steering January 17, 2010 06:20AM
Who makes the best hydraulic steering system for the money or do they work at all

Re: steering January 17, 2010 06:54AM
Just looking for some info not a bunch of gobblegook from a hacker wanna be, trying to build a toy on a limited budget so to cut corners and time I have heard that it is easier to use this system than to hook up linkage just looking for a buy ,geezzzz

Re: steering January 17, 2010 07:35AM
Use similar system to 4wd pullers.
It is like 12volt snowplow hyd pump to operate the hyd steering like on combine.
you could actually just use a joy stick, wouldn't need steering wheel. Scott that helps with the Dell Rapids pull has that type of system in his cabover 2wd!
Use pressure switches to only have pump running when needed.

Re: steering January 17, 2010 09:28AM
I have seen hydraulic steering that used a hyd. motor in place of the usual orbit control,had header tank above the steering wheel motor to keep the system full of oil.manual but it seem to work! also know of a tractor or two that uses the diesel fuel pressure from before the injection pump to give them power steering!

Re: steering January 17, 2010 12:08PM
Does any one a system from this pobar guy, are they any good, or is there a cheaper alliterative?

Re: steering January 17, 2010 01:59PM
I have one on my tractor and I would be the first one to complain!! I haven't had any trouble with mine.

Pobar's Wife

Re: steering January 17, 2010 02:04PM
Check with Wayne's repair, around $500 or so.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009