Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers January 03, 2010 01:12PM

Bennies Old Faithful at Macon,MO in the early1990's.That D-21 probably backed up to more pulling sleds than any tractor in history.

Donalds Pike County Stud at Bethany,MO in 1971.

In the 1970's the McKinnons from Rockport and Pleasant Hill,Illinois had to put more tractors on the pulling track than any other family ever.Heres what I can remember the 4 brothers and their brother in law having for pullers.

Barns pulled a 1206 Farmall "Red Bone Coon Skinner)"and then an AC 190XT (passed away 1979}
Herb pulled a black D-21 called the "Polecat" (passed away 1979}
Donald pulled a 4020 JD "Pike County Stud" and later the "Joker" D-21 AC
Bennie pulled a D-21 "Old Faithful" and for a year or two a 7050 AC called "New Hope For 73" Have a picture of it somewhere.
Brother-in-law Lucky Ed Miller pulled a D-21 called ^Queen Chabella"

Sonny McKinnon pulled a Modified tractor in late 60's and in to the 70's.
Seems like a Terry McKinnon pulled a JD in the 5000 class.
What ones have I missed?

For quite a few years I've been hunting pictures of Barns Red Bone Coon Skinner 1206 and 190XT,Herbs Polecat,and Ed Millers Queen Chabella and I'm not having much luck. I'll try one more time on here.Thanks.

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers January 03, 2010 01:23PM
anyone else who has owned and built multiple tractors? for themselves

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers January 03, 2010 01:24PM
Hey BG, the 180 ac that my dad had came from that bunch, although we bought from Noble Harrison, Don ran it the year before. that would have been 1971.

Stacy Butson

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers January 03, 2010 02:06PM
hey BG-IH thanks for the mckinnon pictures suuure does bring back great memories. and i believe your right about bennies d21. that would be anybodys guess on how many times that 21 hooked to a sled?

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers January 03, 2010 02:44PM
Herb pulled the polecat D-21 in Ft. Worth Tx. in the 70`s. I`ll look for the pic and post tomorrow.

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers January 03, 2010 03:30PM
Wasn't it a Mckinnon that drove an AC called Monkey Business and then a magnum called All Business?

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers January 04, 2010 01:29AM
that was doug leek from southern il

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers January 04, 2010 07:43AM
Doug Leeck pulled Monkey buisness a 8000 series AC, and a 66 series IH called junk yard dog , which eventually got Magnum sheetmetal ( All Buisness) Roger Early has it in Indiana now, and I believe and Kurwicki bros have Monkey Buisness in Indiana aswell?

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers February 08, 2010 04:26PM
hey j the junk yard dog was a460 ih Leroy Rand from missouri bought it in 1988 we still have it today

Junk Yard Dog February 08, 2010 05:39PM
I remember watching him run junk yard dog on my 7th or 8th b-day at Harrisburg Illinois came down hard broke front axle, saw the monkey business tractor break down and start a small oil leak fire at Mt. Vernon aswell, Mr. Leeck was one of my dad's professors at RLC. Wish could turn back time and watch Henry Piper, Doug Leeck, Tom Nixon and the rest of that group pull again was always a good show.

Re: Junk Yard Dog July 29, 2019 04:11AM

Hi,
Check out "Whatssmokin Promotions Super Stock Collection" on YouTube.
They put up a bunch of videos, 1991-1999.
Mostly from Illinois, but also some from Kentucky, Missouri, and Wisconsin.

Later . . . . . . .

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers July 26, 2014 11:16AM
BG-IH

Bennies Old Faithful at Macon,MO in the early1990's.That D-21 probably backed up to more pulling sleds than any tractor in history.

Donalds Pike County Stud at Bethany,MO in 1971.

In the 1970's the McKinnons from Rockport and Pleasant Hill,Illinois had to put more tractors on the pulling track than any other family ever.Heres what I can remember the 4 brothers and their brother in law having for pullers.

Barns pulled a 1206 Farmall "Red Bone Coon Skinner)"and then an AC 190XT (passed away 1979}
Herb pulled a black D-21 called the "Polecat" (passed away 1979}
Donald pulled a 4020 JD "Pike County Stud" and later the "Joker" D-21 AC
Bennie pulled a D-21 "Old Faithful" and for a year or two a 7050 AC called "New Hope For 73" Have a picture of it somewhere.
Brother-in-law Lucky Ed Miller pulled a D-21 called ^Queen Chabella"

Sonny McKinnon pulled a Modified tractor in late 60's and in to the 70's.
Seems like a Terry McKinnon pulled a JD in the 5000 class.
What ones have I missed?

For quite a few years I've been hunting pictures of Barns Red Bone Coon Skinner 1206 and 190XT,Herbs Polecat,and Ed Millers Queen Chabella and I'm not having much luck. I'll try one more time on here.Thanks.

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers July 26, 2014 03:00PM
the red bone coon skinner was not uncle barney's tractor it was my grandpa's Donald McKinnon.i have a picture of it with my dad,jimmie McKinnon driving it.

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers July 28, 2014 05:25AM
Would love to see the picture of the Red Bone Coon Skinner and any other pictures that you might have..Thanks..

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers March 09, 2016 10:45PM
I grew up with John KUNTZ son and I remember
All his trophies does anyone remember him

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers March 11, 2016 02:32PM
I remember him well. From Frankford, Mo. Think he started with an IH-H with small block Chevy. I mostly remember the stretched IH-M with big-block Chevy he called Phantom-396. Almost unbeatable during the early 1970's. Think he went to Louisville at least once, maybe more. Do you have any Pictures??? Pictures from those years are hard to come by. Great guy, visited with him many times.

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers March 26, 2016 09:14AM
I wish I could find some pictures or hear a few stories. John Kuntz never talked about his pulling and every thing was lost in a house fire. His granddaughter is writing about him and anything would help her out.

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers July 29, 2019 12:21AM
I remember Jimmy McKinnon pulling an AC 180 with a single front wheel back in the 70's at Memphis, Missouri.

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers March 10, 2016 11:31AM
This is so hard to wrap my mind around; these guys supposedly farmed with all John Deere; and tractor pulled with Allis Chalmers, there was no brand loyalty,, just don't get that

Re: Pictures-The McKinnons And Their Pullers March 11, 2016 02:33AM
My father Tim McGuire was the original owner and builder of the D21 later known as the Entertainer. At the time he farmed with John Deere and pulled Allis Chalmers mainly because in the early 70's Allis Chalmers Company supported tractor pulling heavily and Noble Harrison was offering off the shelf horsepower for the 426 Allis motor. I remember my dad saying in 1974 when he pulled in Louisville that Allis Chalmers even had a hospitality suite at a nearby hotel for Allis pullers.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520