Best Utility Tow vehicles February 04, 2010 03:33PM
Would like to buy a Utility tow vehicle. Geo Tracker is to long to get in trailer with 8,000# SS tractor. Which would be the best, Kubota 900 RTV or the Kaw. 4010 Mule or the John Deere XUV gator? Would the gasoline models have enough power?

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 04, 2010 04:13PM
we have an artic cat 650 prowler and it has plenty of power to pull a super farm.

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 04, 2010 05:50PM
We tugged an 8000# Super Stock around with a Polaris Sportsman 500 for quite a while. That was a little small for the job, but still got-r-done. Now it's in retirement tugging around 6000# Light Supers...haha

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 04, 2010 11:09PM
The Kubota 900 is the way to go! It will out pull anything else out there. I was at a pull where they had 3 prostocks hooked together with a Kubota 900 pull them all threw the pits. The factory cab on the RTV110 is nice also with heat and a/c. There newest model the RTV1140 is the 4 seater than can convert to a 2 seater, thats a sweet machine.

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 05, 2010 02:54AM
We have a RTV900, and it works awesome.....there are some gassers out there that do pretty well also, but the Kubota works about the best.....if youre looking for something smaller thats also road legal, a Suzuki Samurai works very well also, and doesn't take up hardly any more room than an RTV.....I have one for sale if youre intersted, and would cost less than half of a new utility vehicle or large 4-wheeler.....

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 05, 2010 03:15AM
What is your E-Mail or your cell number for the toll vehicle?

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 05, 2010 05:25AM
507-329-2503 - cell
cooltractorman@yahoo.com - email

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 05, 2010 05:42AM
The Kubota is nice but it is also very expensive. I have a polaris ranger hd and it will run circles around the orange machine. The nice thing is that the polaris will pull what ever you have with out switching ranges. I drove a Kubota on our farm and it was not very impressive couldnt go up a hill in high range had to switch back to M. Now the polaris you could stop on the hill keep it in high and would take off spining. Just my experiance with these machines. I also had a friend who bought the kubota had it a week drove my ranger and then traded it in. Go test drive them all before you buy.

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 05, 2010 06:31AM
Valley ATV Polairs Dealer

740-599-7977 ask for Doug Staats

he i will be able to answer any questions you have, they let you ride anything around their farm that you are interested in

Ryan

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 05, 2010 11:45PM
We have used my arctic cat prowler and burts kubota.They both work well on a 8500 super.Have seen about every UTV out there used,all seem to do a good job.Buy a UTV,not a ATV.

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 06, 2010 01:32AM
I have a Cub Cadet "Big Country" with a Kohler V-twin motor. Really like it. It will tow a 9300 super farm in high range or two super farms in low. Matt

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 06, 2010 03:44AM
Dale Balwantz had a cub cadet he pulled his 2wd with.
His "driver" was always a popular "attraction" !!!!Beer

Re: Best Utility Tow vehicles February 06, 2010 08:42AM
I was and maybe again a 2wd puller. I am a full time mechanic at a Kawasaki and Arctic Cat dealer.

The Kubota utv is a copy of the Kawasaki Mule chassis with a small Kubota tractor driveline in it. The hydostatic trans is probably the best for continued heavy pulling load. It has three speed ranges to select from. The trans set up makes it the best for towing use but it is not as conveniant for general use as other brands.

The Kawasaki Mule would be the second best for towing. It has a variable belt drive, So do all the other utv/rutvs. This drive doesn't have the power loss that the hydrostatic drive does but the belt could overheat under severe continued pulling. I have a gas mule on my farm and it can pull quite a bit. It is quicker and more manuverable than a Kubota and would be my pick for around a farm for fenching and general use. I wouldn't be worried about frying a belt unless you were towing at a slow speed, under 5 mph a long time. In low range a mule will spin the tires on dirt before the belt fries. But under about 3 mph the belt is slipping some before it fully engaged.

The John Deere has the same engines and type of driveline as the Kawasaki. Kawasaki gas engine or Dihautsu diesil. Varible belt drive. Lighter chassis.

A Kawasaki Teryx, Arctic Cat Prowler or Polaris Ranger could do the job on good ground but are lighter and geared taller for hunter/fisherman/sport light utility use.

So for towing a tractor the small tractor driveline of a Kubota would be best. If your going to use it around the farm too you may be happier with a Kawasaki Mule.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason