wilson's little american mod February 07, 2010 08:01AM
where did the motor that was used in this tractor go? by noticing a old pic of it ,this looks to be a ford 427 sohc.the way car collectors have driven the prices up,this motor should be worth a small fortune.to the right collector,this could be the most valuable,automotive based engine ever used in pulling?

Re: wilson's little american mod February 07, 2010 10:36PM
Could you post that picture? would love to see it,I remember seeing that tractor pull many years ago, and boy ,did it run!!!

Re: wilson's little american mod February 08, 2010 03:25AM
Wilsons old Little American tractor chassis is still alive. I'm not sure about what happened to the engine. The chassis is still run in our group Indiana Modified Tractor Pullers Association (www.imtpa.com) by Jim Lowry. It use to be called "Just Havin Fun". Jim repainted and repowered it last season and is giving it a new name. It currently is powered by a BBC, even though Jim ran a BBF in it for many years.

Re: wilson's little american mod February 08, 2010 09:14AM
My dad had bought a used 427 sohc out of the news paper back in the 60's and then went to holman moody and bought a brand new one in the crate for $950.00 they had dual fours for $1150.00. He said the building was stacked full. He sold both of them in the late 80's and got what was big money for the time but a drop in the bucket now.

Re: wilson's little american mod February 08, 2010 10:36AM
Here's a link to photos of the chassis.
Indiana Mods

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,802, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,958.

Our newest member CBeard