Building a component need info January 18, 2010 10:58AM
Getting ready to start a new tractor project. Right or wrong I have decided to go with a component. I have worked with pulling tractors but never payed much attention to components til now. Was wonder about opinions and advice on the rear end. Are most the items easily found such as planateries and axles or do you need to go to a supplier? I'm pretty ignaraunt on this stuff so I would like to hear all ideas. I'm like most people have a bugeot so I have to spend wisely. I'm very capable of fabricating and building but smart enough to know that sometimes you can't do it yourself. So any opions would be appreciated also any ideas on prices for rear end components or "bargains" out there would be appreciated as well.

Re: Building a component need info January 19, 2010 02:06AM
call Bryce Vangenderen he will help with info parts suppliers etc. 1-641-799-4452

Re: Building a component need info January 20, 2010 03:15AM
Do you have a phone # or email address for him?

Re: Building a component need info January 20, 2010 01:50PM
Bryce VanG 641-799-4452. Nice family!

Re: Building a component need info January 21, 2010 01:00AM
Where abouts are you from? if you are by any chance north of the boarder send me an email to RyanBambach@hotmail.com

Ryan

First Component Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Getting ready to start a new tractor project.
> Right or wrong I have decided to go with a
> component. I have worked with pulling tractors but
> never payed much attention to components til now.
> Was wonder about opinions and advice on the rear
> end. Are most the items easily found such as
> planateries and axles or do you need to go to a
> supplier? I'm pretty ignaraunt on this stuff so I
> would like to hear all ideas. I'm like most people
> have a bugeot so I have to spend wisely. I'm very
> capable of fabricating and building but smart
> enough to know that sometimes you can't do it
> yourself. So any opions would be appreciated also
> any ideas on prices for rear end components or
> "bargains" out there would be appreciated as well.

Re: Building a component need info January 21, 2010 05:49AM
David Pfund is a guy that can answer your questions. He has been a long time puller and he builds pulling tractors and parts for the big boys. He has a website and it is www.pullerparts.com and his shop number is 715-495-7578. He should be able to help you with anything you want and give you ideas on what types of chassis he has built over the years. He is very Good!

Re: Building a component need info January 22, 2010 12:22AM
I have the 2008 Crazy Canook rolling chassis for sale @ a good price! Billit Aluminum planetaries, Billit Aluminum carrier all needled, 2" DOM tubing with certified roll cage till 2011, front tires, brake rotors and caliper mounts, Billet hitch, ready for any engine!. $14K 419-571-4553

Re: Building a component need info January 22, 2010 03:52AM
Were in ohio are you located? I don't know I can cash flow that right this minute but I would like to take a look at it and maybe who knows?

Re: Building a component need info January 22, 2010 09:40AM
I live in Plymouth,Ohio about 18 miles north of Mansfield, Ohio or 35 miles south of Lake Eire and about the middle of the state east and west. Your more than welcome to come and look at it. This would be a great start for a pulling tractor! Thanks IH 5288

Re: Building a component need info January 22, 2010 09:51AM
I may give you a call. I live bout 10 minutes north of mansfield so not very far from you. I'm new to the are so it would be nice to meet some of the pullers in this area.

Re: Building a component need info January 22, 2010 11:29AM
You can't get those parts in your shop for that money, let alone get it built, that is a VALUE!

Re: Building a component need info January 22, 2010 01:51PM
Is the Crazy Canook no longer???

Re: Building a component need info January 23, 2010 12:52AM
they got a lighter chassis to gain a little front end weight.

Re: Building a component need info January 23, 2010 02:36AM
After reading and listening to some of the chatter lately will they be able to run the 903 cummins on the NTPA circuit this year??

Re: Building a component need info January 23, 2010 03:24AM
well Ntpa asked Campbell to precommit to the gn circuit, or go to pulling depot and read the whole exchange.

Re: Building a component need info January 23, 2010 05:19AM
Interesting read George, I really don't know how anyone can understand the rule book . Sounds llike some of the guys at WPI have their own interpretation also. How's a guy supposed to know whats legal and whats not.

Re: Building a component need info January 26, 2010 01:04AM
Thats interesting because if you talk to Richwine he is pretty adamant the block must have come in a 2 wheel drive ag tractor for all classes at all levels of competition in the super stock division irregardless of what Rule 16. g. says in the rule book under VI super stock tractors.

Re: Building a component need info January 26, 2010 01:34AM
the rules for the ntpa don't even say 2 or 4 wheel drive tractor the rules says any ag. eguitment. a chopper, combine on and on

Re: Building a component need info January 26, 2010 04:20AM
True , however if you press Richwine on the issue he will refer you back to rule 2 section A under VI Super stock tractors. That rules addresses the legal block in two drive ag tractors only in component and OEM. This is the 'golden rule"

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520