Working on bugs January 15, 2010 05:43AM
I'm slowly working out the bugs and trying to get this page back to normal.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 05:51AM
jake,thanks for all the work you put into this,to make it a successful site.

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 06:04AM
Thanks Patches.

I’ll give people a quick update on why the page looks different:

I signed a one year contract for a dedicated server, which means I’m the only website on that server, I don’t share resources with anyone so that page is completely independent. My hope is that page is faster and more stable than it was before. The bad part is a dedicated server is more money per month so I’ll be figuring out advertising rates to help offset those extra costs.

Another down side of the move to the dedicated server is that all of my files and forums had to be moved over to the new server. The move was handled by the server company, but the new server has a few different settings than the old shared server and I’m in the process of figuring out all these settings. The settings is why the page looks a little different.

Hopefully I can gradually get things back to normal in the next few days.

Thanks again for everyone’s patience and thanks to everyone for making this page a success, it’s not me that makes this page successful, it’s all the people who post on it and add such great content to the page. Thanks again to everyone for making the page worth the effort.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 07:03AM
Jake,

I must say i was begining to worry about this site. I didn't know if it was the site or my computer that was not working. Glad that everything is headed back to normal and the site is advancing. Good luck to you as you continue this great venture!

Dustin Elder

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 07:25AM
Thanks for all Your doing Jake!!!!

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 07:30AM
I've been lost since this site went down! Thanks Jake for all the hard work. I'm assuming the server crashed due to the heavy traffic from the old pics? I've heard of it happening in that situation before, it's unfortunate. However, to the guys uploading the pics, they have all been very neat to look at, there's a lot of history there that us young guys weren't around for. Thank You, too! I look at some of those and wonder how anyone survived? LOL!

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 08:11AM
Jake,
Thanks for getting the website going! It was missed by many I am sure. Thank you for all you do with the site, its a great site to be apart of.

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 08:14AM
Thanks Moline Puller, I agree, those historical photos are awesome to look at. Hard to believe how far this sport has come. Keep those old pictures coming!

(Just a quick clarification: It wasn’t a server crash, rather, I got kicked off of the server and moved to a new dedicated server because of traffic.

Last month we had over 12,788,000 hits (still hard for me to believe!) Now, that is not the number of people who looked at the page, rather, that’s the number of page “hits” by people. For example if you type in www.pulloff.com, then click on Feedback, then click on a Feedback thread that counts as 3 “hits”, click the For Sale page that’s 4 “hits”… click one of the For Sale Ads that’s 5 “hits”, anytime you hit the back button it doesn’t count a hit, and any time you click multiple messages in the same thread it only records one hit, but you can see how the numbers can add up quickly. Apparently all those hits were just bogging down the server I shared with a number of other people.)

For those conspiracy theorists who still think there was more than meets the eye to this server change… well yes, there was… after the page went down, I was in the process of deciding if I could afford to do this page for free and pay for a dedicated server. If you do a quick Google search you’ll find out that dedicated servers aren’t cheap… they generally range from $150 to $200 per Month! I spent time searching and reading reviews of server companies and their claims and got overwhelmed comparing the features they offer. I’ve been with my current server company for about 2 years now, and they offered me a reasonable dedicated server for about half that price. We hammered out an agreement just a day or two ago… (I only got internet access back the beginning of this week)… and here we are partially up and running again.

As to why I didn’t post a message on Pulling World, Eastern Extreme, Pulling Depot, Yesterday’s Tractors, Fonda’s page, Mid South, or any of the other message boards… well I really didn’t know what I was going to do until I found something at a reasonable cost. As for why my father didn’t post any updates… I didn’t give him any more information than “the account was suspended and I’m weighing my options”.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to ask, I try an run this page like an open book and I’d be more than glad to share the ins an outs of the ordeal with anyone.

I’m slowly getting things back to normal, but there are some features that are causing a few hiccups. Hopefully things will be completely back to normal in a few days.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Working on bugs January 16, 2010 04:23AM
Jake,
It really is a great site. Very informative and Excel would like to say Thank You for all you do.

On a side note, I would be interested in advertising with you to help offset some of your costs and keep this resource around for the pullers.

Also, in talking with various pullers, seeing how much the site was missed and the fact that so many are grateful about you keeping this up and running, maybe you might want to think about getting some t-shirts or hats to sell to everyone. Take the money from those sales to pay for the server.

Just a thought. It has worked for other customers of ours.

Please let me know if you need anything and when you figure out the advertising rates.
Patty

Excel Sportswear
800-784-8857
pwhitaker@excelsportswear.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2010 04:23AM by Excel Shirts.

Thanks Jake January 16, 2010 03:07AM
Thanks for all the work you do on this site.It is a great source to keep up on events I cannot make it to. I was so glad to see it come back online.

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 09:47AM
Thank you for all you do to keep this site running. I for one was lost when it was down. There isn't another web page like it, yours is first rate.

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 10:33AM
This place has sure been missed by every puller that I know..Glad to see that the old pictures werent lost.

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 10:34AM
If you don't like the Morgans or the site than stay the hell off it.

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 10:54AM
Welcome back, Jake! Appreciate all your work and effort to provide such an excellent resource.

Re: Working on bugs January 15, 2010 10:40AM
Glad to see it back up, missed my morning read of the happenings. Thanks for all the effort and trouble you put up with.

Re: Working on bugs January 16, 2010 04:34AM
Jake, thank you for the time and effort you put into this webpage. I myself believe its one of the best things going for pulling today and its truely the best pulling website out there. I sure missed it the last couple of weeks. I appeciate all the hard work, money,time, and effort you put into this site, there's no doubt you have a true love for tractor pulling. Thanks again Corey Prewitt

????? January 16, 2010 05:29AM
Then why are you here??

Re: ????? January 16, 2010 05:33AM
ah yes he's back! havn't heard from you in a while

Re: ????? January 16, 2010 06:15AM
What is it that keeps forcing people that hate this site and everyone on it to keep coming back? Is there certain brands of computers that automatically hook up to unwanted sites? If so, I need to avoid those brands (unless I like stuff I hate?!?!?)

Re: ????? January 16, 2010 09:34AM
Just look in a mirror! you yellow bellies are too chicken to put your name to your drivel! ya thats right-hide behind your keyboard,why don't you grow a set?

Re: ????? January 16, 2010 11:55AM
after wasting your time on that post, the same number of people will continue to visit this site. hope you didn't have something important to do.

Re: ????? January 16, 2010 02:48PM
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
---David Brinkley

Re: Working on bugs January 16, 2010 10:22AM
Go take a hike clown?If you dont like it here,then what are you doing on here all the time. No one is forcing you to visit this forum.

Re: Working on bugs January 16, 2010 01:39PM
I assume that this comment is made so you can start your own site that is much better. If you have the skills, time and intellegence to start and manage your own site than you owe it to yourself and the rest of the pulling community to do so.
If this is how you feel about the Morgans you should stop visiting. For me I enjoy this site and intend to use it as long as it is running.

Re: Working on bugs January 16, 2010 02:11PM
It sure is funny that Real Truth and At Last spend so much time at a place that they hate.I'll bet that they are one and the same person.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,685, Posts: 229,787, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason