Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 19, 2010 04:38AM
Just wondering whats up in the RG 3 and 5 or MN or WI state mods. Whats gonna happen here?

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 19, 2010 05:53AM
Its called a variance. Doc got one to run 14's, and nobody else gets one. The promoters that book this class will be in store for a VERY limited number of mods(like 1).

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 19, 2010 06:57AM
i think the guys will still support region 3 and minnesota. they still get prize money and points for showing up. even with 14's those chevy's arnt that great compaired to hemi's. more bragging rights for them to beat DOC. those guys help eachother im sure they are all interested in making the competition close.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 19, 2010 07:16AM
Um, Jeff, Ricky, and Brett are ALL signed up to pull GN.
How may other mods are there?
None from Cheese land anymore
None from Iowa, due to the variance, they'll all be pulling OUTLAWS.
Unless the fine Disaster folks from Illinois come over, Doc will be playing with himself.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 19, 2010 08:28AM
last season most of the grand national hooks did not interfear with region 3 or 5 and Jeff made it to most of the region and state hooks. upm is their club too. history shows that those guys suport their club. i may be clueless but i know ill be at the pulls weather they show up or not.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 19, 2010 11:58AM
well its all about MONEY, mods have been dead in minnesota and region 3 for YEARS its the same 4 mods that show up and if mikey comes to play its 5 but still its the same 4 jeff, brett, doc, and ricky minn needs to scrap the big mod class and get a light mod 6000 pound class unlimited if it weights under 6 grand run it any combo of engines. maybe that would be more affordable than dropping 90 grand per engine times 3 is a Sh%t load of money. make a 6,000 pound unlimited class and maybe just maybe some of the old iron will start to come out of sheds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 19, 2010 02:13PM
Heard from a very reliable source, that Bret finally got the blue prints back for his new chassis. Rumor is that he is building a 4x4 mod truck!!!!!! Its about time he came to his senses!!!!

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 19, 2010 04:08PM
How many COMPLETE Sassy engines do you want for 90 grand each? I'm saving up to buy me a semi, and if you want some for that much, I can see it will not take me NEAR as long to save up !!!!!!
You may want to look at their web site before you go spouting off those numbers 1bigfan,,,,,,
The 4wd guys are the only ones spending that much (and more) for their engines.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 03:35PM
As a promoter I hope this situation is resolved soon. We had Doc pull last year for show and the crowd loved it! People were requesting that we add Mod's to our pull this year but with the class up in the air its hard to plan. It seems from the outside it's hurting the whole sport. I will admit i know nothing about your sport but have been coming online hoping to learn a few things through your posts . Hopefully the mod pullers change their minds and decide to pull RN because the fans want to see them!!!!

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 07:01PM
An then some fair rules ! And if ntpa dont look at this then go brush pulling and have more brush pulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Head out of DASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 03:10AM
Maybe 2....... There's 3 of us traddor pullers in a semi driving through wisconsin right now, in which one of us morons is going to spend some money to buy a mod that hasn't been pulled in a couple of years. But it will be out on MN state classes and RG3... ..... ..... Hopefully... If we can figure out that this runs on gas... not diesel... And if the cell phone has enough memory to add Enderle, and Veney, and Sassy, and we actually dial those numbers instead of Columbus, Muller, Hypermax, and the cenex man..

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 03:56AM
Diesel is for haulers. LOL!

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 04:58AM
don't waste ur $$, that one got parked cuz it couldn't win anymore, unless u can 50-100k on top of purchase price it'll be parked again in couple yrsSmiling

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 07:48AM
only 50k-100k? I heard sassy's were 90k each, that's 270k according to my math... unless when albert einstein taught me, he was wrong. And realistically, with Jeff, Bret, and Ricky pulling grand national like everyone is saying. Only Doc is left to play with. And everyone says he's only going to be playing with himself. So it should only take 3 oil changes, and a barrel of fuel... So that's a tad bit short of the 50k-100k you said before. So make up your mind... Please! I can't stand all the drama!

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 08:19AM
How do the UPM and region 3 board members feel about this issue.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 09:12AM
Well, to Mn. puller, doesn't really matter how the UPM board feels.
To Mod Man; So, you have BAD information on how much a Sassy engine costs, wrong numbers make you come up with wrong totals,,,,
HOWEVER,,
If you want 3 Sassy Engines, I'll get them for you and deliver them to your door for 90 grand each. I'll go direct from your door to buy a semi puller, pro-fab for the trans. conversion, and Rursch for the clutch/flywheel, just with the PROFITS from selling you those sassy engines !!!! (and have PLENTY to buy fuel, meals,motels, and some 8" chrome stacks for the hauler AND puller)
Post up your phone number so's we can make the arrangements !!!!!!!!

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 09:18AM
Ok, shell man... here's my digits... 310-217-7638 give me a call... If you have some sassy engines you want to sell... I'm in the market for 3 of them. I just figure if i don't like mod pulling, i'll torch up the chassis, and start my own mini-rod class.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 21, 2010 02:01AM
Do you want those delivered to Compton, Calif. with that phone number, or would you rather I deliver them to your Hutchinson,Mn. location?

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 21, 2010 02:26AM
Just what does a complete Sassy 526 cost?

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 09:07AM
Come join us then! Bring your mod out and pull in the class if that one is such a pile of junk. Although, do you really know which mod it is? i bet there's 10 different mods in wisconsin... That could be bought, for the right price...

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 09:15AM
News flash (acutally history lesson), It will not take much to stay ahead of Doc.
Oh, and they burn alcohol. You know, like you used to add to your water,,,,,,,Winking

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 11:57AM
there's only one sitting mod in WI that has veney and sassy = Brutus and i didn't say it was a pile of junk. It needs upgrades. Some motors have the smaller veney pinch heads, all birdcatchers, cirello mags, old style pullers, etc.. It'll take $$ to upgrade and i'm not taking the time to figure it out. If dumb puller wants to buy it and run second to the governor then thats what he'll get, and further back if the rest of the boys show up.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 09:16PM
Brutus will step on the RAT all day long, every day with the current Brutus set up, even with the rumored Doc improvements.
That would be a good investment! If they hit all the region 3 events, or region 5, you will see Brutus at Enderle !!

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 21, 2010 01:37AM
dream on.. i like the rat even less than u, but it won't happen and new guy will never be the driver tommy is either

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 21, 2010 01:50AM
I agree totally on Tom's driving ability !!!
But those hemi's are stronger than Doc's dump truck motors, even if he does put the newer blowers on the tractor. Doc hasn't got much for mags either at this point, will be interesting to see if the numbers on them are still 20, or if he makes the plunge to 44's.
I'm betting the new blowers go on the boys trucks, and Doc gets the older blowers for the tractor,,,,, Or finds some 16's and slugs them down to 14 rotor length,,,,,,

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 21, 2010 01:23PM
Tom is a pretty sharp guy, maybe if that's the one for sale he will get his help for a year. Brutus all day long. Just remember what you see or think you see on his tractor isn't always true. Tom is smart.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 21, 2010 04:08AM
Hey grandma lover i thought you only like to screw little baby sheep with your stocking cap on and having a smoke see you mid season when you get it runnin

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 09:19AM
If nobody is going to run the 7500 mod class. Im thinking the states and RG's should be looking in to a lighter cheaper mod class. Im thinking either unlimited or limited but keep the rules fair so they can all be close and not smash everthing every weekend. To the (MOD BOARD) if its limited keep it fair not this 6300 pd chevy class! Thanks for listening!!! I would also like to hear if they are thinking of doing somthing like this a year before the first season to give people and the class a chance.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 09:27AM
The whole problem with having a lighter limited mod class is... What about the guy who has a mod like Brett's, and he just takes 1 motor off to come play. A mod like that would just start bickering again. And then you have another class that's going by the wayside. Anytime you have or try to put a class together with limitations, all you do is ruin a class if you put to many limitations on it. Or you have the guy who has a nice fat checkbook, that can build the best of the best. To keep the little guy at the back of the class... Plus, with trying to put a class like this together, you can't just say ok, here's a class..> Without having support of vehicles. You need more than 1 mod to say yeah, i'll pull... Kind of like the mod class this year. they need numbers. And with doc having a variance like that, it might hurt the class. They should have left it the way it was. It's not going to be every pull where Ricky, Brett, and Jeff will be at.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 10:24AM
I agree but I think if they came up with a decent set of rule's or unlimited and then have a meeting on it in march of 2010 for the 2011 summer you might be surprised on the turn out. I also think if it went to a 5500 unlimied it would be the best for the poor puller to the thick pocket book puller it would not be all power you got to get it to the ground and tracks change.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 20, 2010 12:12PM
Is UPM/Region 3 going to inform all the promoters that booked the Mods in the past that they might not get but one Mod maybe two at there pulls this year?

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 21, 2010 02:27PM
Like one other author in this LONG thread mentioned, most GN Mod events do not coincide w/the UPM and R3 Mod events. Therefore most of the MN Mods will still support the MN state and R3 whenever they are not at a GN event, as they have in the past.
Also, there may be more than one new Mod in MN for 2010, so lets not scare off all of the promoters just yet...like the hard working Rockwell IA team for one. I am also a promoter and plan on scheduling the Mods for the 2010 pull at our arena.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 22, 2010 03:22AM
Well, I wonder if they would grant a variance for Tony Martin to run the old Hale Woodworth tractor with 4 dump truck motors with 8-71's @ 20% overdrive????? And Vertex Magnetos, or no MSD's anyway,,,,,,,

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 22, 2010 03:30AM
There is a easy way to solve the problem, just call the Mod. competitors and ask them if they will support the class. Or easier yet the state and regional banquet is in two weekends in Woodbury, Mn., someone could have Quamme ( Region Rep. ) just ask them if they will support the class and call Dale the following Monday and ask him. Would be alot cheaper to call than to put the money up for the class and not have anyone show up. I myself would be surprised to see more than two at any given event, unless someone was stopping in to test or tune a setup.

Re: Is it true that bret and rose arn't pulling state and RG January 22, 2010 11:34AM
Doc has already called them ALL.
He isn't liking what he is hearing.
As far as class size, but it'll sure be easy for him to win.

On a POSITIVE note; January 22, 2010 01:11PM
I hear Jack's new semi will look like the July truck on the NAPA big rigs calender!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason