to the owners of this site January 19, 2010 09:35AM
Great site and very helpfull but take a trip to the allis dissc. page and check it out you have to regester to use it, any problem they can ban your legetimate email address or username. A few a..holes have to rune it for everyone. keep up the good work. Im like others on this site it is very usefull. If you cant sign your name STAY OFF!! Robert (zero) Clark "and i am big enough to back myself up"

Re: to the owners of this site January 19, 2010 09:40AM
That is a good idea and they should charge $5.00 per year to use it. That would help offset the cost of keeping the site and put a stop to the unwanted posts.

Re: to the owners of this site January 19, 2010 12:03PM
Unfortunately, even a-holes and idiots would pay the $5.00, mostly just to irritate the rest of us......

Re: to the owners of this site January 19, 2010 12:03PM
Problem would be helped by allowing only registered users to post.

Re: to the owners of this site January 20, 2010 09:01AM
Absolutely right. I don't put my real name in my posts, but I'd be happy to share it with anyone who would like to talk about something (if I make a hostile post or a strongly opinionated one, etc.) I'd also be happy to pay to use this forum ,and, a "paying" system or not, I love the idea of only letting registered users post things.

Re: to the owners of this site January 20, 2010 02:04PM
Regarding the donation or people helping by paying to use this site: I really appreciate the offer, but I don’t want to make this a pay site. It’s been a free site since 1997, and I plan to continue to keep the site free for everyone to use. I really appreciate the offer from everyone, and anyone who feels compelled you are free to donate to the site. There are two links at the bottom of every page that say “Donate”, anything sent to me through those links (Paypal so it’s safe) will go directly to the running and maintaining of this page. Any profits will be put directly back into this site (new software with more features, new camera lens so I can get better pictures for the site, etc…) Although I don’t expect to make any profits. Infact those links have been at the bottom of every page for about a year now and I’ve gotten 3 donations (all within the past two months) which I’m very appreciative of by the way.

As for forcing registration to post… I don’t think that would be very successful. I think the page would go down to about a dozen posts a day. I also think there is plenty of great info out there, but people want to keep their anonymity so the info doesn’t get linked back to them.

Oddly enough, even though registration is free and easy, most of the people on this thread still choose to be unregistered for one reason or another. Now personally I think the page is much much much easier to read the page if you are a registered user… there are flags that tell you what you’ve read, and what you haven’t (regardless of how many computers you use), there is a setting that allows you to read all of the replies in a thread with just one click, there is the ability to post pictures as attachments, but yet still people don’t register. If I force them to register to post my thought is they will simply go elsewhere where they are not forced to register.

Thanks for the suggestions, and if I ever decide to make the page for register users only, I hope everyone registers and continues to contribute opinions and ideas to the page. Thanks again to everyone for making this page what it is today, and to those who haven’t registered, I think you should consider it, as I hope to make more and more features for registered users.

We will also continue to add more moderators to help with the monitoring.

Thanks again to the people who contribute, and the people who help moderate.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: to the owners of this siteThumbs Up January 20, 2010 02:12PM
THANKS A LOT JAKE REALLY ENJOY THE SITE!!!!!!! I WAS HAVING WITHDRAWLS THE TWO WEEKS IT WAS DOWN AGAIN THANKS FOR HARD WORK KEEPING THIS SITE GOING Thumbs Up

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,776, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member Jason