Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 06:12AM
Heard it thru the grapevine that there wont be any Pro Field tractors there this year. Any truth to this

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 06:22AM
Would be bad for business. Seems like a lot of locals in that class

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 06:24AM
Just a rumor,but it could end up being that way. What a shame

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 07:36AM
be home in time to watch the 10:00 news

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 07:50AM
All they have to do is turn the rpm's up and run the 82. They're already there anyway so what's the difference. No big lose it looks to me.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 07:54AM
Ur rite on the money there. I know one boy in there that can wax em all.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 08:01AM
But the cry babies in the 82 will come up with another excuse to not to let them in.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 08:07AM
I heard that last year those boys were pretty unhappy with a certain puller in the pro field, cuz he jumped up and smoked em.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 05, 2010 03:47AM
Now the 8200 lb babies got the tires taken away and they are trying to work on what kind of fuel to run. They hate to be beat so they are trying different things hoping it will hurt some pullers!!!! THINK AGAIN!!!!

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 05, 2010 02:46AM
Not this year. 24.5 tires ONLY in the 8200. Evidently they decided less tire is better in that class & they don't all want to buy new tires & rims.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 05, 2010 06:27AM
Sell 24.5 tires and rims approx $5000
Buy 20.8 tires and rims approx $4000
= Profit of $1000

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 07:54AM
that would be farm tractors.they run local farm dyno classes in the afternoon and theres been talk for years to drop them

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 08:00AM
So they are thinkin about gettin rid of farm classes. Fine by me

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 04, 2010 01:46PM
I always really enjoy watching the farm class before the big pull. Always kind of been a tradition for me and my father. If you don't care to watch it don't sit and watch it, and please don't complain about it, because some people like to see it and there must be interest in pulling from the # of farm pullers they have.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 05, 2010 01:23AM
Wash Mo fair has the worst tractor pull and organizers of every pull in Mo. I enjoy watching all classes , but g.dam they drag it out sooooo long, the farm pull rolls along pretty well, but get in the evening pull its a joke; one year they had the Outlaws and the East Central Jokers ; the whole thing was a joke!!!!! It was clear too see what color tractor and -good ole boy - who was supposed to win by the guys talking to the sled operator , other tractors getting screwed by the weight box going up faster or on some moving slower, they advertised it great, but what a poor show; theyd jack around, pull 4 tractors an hour, repull some , jack around some more , talk about it , then woooo the Outlaws are going to pull- 3 outlaw tractors are here - wow , that was the fastest hour of the night !!! It was finally over at 2 am; by then everyone was gone and so relieved the dumb mess was over , never gone back cause it truly was,nt worth it !!!! Thet should just give up !

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 05, 2010 02:11AM
It is way better since they brought in some ITPA classes. I always enjoyed it. Maybe you should organize a pull and invite us to come watch. Lets see I want to get in free have free beer lots of top of the line tractors,no sled and or track problems, no down time, every thing the announcers says I must agree with and think its funny, I want a green colored sled, good parking, pretty women hanging on me and a ribeye sandwich provided, then I won't complain about your pull one bit. Please have a good really long show, but I don't want to be there very late in the night.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 05, 2010 04:03AM
why do people think sled operators are such corrupt people that they would change the gearing around during the middle of a class. they might enjoy seeing one color win just the same as any other pulling fan. i dont know many sled operators who are willing to stake the reputation on letting a tractor they like win. i guess from now on the sled operator is supposed to show up, sit in the sled and never get out and talk to anyone, no buddies at the pulls, nothing. as far as bashing ecmtpa, your prolly the same guy that whines about outlaws, and super farm, and gordyville. why dont you go join a demo derby, they like trash that stands on top of their cars and cry about everything.

Re: Corrupt Sleds February 05, 2010 11:35PM
I have seeen the Bungart sleds look pretty suspect during the mo state fair with sundays results looking pretty mixed up between associations and then Sundays show mstpa tractors pretty dominant. Wonder why that might be?

Re: Corrupt Sleds February 06, 2010 11:28AM
until someone brings me hard proof, i don't buy it. i believe 99.9% of sled operators are upstanding guys. what motive do they have to cheat? because if they get caught, they know they're screwed...most of them do this for a living, not because they don't have anything better to do. but yet pullers think they cheat and play favorites among pullers and/or colors. i don't get it.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 05, 2010 08:02AM
Dugg, buddy calm down. If its the worst why did u say u liked all the classes..Economy got ya down or what

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 09, 2010 04:24PM
I talked to one of the board members and they said that the pro field will not be at Washington! It doesn't help that the fair board member hated the pro field cause it should be a Cheap class. Well nothing stays the same. He did't want to spend the money so he quit. Now he is taking it out on them. And also that one of the pullers that live in the town got beat by a pro field tractor so i'm sure he said something too. It was funny the pro stock guys wanting the top pro field tractors ti jump up and when one did they all started crying and figuring a way out to now not let him pull. May be the pro stock guys need to go to a 540ci rule them the priblem can be solved. Oh wait they dont want to speng the money. The profield pullers have maybe 7 hooks this year. Which is funny cause this new president is a joke. doesnt like the pro field so @#$%& on them.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 12:06AM
Sounds like to me some Pro field guys are spending way too much money in a starter class if the are beating the Pro Stock tractors. Maybe they should move up to the Pro Stock class if they are going to spend that kind of money so more will get in the starter class and get it back to where it is suppose to be(a starter class without a few big spenders). Good move on the association to address this problem.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 12:18AM
I can't agree more. That profield class has gotten way out of hand.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 01:30AM
Although it sucks there is only 7 or so hooks, i cant agree more, its pretty crazy how far out of hand this class has got. if you want to run the same rules as limited pro, just do it dont ruin a good class

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 03:36AM
I don't necessarly agree with where this class is now, but everone that pulled this class in the past had a hand in getting it where it is today.

At what point do you feel this class got out of hand? Rember that this class was started by a bunch of guys that were pulling their farm tractors at pulls that didn't have dyno limits & wanted to that more often. Those tractors went back to the field at the end of the summer.

So, was it out of hand when someone had their head ported & polished with oversized valves?

Was it out of hand when someone tied their PTO & master clutches together to make a double disk?

Was it out of hand when someone put an intercooler & icebox on a tractor?

Was it out of hand when someone cut their tires?

Was it out of hand when someone put in special gears?

Was it out of hand when someone put in a special cam?

What about a Crower clutche or tube frame?

The cams in the top PF tractors 10 years ago were about the same as what was in the PS at that same time, the PF guys just didn't know it. So their engines were already pretty much where the PS guys were 15 years ago when PS went to P pumps. Everyone thinks the PS have so much more in their engines becase they turn so many more RPM's & neither is true. Both classed changed to P pumps for the exact same reason - the rotary pumps were getting so expensive & unreliable that P pumps were more economical. Turbos have evolved in all classes - the PS turbos are just as out of hand as the PF ones.

I believe the fair pull chair introduced the icebox & insisted that some 3LM466 came with a 2.5" wheel so in a way he opened the pandora's box on the turbo. The other washington guys pulling in PS introduced the tube frame to PF before they declined to have their CID checked & moved to PS. So both of them were pushing the envelope when they were in PF.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 07:19AM
either way it is out of hand. yes you have many good points but what i think most of these guys are getting at is, the class should have never allowed tube frames, probably 20.8's and non cut tires and no p pumps, the first rules when it was still missouri pro field pullers was when it was most fun. of course thats when a big ole d-21 was whippin up on everyone, everyone knows red has to rule.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 07:29AM
I agree the old missouri profielders was fun. I wish it was back to that. I understand the safety equipment if you are going to run 3000 rpms, but do all that with the factory frame, factory appearing pump and stock engine displacement for the make and number tractor. The rules used to be stated stock engine, rearend and transmission for make and model but then an 856 decided they wanted a 414, and a 4010 wanted a two speed. No one did anything about that. Those are the kind of things that hurt the class terribly. And if you don't pull a red one then they will do everything they can to make you finish last or drive you away.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 08:28AM
It may have gotten out of hand,but the profield class is still small compared to other Org. in Missouri. The performance part of it has came so far from 15 years. It is what happens. There was going to be a a new class that they were going to allow. A hot farm but nobody showed up to the meeting to say anything so oh well. Maybe the pro stocks need to raise their rules on ci.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 20, 2010 08:13AM
Why would anyone show up, the PF guys weren't going to let one of their classes get cut, they're too greedy!! The 8200 PS has been 466 forever. Several pullers started out in the pro field back when it was fun, and affordable, and moved up to bigger classes. Why those idiots in the now PF made that class into another PS class is beyond me.Really, how many IH 466 classes do you need? I guess money talks. If you spend that kind of money to have an engine builder build you an engine to win all the time, you don't need to be in the PF class making everyone less fortunate look really bad ( 5 and below). I hope they do lose alot of pulls. They're getting what they deserve!

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 20, 2010 09:40AM
I heard the other day that MMTTPA has around 25 full show hooks scheduled already this year. That includes the Pro Field class. Theres your answer pro field pullers.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 20, 2010 10:16AM
maybe you should look at the classes around the east central missouri area. Us IDIOTS as you called me are just staying along the same rules as mmttpa, and we actually don't allow as big of a turbo as the northern boys. What if we would even want to compete at the state fair or maybe at a class closer to home when east central doesn't have a hook why not make our rules the same or close to other local associations. If you don't want to watch a pulling tractor than don't,quit complaining just because we want to stay competative. There are open field pulls around and I still attend them. There are tractors that would put a couple feet on our class on the right track. those tractors and drivers had their chance at the rules meeting to be represented but no one showed up, just like if there was a hot farm class 2 or3 tractors would be there and they wouldnt travel.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 08:29AM
I wonder why the superfarm class has alot more pulls when there numbers are alot lower then the profield numbers?

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 09:56AM
Even before that you had 706 rears with 414's. That didn't match...

The problem with the stock pump rule is the 15mm Bosch rotary pumps. Can you honestly say that pulling was fun and affordable when guys started running them (unless you had one)? That pretty much forced the Deeres into 30 series or newer & pushed out the AC's.

How has the P pump ruined the class any more than everything else? I see them advertised on here all the time from SF and old PS or SS tractors for much less than the 15mm rotary & it's much more reliable.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 11:55AM
Some of you say the PF classes have gotten out of hand maybe your right. But everything that goes on in the classes as far as changes are voted on by the members and approved by the board. These changes have begun long before our last VP and Pres. So don't go blaming them.
It's like anything there is always someone that runs better than the rest of us in most of our classes. So what are we supposed to do? Critize them, applaud them, or just go with the flow, it is what it is, maybe the rest of us just like to pull and have some fun! Winning is everything to all of us. Maybe we all don't have the finacial support of some or the awesome jobs that it takes to have a great pulling tractor. But we still love tractor pulling thats why we go.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 12:24PM
there was many times the members voted on something an the board changed it. Thats not fair.I remember when eveyone voted to have 1 hook at a pull and then the board changed it back.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 10, 2010 01:09PM
member Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some of you say the PF classes have gotten out of
> hand maybe your right. But everything that goes on
> in the classes as far as changes are voted on by
> the members and approved by the board. These
> changes have begun long before our last VP and
> Pres. So don't go blaming them.
> It's like anything there is always someone
> that runs better than the rest of us in most of
> our classes. So what are we supposed to do?
> Critize them, applaud them, or just go with the
> flow, it is what it is, maybe the rest of us just
> like to pull and have some fun! Winning isn't
> everything to all of us. Maybe we all don't have
> the finacial support of some or the awesome jobs
> that it takes to have a great pulling tractor. But
> we still love tractor pulling thats why we go.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 11, 2010 12:41AM
all of the PF guys are local they bring their families to the fair. some have kids involved the fair activities. they patronize the concessions and rides. it's sad to think that the money and effort these boys have spent and put into the organization will all be wasted because a few don't appeciate what they are doing or how hard they are running. I think some have forgot where they started from.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 11, 2010 01:53PM
As many things go we all have ideas and or thoughts of what is right and or wrong with the PF class. A thought. As a average fan sitting in the stands do they really know the difference between a PF and a PS tractor or are they just happy to be there sitting in the stands watching a tractor that they like go down the track and just pull itself into 1st place? So in the end does it really matter that the PF resembles the PS I thought that we were there to give the fans a good show.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 11, 2010 05:10PM
You are probably right about the people in the stands not knowing the difference between the two classes. but you have to realize the facts. The fact is that you are not going to get more pullers involved in this organization with the high dollar cost it takes to get started in the PF class. It's amazing how just a few pullers with money, and a big ego can ruin a class!

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 11, 2010 11:50PM
your last statement is gold sir. my hat is off to you. I pulled field class for years messed around with the brush pulls and dreamed of a PF tractor someday...... I don't have a spare $50,000.00 laying around to just get started.

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 12, 2010 07:46AM
Sir, if you have the skills to turn at least some of the wrenches yourself $50k will get you more than 'just started'. If you already have a tractor suitable for the class you should be able to make some pretty respectable passes for $10k if you buy some used parts off this site & do the wrenching yourself.

I'd be willing to bet that if you showed up with $50k at a pull next year & waved it at almost any of the PF pullers you would get their tractor as well as their gooseneck, weights & they'd help you hook it to your pickup. Maybe their pickup too! Smiling

Re: Wash Mo Fair February 12, 2010 03:00PM
We will sell you a real nice 1486 for half that price and you will compete with it!!!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009