Codys 8400 February 04, 2010 12:15PM
Is Codys 8400 sold yet ? Has anyone seen it pull? If so how well does it do?

Re: Codys 8400 February 04, 2010 01:06PM
I am not sure but I think it came out of ga. Have heard mixed reviews one fellow said it ran well, another wasn't as impressed. I guess if I was interested I would make an offer and see where it goes but I would never give the first price without seeing it hook.

Re: Codys 8400 February 04, 2010 04:40PM
I'm almost certain that it is Sold.

Thanks

Re: Codys 8400 February 05, 2010 01:43AM
I highly doubt George would buy it if just won the farm show and had a full tank of fuel. LOL.

Re: Codys 8400 February 05, 2010 02:35AM
Probably not but I have had a bunch of tractors roll through the driveway.

Re: Codys 8400 February 05, 2010 02:59PM
With the economy what it is, it's a buyer's market for some of even the best iron now, when someone decides to make a move in another direction. That notwithstanding, what ole George or anyone else involved in the sport choses to "play with" is their option, not based on public opinion. If everyone I've sold parts too, asked for assistance or refered others to from anything from parts to looking for an old farm tractor, were as helpful, I'd be tickled. He took the time one afternoon to join me on a trip to see my friend Nick Hicks, for a visit with he and his wife, as he knew the area, making my trip memorable. Gardner Stone told me once, at Bowling Green, he was embarrassed when an average fan, approached him about the money he had spend on this tractors. This was when "his tractors" were a pair of twin/triple allisons, prior to the quad t-55 unit, prior to his last hauler, which he advertised as costing 150K+ for the tractor, 750K+ and 18 months construction time for the trailer. I fear we lost Gardner due to boredom with the sport. My last conversation with him, some years ago, was about his triple t-55 boat, he built to try and set a speed record crossing the Atlantic. When asked of it's progress, he said, "The last time we took it out, it came back to dock on it's own power," and kind of laughed, but had a twinkle in his eye, while leaning against the ageing General. Other people's iron is their choice, watch 'em, pull against 'em, stay home, they don't care-----why this sport continues to have fans/participants that cheap shot one another, keeps us closer to being the Jerry Springer of sports, than a sport with a shot at legitimacy.

Re: Codys 8400 February 06, 2010 11:30AM
i was down at your place george alot of junk

Re: Codys 8400 February 06, 2010 02:04PM
One mans junk anothers treasure. I don't worry too much about people with no names, I have had a lot of fun over the last 37 years I have been going to pulls and the last 26 hooking to the sled. Have I always had the best, nowheres close, but I have always enjoyed myself. Sometimes just being able to compete is worth the time. As for my junk, I don't remember asking you to pay for any of it.

Re: Codys 8400 February 06, 2010 11:15PM
Great post George. I can't believe how vicsious and nasty some of these people on here are. Never ceases to amaze me. Lot of bitterness out there

Re: Codys 8400 February 07, 2010 10:36AM
he told me one time I have seven pull tractors went to his house and I was like wow not nothin and where is all those parts

Re: Codys 8400 February 07, 2010 01:39AM
Justjunky,if you dont have anything better than than that to add to this forum then why bother? If you visited my place you would call it junky but its my junk and I paid for it so its none of your concern.

Re: Codys 8400 February 05, 2010 03:12PM
Hey art finally got some progress done on the old 5020. Shoot me an email or call sometime I'll catch ya up!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason