double cut vs single cut February 09, 2010 04:44AM
Looking for honest intelligent opinion,which cut requires more hp on the heavy end? Will a cut tire spin easy or bite harder on a good track?

Re: double cut vs single cut February 09, 2010 06:45AM
No intelligent answer here, but, the winners at Louisville in PS and most likely DSS will have their single cuts on.
SF can run bald tires backwards and it will not matter.

Re: double cut vs single cut February 09, 2010 07:01AM
Louisville hasn't allowe single cuts to run in years!Before when they could,yes they do work better but that is on a indoor track where you need to shift in low and get going fast.As far as super farm?Anyone that turns them backwards will not go no where!Maybe you need to watcha little closer!

Re: double cut vs single cut February 09, 2010 11:11AM
Some superfarms have tried them backwards? Whatever it takes to go farther. I think it would look silly

Re: double cut vs single cut February 09, 2010 12:21PM
It was a J O K E .
Poking fun at the SF and their lack of power.
The KING says they have no entertainment value, and I couldn't agree more. On the track anyway. Here, on the message boards, they are WAY fun, because they are so gullible and get upset Soooooooooooo easy.

Re: double cut vs single cut February 10, 2010 05:11AM
And what exactly do you pull, watcher?

Re: double cut vs single cut February 10, 2010 05:27AM
We have run the single cut and the double cut tires.... the single cuts have WAY more traction, and take more h.p. to turn them. We had to drop a gear. We love them.

Re: double cut vs single cut February 10, 2010 06:38AM
Thanks finally a response that wasn t bulls--t .I run a hot farm with top cuts and I am getting a little more bite than I want on the heavy end causing my crower to drop out a little quicker than I want .Thanks for your reply

Re: double cut vs single cut February 10, 2010 07:35AM
Our double cut tires were a lot lighter than our single cuts. So when we went back to the single cuts, we lost some moveable weight.

Re: double cut vs single cut February 10, 2010 01:27PM
I agree with "tried them both": We also have tried them both. The double cuts are definitely easier to spin. We took ours off and went back to singles. It takes a sh#t load more shetland ponies to turn singles and you'll probably have to drop a gear..........BUT......the increased traction will probably make up for the decreased tire speed and your actual ground speed may increase because of the increased traction. IMHO; double cuts should be considered for underhorsed overgeared tractors where you don't want to spend the moolah to install custom gears. What works good for one tractor probably won't work worth a damn for it's identical twin. Our tractor just so happens to love the singles.

Re: double cut vs single cut February 11, 2010 05:41AM
I'm currently running a set of double cut 24.5 "Pullers" on a 5,800 lb. single engine modified. I too have learned of the advantages and disadvantages of double cuts. They really shine on hard tracks. I like the fact that on a good track they put virtually no dirt in front of the sled, but they do bite good. I've also found they've freed up some horsepower and I can run a lot faster gear. Now for the down side. They don't do a good job on what I refer to as "junk tracks", and I've run into quite a few of them. I have gotten them to hook a little better on the less than desirable tracks, but you have to let a lot of air out of them. My feeling is that if you're going to be running on really decent clay tracks most of the season, then the double cuts with a cleat about 3/8" to 7/16" tall are the way to go. If the tracks are sandy or loamy, then you'd better stay with the single cuts with at least a 5/8" tall cleat. Mainly it just depends on the tracks. Judge accordingly!!!!! I wish I had my other set of ag. 24.5's single cut and could change tires for different tracks. Like everyone else says, "just my two cents worth".

Re: double cut vs single cut February 11, 2010 06:39AM
We had a set of single that seemed to work decent on most tracks that we pulled on. They were very forgiving if we missed the tired pressure or weight, or something like that. We now have a set of puller 2000's. On the right track they are awesome. On a track with little or no bite we seem to have trouble getting hooked up. They are either hero or zero tires. I think the singles worked better on a wider variety of tracks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,693, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520