What do you pull February 05, 2010 10:12AM
I don't know about you but this might be the longest and muddest winter ever. Here in swmo it been preatty tough here on the farm cattle are standing knee deep in mud.Well i thought it would be neat see what everybody on pulloff pulls.

I have a light superfarm tractor. It is a 560 IH with a turbo gas motor with a down draft carb running 18.4 38. I have been pulling it for 8 years know. It started as a div. 5 tractor and i made the move to a turbo 3 years ago. Well there my story really interested to see what everybody pulls. Thanks you dick and jake for having suck a great website.

Re: What do you pull February 05, 2010 01:09PM
my family pulls a IH1066 it started as a farm stock and when the Profarms was just stating we decided to jump into the class. we Pull Profarm with Badger State and ISP. my grandpa started pulling in the 50 and thats is were this "hobby" started for the Koch Family

Re: What do you pull February 05, 2010 02:21PM
I pull a low buck mini-rod with the tri-co pullers in southern wi. Minie has a straight 6 OHC 230 pontiac in it, with the motor in the rear. even has a chain drive to make it work. Most all of our pulls are on weekends and within 2 hrs of home, so it works for me!! My Brothers also have 2 tractor that run in the club, one with a v-6 chevy and super H farmall tin on it in my class, and a blown small block for our open class.
Our dad, Clyde Butson, got us going on pulling, as he started in 1955. We pulled every tractor on the farm at one time or another. Then bought a 180 AC from Nobble Harrison in the winter of 1971, pulled that on the ntpa circut in 72. Won some pulls including FarmFest USA in Mankato MN. Paid $1,000 to win!!!! I also do some announcing for the Badger state pullers. It is a great sport-hobby.. Stacy Butson

Re: What do you pull February 05, 2010 05:46PM
I'm a low buck puller in Farm Stock (1175 Case) and I also pull 3 stock antiques, an IH 560W and 2 Case 900's. Most of the folks here are way out of my league, but I still like reading about all of it.

Re: What do you pull February 05, 2010 10:36PM
When i do pull i usually donate to the class with my 1066. That 4020 down the road likes to cheat but, he gets away with it!!

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 01:23AM
I Pull a JD 4020 Pro Farm class in Northesat Wisconsin. My late and great Dad Donny Kapinos started pulling in the mid 80's with our White 135 and then built a OPEN ANTIQUE Oliver 88 in early 2000. And pulled it untill his death last year. I started pulling when I was in 10th grade I took our MTA down to the county fair. After that I bought a Farmall M ran 3 different motors in it my last one was a 525 c.i. motor that we twisted at 3300rpms. Sold that 2 years ago then I bought my 4020. Has a 8.1 crank in it a 55 series head, 3 speed tranny and all the other good stuff. I pull with NEW MOTORSPORTS in the 10500 Limited Hot Farm Class and love it a lot. The guys in the class are really easy going and we have a lot of fun together. Is it May yet LETS GO PULLING!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Kapinos

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 01:11AM
I started pulling in NE Nebraska with a farm stock 1206 about 5 or 6 years ago. Started building a 3000 RPM 1206 about 1.5 years ago, hope to pull it this summer & retire the farm stock 1206.

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 01:29AM
I pull a 66 series IH called "Teacher's Pet" with anybody who has a class for me. Also am competing in the NQS series with three pro\super stock tractors and one 45 cid v-twin tractor. Can't imagine life without all the great people here in Wisconsin and around the country I meet in the last 30 years. Good luck to everybody no matter what level of pulling your in. Matt

Re: What do you pull February 09, 2010 10:32AM
I pull a tractor with the same name. I am canadian and pull my Teacher's Pet in the Super Farm category. Would love to have you and some others come to our events. We are located in New Brunswick Canada.

Re: What do you pull February 10, 2010 08:26AM
That's pretty neat. We pull super farm as well. I believe there was a tractor called "Teacher's Pet" from somewhere in Penn. some years after we named ours but not sure if he is still around. Would love to come to Canada for an event some time. How far from Wisconsin are we talking? Thanks, Matt.

Re: What do you pull February 11, 2010 12:21AM
Do you guys have a website with the schedule of the club you pull with?
I have plenty of family in New Brunswick...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: What do you pull May 06, 2010 10:18AM
www.mttpa.ca

Re: What do you pull May 06, 2010 10:06AM
i pull a 3000rpm 4440 quad range that still pulls the forage harvester

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 01:25AM
Great thread!

My cousin and I pull a D-21 in 10,000 hot farm. Mostly in NE Indiana and NW Ohio. We started out farm stock and have worked our way up to where we are today. We finally accomplished our goal of winning the points championship in 2009. That was pretty tough to do with an orange tractor competing against all those binders!

[www.youtube.com]

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 02:11AM
Not pulling anything right now. Like Stacy, I am second generation tractor pulling and second generation announcer. Dad has been pulling since the 70's and started with garden tractors. I got more involved when I was a teenager when he was pulling antiques. Which by the way was the most fun that I had while pulling. Did some farm stock and semi stuff with dad as well. I built a local 4x4 that I pulled for a very short period of time and right now I am accumulating parts to build an Outlaw tractor to run with IPA. Can't decide if it should be a 1950T Oliver or 6194 White I don't have the sheetmetal lined out yet.

Re: What do you pull February 10, 2010 01:21PM
Hey Carl, I think you should go for the oliver tin! gotta love the oldies!! Stacy

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 02:52AM
I got in to pulling after going to tech school with Dennis Frey (FVP). In 1992 I bought his dads WC. In 1993 I built a D17 Diesel NA. In 1995 I turbo the the D17 and bought a JD 4020 gas. I then sold the D17 and turn the JD into a diesel. Because the price of gas was so high and a bet I made with a friend( that I could not build the rod with a cast iron engine that weight less then 1300#) in 2008 I built a chevy 400 power mini rod which I run with Loyal mini rodders.

Crispin

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 03:01AM
My brother and I pull a SF MX220 called Disturbed anywhere our schedule allows.
My boss and another friend of ours pull a SF 3688 named Pig Pens Pet. I haul both them around Mi, Ind, and NW Oh wherever we can find pulls in the summer.
My wife pulls a farmstock 1066, it was her wedding present.
My father in law pull an Alky super named Desperado.
And it all began with my dad farmstock pulling in the 80's with a 1466.

Rob Trowbridge

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 07:57AM
Me and my son(12 at the time) built a stock cub cadet that we pulled with 2 local clubs here in NC. We did OK for our first year and never having pulled anything before. My dad helps me with the motor work and we homebuilt alot of parts on it to get it going. I have always loved pulling and actually the only pull we made last year was at a track that the state NTPA group used to pull at back in the early 80's when i was a kid. That made my night to remember those days we used to go there and watch the pre- rollcage and pre- BIG money parts tractors pull. My dad is itching to build and antique puller with an old AC WD we have. Maybe in a year or two we will....

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 11:30AM
I have been lucky since last year I have been pulling SuperFarm Blue Bye U Ford. I pulled with NTPA WTPA and Pullers Inc. The first hook I ever made on it was at Tohma guessed on all the setting and made it down the track. I started pulling in 96' on a Ford 6600 in 5500 non turbo around southeast WI I won every hook around here, then in 99' built a 7840 for that class now we had more power. I pulled that tractor for 9 year the last year it had 607 cubes and was still pretty much on top but not always wow how things changed in 12 years. But I have to thank a lot of people for the tracotr pulling experinces I have had my dad who got me started my cousin Nick who has been there through most of it Mark who gave me an opertunity for that I cannot thank him enough. I hope he does well in L'ville on Blue Bye U 2 Thank you Mark and Lyle. Ryan who calmed me down at Tomha as Nick and I finished building the tractor in the trailer. My wife and daughter for their support also Mike Matt and Bill I have had alot of fun pulling with them and Mike has been a lot of help Good luck to Teachers Pet in 2010

Thank you everyone

pig pen February 07, 2010 09:49AM
what can you tell me about the history of pig pens pet thanx

Re: pig pen February 07, 2010 12:48PM
What would you like to know? It's been known by several different names in the past. Just came home from taking it apart. Going to do alot of work to it this winter.

Re: What do you pull February 13, 2010 03:33PM
Yeah, I've seen the Disturbed tractor pull, not too impressed with it. You need to go up to the unlimited class if you ask me. I think you can inprove on what you've got, good start though! The 3688 seems to be doing well, hope it keeps getting better and better!

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 02:02PM
Have always pulled blue, started when I was 12 on a ford 5000, then moved to an 8600, which we made into an open tractor. When my dad passed away in 93, tractor was sold shortly after. I now have a 5 year old son and we went to a couple pulls, started to get the bug again. Then last summer a friend told me our old tractor was for sale on craigslist and I was able to buy it back. I could not believe how things have changed. I must have a folder 3 inches thick with info to get up to speed. Started to update the tractor (8600) planning on the new light pro class, on the last part seeking mission somehow I ended up with a light superstock motor from someone switching to smokeless. Now I find myself attempting to build 2 machines. Not sure which will get done first, but hope to have one ready by August. One will be the orginal 8600, not sure on the other maybe TW 30 sheetmetal or something new.

Re: What do you pull February 06, 2010 02:58PM
I'll let you guess what I pull, anyways my brother, my Dad, and myself pull a 3688 in the 10,500 and 11,500lb 3000rpm class with the Great Plains Tractor Pullers way up in the northwest corner of Iowa. We started pulling back in 2000 with our families 1256 that had been out of the family for 17 years which we were lucky enough to buy back in May of 2000. It now spends most of her days on the farm with a WL-42 westendorf loader on it. I then purchased a hi-crop 3688(boy was Dad proud when he found out I went behind his back and bought a tractor that looked like it had been pushed over a cliff, been in a shed fire, and buried in a creek bed, but he came around) from a salvage yard in Wall Lake Iowa. We pulled farm stock with it in 2004 and then we changed over to the 3000rpm class in 2005 which is where we are today. I also pull a 450 gas with the Otter Creek Antique Pullers Association in the 6500, 7500, and 8500lb stock class. I'm pretty proud of my 450 being the third generation owner operator. I found it on a consignment sale three miles from where I live, it had been out of the family for around 12 years and I was lucky enough to buy it back as well.

Re: What do you pull February 07, 2010 02:55AM
i got started on a ih-h,moved up to a mta,both in a stock class.the switched colors to oliver green.pulled a 88 in open rpm classes in wpa-eastern oh,switched colors again to case,1175 in western pa,at 3000 rpms,and open rpms in ohio.my son now pulls a stock block open rpm garden tractor,and wants a big one,i might add.i can say,with pride that ,tractor pullers are the most kind and helpful group of people i have ever ment.over the last 18 years i have beat cancer twice,and looks like ill be trying again this summer to,i have never seen so many people wanting to help,wether building hauling or throwing weights,everybody that is there is helping me,and for that all i can say is thank you.patches.

Re: What do you pull February 07, 2010 04:07AM
Me and my father Larry pull the Lil Green giant Deutz from southern WI.My grandfather stated it with pulling and building one of the first stone boats.My dad Larry has been at this for 49 years and myself 23 years.Larry has pulled anything from taking it off the spreader swithching it over to pull and come back home to haul @#$%& again to NTPA points champ in 76 and 77 in the light super stock class with a 460 IH.He's been to louisville,Indy and bowling Green.
Since 1980 together we have pulled with West central (now ISP)East central Missouri,East Central Iowa and Badger State.We ran a N.A. Deutz in the 80's along with the Light limited super we run now.Dad has built many along the was.A 3 charged light super for Koenecke which won WI points in 84 and 85 I think.Built a Ford and an Allis light limited also.Between the two of us we have over 20 points title.
Through pulling we have met some great friends esp.from Rock City,Belvidere, henry and the Sheffield IL area to the Marengo and Blairstown Iowa area to the great Horstmeir family from Missouri and of course WI.Thanks to you all for being great competitors of ours and being friends along the way.
Also through pulling has brought the tire curing and sales to our family which is known as Hawthorn Tire Curing.It's been great to deal with all of you around the U.S. and we thank you!
And to top it all off Pulling has been able to give back to our community.Through local sponsors and a huge fan base we run an event called the Green County Fall Nationls in Sept.I would have never thought pulling would come to this to raise the kind of money we do to give back to familys in need.I'm proud that a sport we love so much can give back.And thank you to our pulling freinds that come to support that.

Re: friends in Sheffield February 07, 2010 06:45AM
Mark making new friends was easy when pulling with friendly people see ya in louisville wed.

Re: friends in Henry February 07, 2010 09:58AM
See ya at the beer stand!

Re: What do you pull February 07, 2010 03:36AM
Got started pulling back in the late 70's on a little MT john deere that papaw bought new back in 49.pulled that in the 3500 class a few years then pulled a MD farmall then a MTA then a 560.Pulleg a 656 hydro in the farm stock a time or two and a 966.Pulled another 560 in a modified farm class.Built several tractors for other guys over the years everything from antiques to a 3 charger diesel superstock.Building a llss out of a 560 now.going to run 3088 sheet metal on it and hope to have it done by mid summer.Had a lot of fun over the years and met a lot of really nice people.

Re: What do you pull February 07, 2010 07:30AM
This is our 160 White . We pull farm stock 10,000 and up

Re: What do you pull February 08, 2010 01:10AM
My son jason mccoy and my self pull a 285 white in the mstpa 6200 pro stock class and the 6000 super class my self started pulling in1971 my son started in1993 have had good years and bad

Re: What do you pull February 08, 2010 06:00AM
As you may guess I pull a 1466 IH in anywhere form 9,500 turbo to 13,000 farm stock. I have pulled many other things including a 1456 a 5488 a 806 a turboed 806 and i have even pulled a few green ones but i will not openly admit to that. I have even pulled my F350 truck (not one of the smarter things i have done) now the only pulling my truck does is pull the tractor to the pull and back home. In the last two years i have introduced two other people into the sport of pulling and with a little luck by may we will have a third tractor. I have found that it doesnt matter what you pull or where your at you can always meet new people and make new friends, thats what makes pulling fun. Good luck to everybody hopefully we meet at the track....

Re: What do you pull February 08, 2010 02:31PM
I pull a 4430 Deere in the 12,000 to 16,500 Farm Stock classes , I started pulling in 2004 after i got divorced , My dad started pulling back in the 60s with a 430 JD & ran the sled here in our area for the local Lions Club that I now Promote the pulls for also. I'm currently building my 8 yr old son a 1650 Oliver with a Turboed 310 Wak with the over/under that his Grand Daddy farmed with before he past away in 2005 with cancer . I have a 5010 deere for a project also , who know how long that will take , that i wana put a 619 in ..
I love going to the pulls and hearing all the GOOD STORIES , & just standing around and talking with everyone , its some of the best times I have . I take my son every chance i get , its My time with my son & Dad , so thats just GREAT for us to be together ..

Re: What do you pull February 09, 2010 05:47AM
I started pulling in the early 90's with a 450 IH in the open antique classes, the next year built an M for my dad which we both ended up running, then moved on to a 650 IH, while my dad switched to Oliver, first a 77, then an 88, and at last an 88 standard, and finally back to a 560 IH, all Div. 5 Antiques.....while I switched to a 40 Cockshutt, and then to a Super 95 Massey Div. 5....we then sold both of our tractors in '04 and pulled open farm for one year with an IH 1066. At last we built a Superfarm 1066 IH that I have ran for the past 4 years.....have had lots of fun at all levels, and wouldn't give up any of the good friends and pullin' memories made......

Re: What do you pull February 10, 2010 10:58AM
first tractor i ever pulled was a mm670 when i was 14. when i turned 16 i pulled a 1256 in farm, then got a 1466 which i still pull in scwtp.

Re: What do you pull February 11, 2010 02:23AM
We have been pulling Cockshutt's since the mid 60's. My father, Harold Rydahl started pulling a Cockshutt 40 on the cement back in the 60's and by the late 60's/early 70's went to more dirt pulling. He advanced the Cockshutt 40 through the years pulling in Michigan and Canada as well as the NTPA. The Tractor was known as the Chicken Coop Special and was pulled in the 5,000 Super Stock class until the mid 80's. My Brother's and I also built a CO-OP E5 (Chicken Coop Special 2) in the mid 70's and both tractors eventually ran 2 turbos on alcohol with our own fuel system, utilizing 8-12 snowmobile carbs, before retiring both tractors in the mid 80's. We have recently built a Cockshutt 570 LLSS tractor and run it with the MTTP pullers in Michigan. We are also resurrecting Dads original Cockshutt 40 and plan on pulling it in the LLSS class soon.

Re: What do you pull February 14, 2010 04:18PM
I first started in a bit different pulling, three-wheeler pulling in the mid 80's at a few county fairs and the NE state fair, just about the end of the threewheeler era. Then after about a 5 year break, I pulled dad's '38 JD G at one local antique event, I don't tell many about this. A few years later I started some farm pulling, the first pull with myIH 5488, which I still have, and got 1st place in the 18,500lb. class. A few years with the 5488, then went a few more with my 1256, still have it too, then switched to hot farm in '97 or '98 with a IH 1066 that I still pull today in Super Farm for about 8 years. I have met many good people and friends and families through all of this. I will be pulling for hopefully many more years with my son Esdon (wonder were that name come from?) Thanks to everyone who has helped me in one form or another. Darin

Re: What do you pull February 15, 2010 10:31AM
i had always dreamed of having a pulling tractor. My dad and I started working on one about 4 years ago, a 1466 and 706 put together. just took our time asking millions of questions and trying different things. last year it finally left the shop and onto the track it went. had some bumps along the way, for instance blowing the head gasket(because we didn't fire ring it..now we know! lol). got it going for first sanctioned pull a week later. made it thru 12 hooks during the summer, played with the timing, it went on a big big diet. learned by watching others on the track, how to compensate for having a smaller motor and was turning in respectable runs by the end of the year. went in the shop when harvest came and when we had chances we torn it all back down..and its still that way lol! made some changes and hopefully we will have another good summer with it. it amazes me how much the "old man" knows!

Re: What do you pull May 06, 2010 12:13PM
I pull a deere 4440 farm stock

Re: What do you pull May 06, 2010 12:44PM
i pull a massey ferguson 399 with a bosch A-pump and h2e holset charger

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009