Engines vs Motors February 09, 2010 06:35AM
Just a quick point of interest guys.

MOTORS run off of electricity.

Most tractors have an internal combustion ENGINE that operates via various types of fuel.

Re: Engines vs Motors February 09, 2010 06:43AM
Motors is easier and funner to say.
I bet it bothers you when someone types WITH THE CAP LOCK ON too ,,, ?????
The Limey's call them MOTOR cars. (remember Jackie Stewart commentating on MOTOR car racing??), and you KNOW anyone that drinks tea with their pinky sticking up doesn't do or say ANYTHING incorrectly. (said while looking down my nose at you).
Why not work on helping feed the people in Hatti and leave us unwashed heathens alone?

Re: Engines vs Motors February 09, 2010 07:56AM
The guy (Nicolaus OttO) who invented it in 1876 at the "Gas Motoren Fabrik Deutz" also called it a "Motor"...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Engines vs Motors February 09, 2010 01:31PM
Hey Hick Town: It's a bad thing that happened in Haiti...........but............it's about time we start worrying about us (U.S.) We can't keep running all over the world being everyone's saviour. We've got plenty of hungry people here in the states. Why don't YOU worry about feeding THEM???? You LIBS think we owe the world. WE DON'T OWE THE WORLD ANYTHING. MOST OF THE WORLD OWES US. If you don't believe me, take a stroll thru the Arlington Cemetary sometime. I'm willing to bet my LAST DOLLAR that IF we have a disaster similar to that in the U.S.; WE will be on our own. I didn't see any , or hear of any support , from ANYONE, to amount to a HILL OF S&%T to help us (U.S.) out after 911, Hurricane Katrina, any of the dozens of hurricanes in Florida, the wildfires in California, the devastating flooding along the Mississippi, the blizzards on the east coast and in the midwest, the great fire of Chicago, the great earthquake of San Francisco, the earthquake and cataclysmic explosion of Mt St Helens in Washington, the financial collapse of Wall Street, etc. etc. etc., or the Obama election. GET REAL.

Re: Engines vs Motors February 10, 2010 03:15AM
There was PLENTY of help sent after Kathrina...
Most of all was refused at first though and only after weeks of paper work, help was accepted.

I remember this story about the cargo plane with food and meds sent to New Orleans by the German governement right after they got the news.
Plane was not even allowed to land on US terretory and had to return (and stop somewhere outside of the US to get fuel for the way home) because they were scared it could contain food not being according to the US standards...

Some links for you, to clear up your view:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1700331,00.html
http://atlanticreview.org/archives/391-Germanys-Fast-Aid-after-Katrina-and-Role-Reversal.html
http://atlanticreview.org/archives/134-German-relief-experts-at-work-in-New-Orleans.html
http://www.thw-hannover.de/images/pages/new_orleans_nach_katrina.jpg

9/11 - Germany sent 3000 troops and material to Afghanistan to help you get the Taliban out, destroy terrorist camps, find Osama and rebuild that country. Going to send 1500 more now and still don't know when the boys can come back home.

As far as it concerns "your wall street desaster" - by having no control about the financial market at all and giving way less restrictions to the banks than elsewhere, the US (along with your british buddies) became the magnet for free capital from all over the world just to spend it on people who couldn't afford it to keep your national economy going and then blow it all up in a huge bubble and for all who joined in and believed your "rating agencies" to suffer from it.
Quite an homemade problem....

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 03:46AM by Sascha.

Re: Engines vs Motors February 17, 2010 12:28PM
Sasha;

Thanks for setting the record straight. Rest assured the LIBERAL mainstream media (CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, ETC.) over here did NOT report on that. AND, you are correct about the buerocratic BS about NOT allowing relief supplies not being allowed to be delivered. THAT EXACT same thing happened right here. Supplies and essentials like water and food, were stopped at the state lines and turned away. You are also correct about the Wallstreet disaster. The problem is; they JUST DON'T SEEM TO GET IT YET. They (bank execs, auto execs, freddy mac/fanny mae, etc.) are STILL rewarding each other for FAILURE.

The world is controlled by IDIOTS...........the sad part is, the majority voted them in. What does that say about the majority? The majority are dumber than idiots???

Re: Engines vs Motors February 17, 2010 05:20PM
The majority just votes what they think brings the most money into their pockets and then a bunch of votes are done because of "feeling sorry for....".

Re: Engines vs Motors February 09, 2010 08:38AM
Motor: is a device that creates motion, an engine; it usually refers to either an electrical motor or an internal combustion engine. Right from the dictionary

Re: Engines vs Motors February 09, 2010 09:45AM
What about the outboard motor on your boat? Is that electric?

Re: Engines vs Motors February 09, 2010 10:37AM
I thought engines were those who lived in America b4 the settlers
and moter was what what one gal does to another when theys slappin each other. "Daisy moter on the cheek"

Re: Engines vs Motors February 09, 2010 11:58AM
i have used both terms my times ,even in the same sentence.i got out my old mit manuals on theory and design of the internal combustion engine,and i cannot find the word motor in any of them.i was expecting to though??

Re: Engines vs Motors February 09, 2010 02:11PM
Ford MOTOR Company, General MOTORS (Now Government MOTORS).....

Re: Engines vs Motors February 10, 2010 09:36PM
Hicktown: What about the term "motor mouth"? Does that term ring a bell? It's a duty incumbent upon the strong to care for the weak and those in need. Don't let your narrow views and lack of intimate knowledge on a subject allow your motor to start running your mouth until you engage your brain. Just a point of interest.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,734, Posts: 229,867, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM