converting IH big lifter bore to roller lifter? January 30, 2010 11:07AM
I have a 468 block and its got the big lifters, what needs to be done to make the roller lifters and plates work? I know I will need a different cam.any help appreciated, thanks

Re: converting IH big lifter bore to roller lifter? February 02, 2010 03:55PM
You will need to mill the area around and in between the lifter bores to flatten it out.
Most machine shops that work on pulling engines have done this.

Re: converting IH big lifter bore to roller lifter? February 03, 2010 01:04AM
You can just go to a navistar truck dealer, and get the lifters, and plates, and make sure when you get your cam... use a billet, that is brand new, not a regrind. if you do that, your base circle is big enough that you don't need to have the blocked milled out... everything will work just fine like that.

Re: converting IH big lifter bore to roller lifter? February 03, 2010 01:58AM
Billet cams are the most overrated and overpriced items out there. Yes some radical grinds that is the only way to go (PS), but other than that save your money and spend it elsewhere on the bottom end of the motor. On the IH side start with a new truck core and have vogel regrind and you will get an excellent cam.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason