembles the Doug Palmer SS.

If you look at the pinstriping I really believe its the same tractor. But hey..... could just be sheet metal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2010 07:41AM by KBacker.

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 02, 2010 05:09AM
Thanks patches,that was me that wanted to see The River City Deere.Yes,the Connors pulled it the first year which would been around 1987-88.It had a white hood and boy did it run.

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 02, 2010 08:32AM
The Conner brothers were inovaters back in that day they were at the top of the game.

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 02, 2010 02:52PM
Boy has this site been refreshing to see the past few days with all of the old pulling pics!
Much better than all the bashing that happens sometimes.

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 03, 2010 09:57AM
talked to brother steve today he was pretty sure chassi went to neb
he thought engine may have been put in justus' white lightning
not for sure tho

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 03, 2010 02:44PM
I talked to Jeff shortly after he brought out White Lightnin & he told me the head came from Palmers tractor. Didn't really say whole engine...

Re: pics of doug palmer ss January 03, 2010 02:58PM
i have some more pics of it probably the last year palmer pulled it,taken with a better camera,ill try to look for em later this week.

Check this out!!! January 04, 2010 03:40AM
[www.youtube.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,775, Posts: 229,944, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,031.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009