Brakes on my trailer January 31, 2010 03:09AM
I'm looking for some advise regarding my trailer I use to haul my tractor on. Its a 20+5 14K Moritz trailer. It has not seen many miles, does more sitting than anything eventhough its 12 years old. I did have brakes worked on a while ago. The brakes need some work. I know Moritz offers the complete backing plates for $70-$75 a piece, which is much cheaper that piecing it out. My question is how often should you repack the bearings with grease? The one dealership I talked to said I could be getting up too $2000 in this repair. An I should repack the bearings every year. Doesn't sound right to me.
Thanks for your help.

Re: Brakes on my trailer January 31, 2010 04:06AM
If you are going to have the wheels off anyway it only makes sense to me to inspect and repack the bearings at least for peace of mind knowing that everything is good in there.

Re: Brakes on my trailer January 31, 2010 04:10AM
as long as they are done right once every 2 3 years we ve got 3 trailers for are buissness took the bearings to the local converor place crossed the numbers on one got al the bearings for 200 .00 went home power lube them new seals good to go

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,701, Posts: 229,801, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard