IPA 6500 Outlaw February 02, 2010 09:45AM
What were final rules decided on for this class? Specifically for turboed small cube tractors?

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 02, 2010 11:34AM
check email let me know if you got them

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 02, 2010 12:05PM
What are the basic rules for this class? thanks

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 02, 2010 12:59PM
Just booked that class for vermillion county fair in Danville. Look forward to seeing u guys run.

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 03, 2010 02:54AM
Yep, got it.
I appreciate it!
Thanks!

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 03, 2010 01:58PM
I have a copy of the rules in Word format that I can e-mail out to anyone who would like a copy. But for the quick answers.
Unlimited cube N/A gas, propane or diesel. Updraft carbs or p-pump limit, 3000rpm
380 c.i. w/ 2.3" single turbo(3lm equivalent) gas, propane or diesel. Updraft carbs or p-pump limit, 3000rpm
18.4 x 38 tires.
SFI Flywheels, chassis tie-bars and clutch blankets.

At last count we have 3 signed pulls for the class and are anticipating 3 to 4 more to sign on.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at my profile address.

Carl Downs

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 05:30AM
This new outlaw class that you are talking about how did it get it's start in the ipa? Did it get voted in at the annual meeting? Are the other ipa members in favor of adding this class?

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 06:09AM
It was voted in by the board in a meeting at the end of the year. As the IPA is growing, we have found a need to add classes to cover requested events. We are trying to offer a variety of classes to promoters so that we can stay in the market.

You can't sell just one or two classes and think that the whole world wants to see just those two classes. Not to mention when one of or both of the classes wouldn't want to travel any farther than 40 miles from the house or wants to just pull on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Not every event can be on the weekend.

This class is bringing new membership to the group and some variety to the organization. We already have 6 to 7 vehicles lined up for the class and have had several inquiries about new builds from a variety of colors.

The class has not taken any hooks away from any other class. People need to remember that a santioning body is there for all of their members. The IPA has actually turned away sanctioning certain classes for a variety of reasons. From not being able to represent a class in the way it should be represented to there wouldn't be a place for the class to hook. Most sanctioning bodies aren't in the business of taking membership $'s just for the sake of having their money.

There is alot of activity out in the world and not just one organization can cover all of it and not every organization is equipped to handle certain levels of competition. It is a big world and all of us have to live in it.

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 08:24AM
With that said how is the LSS class looking? Thanks

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 08:38AM
So far we have added two LSS hooks to the schedule over last year. We have a couple of contracts out yet but it looks like there will be around 8 hooks for LSS. It will be a points class for 2010 and we are looking to bring some extra money in for early July swing. 3 hooks in a row right behind Fisher LSS hook. Survival of th Fittest series.

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 09:28AM
How many tractors are going to be in the lss class this year? Ole Chuck needs someone to compete agianst. Are you going to allow the 6500 outlaw class to jump in?

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 10:20AM
Was interrested in how a board can vote in a class without talking to the members of the organization and letting them vote. Sounds to me like this is more of an anarchy than an organization. I think that instead of trying to add all of these classes in such a tough economical time that you might try to take care of the classes that you all ready have. Sounds to me this class will end up like your famous Light Super class with an average of what 1 to 2 tractors that doesnt make promoters very happy. Dont try to turn this group into ITPA with to many classes.I just think that before you add classes it should be brought up to the whole group and discussed upon and researched with projected members and have guarented veheciles before you try to sell it.

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 11:42AM
Gee Jon. You were on the IPA board once and you gave it up because you were going to pull with the ITPA with your mighty modified and our little group wasn't worth messing with. (if I remember correctly) You sure are interested in something that isn't worth messing with.

I will tell you that the LSS have never taken a hook away from any other class in the organization. None of the prize money paid out in the LSS class came out of your pocket so why does it bother you soooo much. NOT to mention how many pulls have you actually promoted where you booked the LSS class through the IPA and were disappointed. Or how many pulls have you really promoted or been responsible for? The IPA has benefited from the class itself and the class of people who have come to our events over the last couple of years. If you would pull your head out of your port you would have seen a pretty good show of LSS at Rantoul. We gain more interest from competitors as we are getting out purse money advertised and our rules.

BTW look up the definition of big words like anarchy before you use them, it just gets you in trouble.

You can't see past the nose on your face if you think that everyone is there to see nothing but 4x4 trucks. Every new class that we offer gives the whole group a better opportunity. You gain memberships, support and friends at every opportunity. Not to mention that some of those new members have home town fairs that creates the chance for any number of the groups classes into a new venue.

I will make you a deal. If you want to make sure that our group doesn't run itself into the ground, we have board seats coming empty and I will nominate you to fill one of them. Then you can come and straighten us out instead of telling everyone how smart you are and how we aren't running the group correctly.

Now you know how to get in touch with me and we can talk about this or you can tuck tail behind your little handle here on the internet an no one will know but me.

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 12:02PM
Here we go, one man works his ass off to get somthing going and some S.O.Bs aint got the balls to sign there name, but they sure can voice there opinion!!!!!! Bob (zero) Clark

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 02:17PM
Well Carl this is me I not for sure if Im the Jon your talking about but I not afraid to sign my name. Ive been under the same name since Ive been on this page. I have read the thread that was written and I do see truth in it. I agree with the group having control with what classes are to be put into the group though. Once again I sign my same name every time and did not sign that one so it must not be who you think it is. Yes Ive set on the board for many years and did my fair share of the work to let this group grow. I did step down not because the reasons you say but for the same reasons I stepped down from coaching basketball if I cant give 100% then it is time to step out. If I cant be at every event than I dont think I should be on the board or an officer.

Re: IPA 6500 Outlaw February 04, 2010 12:03PM
class could end up like a mod 4x4 class with 2 trucks to.And that doesnt make promoters happy either. I hear they than book dsl trucks. Smoking

Re: #'s? February 04, 2010 01:49PM
We obviously can't say for certain who will support us all through the season. We know that Chuck and Andy are our core competitors in that class. With the current rules in place and the implementation of points we think it will change the face of the class as far as numbers go. We have a stretch in July of 3 hooks in 3 days in a 50 mile radius (it could actually be 4 hooks in 4 days if you throw in the ITPA hook in Fisher) We hope to see alot of numbers due to the lack of travel and the span between the hooks.

To answer the Outlaw tractors competing in LSS. Yes they can as long as they have all saftey requirements. Which they will have flywheels and blankets already but they will need to meet the cage and firesuit requirements for the class.

Re: #'s? February 05, 2010 01:47AM
Carl,
Nice to hear you have 6 or 7 tractors lined up for this class this year.
I think it's a neat class. It gives the 800 moline guys somewhere to go consistently to pull for some $$$ and not have to drive all over creation for little brush pulls here and there that let them pull. Throwing the small cube turbo into the mix makes it even better. I like what you guys have done with this. I am intending to pull in the class but probably won't be able until late summer or maybe even 2011. Trying to get built. Too many time committments and such. My only concern is the survival of the class, but w/6 or 7 tractors sounds like it should be ok. Once I get rolling, I will be intending to pull Light Super as well granted that class survives for you. Wish you guys the best of success for 2010.

Re: #'s? February 05, 2010 04:19AM
We will be glad to see you.

We of course want to make sure that an invitation is open to anyone who fits into any of our classes be it tractor or truck to come and pull with us.

We are a group who enjoys the sport and the people in it.

Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season.

Re: #'s? February 07, 2010 03:19PM
Carl: Can you e-Mail, or give me a Webb Site, of where I can see your classes and rules? Might be considering Joining? Maybe even a list of events?
Thanks, Dave

Re: #'s? February 07, 2010 03:24PM
illianapullers.com is the web site

Re: #'s? February 08, 2010 03:19AM
On it's way Dave. Thanks for the interest. If you don't get it be sure to let me know. My number is 217-74-7301.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason