How to build framerails on an IH? February 11, 2010 09:14PM
I'm looking for info or ideas on how to build some new longer framerails for a 1066 that runs anywhere from 9500lbs to 12000lbs. There is a local fabricator that says he has formed them up before for others. He said he can bend 1/4" up to 10' long. What have others used, is 1/4" enough? What is used on the back of them where it mounts to the transmission, just copy the plates off stock rails, how thick should they be? Thanks for any feedback.

Re: How to build framerails on an IH? February 15, 2010 12:03PM
Anyone?

Re: How to build framerails on an IH? February 15, 2010 12:18PM
Look up Haslag steel, they have premade frames. Phone # 636 239 6813 and ask for Dennis Spaunhorst. Google Haslagsteel

Re: How to build framerails on an IH? February 15, 2010 01:47PM
I also sell rails ready to bolt on Keith Backer 402/750-8652

Re: How to build framerails on an IH? February 15, 2010 06:37PM
we made ours out of 3/8 which is what stock ones are, but the guy that bent mine said he won't bend any that thick anymore, really hard to bend that thick without cracking. I know alot of guys are using 3/16 then they run a 3/16 strip inside the frame rails from the motor mount holes to the frount edge of the frame to help beef it up a little and haven't had any trouble with them. we just copied the mounts off the stock rails and welded them to new rails made them 3/4 ". we also welded a 1/2 plate at the far end then about 2 ' back towards the motor we welded another 3/8 plate verticle to help beef up frount end, think especially needed if lifting from frount end like at indoor pulls and if going to hand 7-800 lbs oout frount. if weld frount together you have to notch out top edge about 2" back from frount motor mount so can slide rails forward and drop them down to get motor out of frame, or else cut off stock frount nounts flush w/ top lip and put spacers in the inside to make up the differance then. hope I didn't lose you. any questions ask. I also have a set of rails bent laying here these are 3/8 no holes drilled yet or mounts welded to back yet. like 500 for them. but yes I think 1/4 would be thick enough if maybe braced the inside a little to just be safe..

Re: How to build framerails on an IH? February 16, 2010 01:34PM
I have a set of wedge style frame rails already made. Made by Wipeout Enterprises. Have the mounts to go on stock location on them already. Call me if you are interested. Located in ohio. 419-303-8570

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,844, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,971.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro