D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 11:53AM
I am interested in setting up a D21, with the 516 N7 engine now running Prostock for the Superfarm class. Does anyone know any problems allowing the 516? It is now at about 600 cubic inches. I want to check before I buy a charger.
Any help would be nice, I am located in South East Michigan.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 12:52PM
The 516 isn’t legal in the SF class in the NTPA, I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think PPL allows it as a replacement motor either.

To be legal in the NTPA it either needs to be a OEM replacement as designated by Agco, or the block must be able to swing a stock crank for a 426 without any modifications to the block.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 12:58PM
Do it. Living in SE Mi you can contact Scott Doty and he will give you a yay or nay. I think they will allow a DT 466 IH as a replacement for an AC so I don't know why they wouldn't let you run a different AC engine..

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 01:07PM
Technically you can’t run an IH DT466 in an Agco, but you can run a 40 Series Detroit. People can argue all day long that the 40 Series and a DT466 are the same, but even if they were 100% identical the DT466 would need to have a serial number after the Tenneco buyout of IH to be considered a legal replacement.

Last I knew an IH DT466 in an Agco is 100% illegal in the NTPA.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 01:42PM
Where are you located Ridge Hwy by chance. Gotta to be close by . We been trying to figure who has the new horse in the neighbor hood.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 02:08PM
I live off of ridge rd in britton. I guess I should talk to scott doty and see what I can do. The 516 was used in Combines, not tractors. I know there are a few people running these mostly in the ProStock class.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 02:11PM
Their is a super farm running one down here. 220 trans/rear with DT series sheet metal. He hooks state level only though.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 02:17PM
I am only planning on some local events, not looking to compete in the G.N circuit. I just want to go have a little fun, and make some smoke.. I have always been around the orange tractors and that is what I wanted to start with.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 08:48PM
What would be considered local pulls for you? We pull north of you in the "thumb" of Michigan with the TTPA. We run by the NTPA Superfarm rules. If your building to fit those rules, you'll have to check us out and come pull with us sometime. It would be nice to have another D21 around. Some of our pulls wouldnt be too far for you either. Good Luck!

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 02:14PM
I think I know where you're at . I'm a couple of miles from you. Would you find if I came down and had a look some time. Not sure what they would say about that motor since its not OEM. Good to hear of another horse in the neighbor. Hopefully I'll have one in my stable in a couple of years.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 02:19PM
I don't have it home yet, I am sure you will see it, britton is not that big.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 02:21PM
Okay, lets us know when she gets here.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 18, 2010 02:23PM
O.K.
As soon as I get it home the work starts.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 23, 2010 02:41AM
Just wondering if you talked to Doty yet on your motor. Is that 516 an actual AC motor and is that the only application the N7 combine?. I can't seem to find out much info on that beast.

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 23, 2010 05:42AM
most common ag app. it was also a dozer motor

Re: D21 Superfarm Question January 23, 2010 06:38AM
Drop me an e-mail at artwooden@aol.com and I can forward you a pretty good pic or two of a 516 industrial power unit. The N7 combine parts book also has the motor parts in it. It is an extremely long in the tooth engine,in terms of age, with multiple variations. Early models appear to have power cell heads, late models have somewhat different heads, on the turbo'd versus non-turbod models, with the heads being twin heads on a six cyl motor.
It appears the rod bearings are 2.75, like the 426 ac, the engine looks taller, not much wider, and somewhat longer. If memory is correct, parent bore for sleeves is 4.998, and with stock stroke being in the 5.5 range,there is considerable room internally to add up to another couple of hundred cubic inches!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason