Re: 466 MEETING February 12, 2010 08:03AM
Anyone ask promoters about more classes or what rules they want?All you guys want 466 what about Kamps,Kaiser,Speace,the massey from Richland center, and Steffens all over 466 (stock). Make another class? Davis 466 stock with P pump, There is enough classes run same rules as some one else and run with them. Bob read SCs turbo rule 2.6 and can sleve down, so run a 3x3 or 3x4 and sleve down(they get expensive).In short build your tractor for a exsisting class dont start a nother. And whats up with 85-9500 noturbo cant run gas i cant pull a 706.806,1100 massey, 4010 start another class? We nave guys pulling with big cubes, 466 blocks,800blocks, but you cant pull a 4010 stock block

Re: 466 MEETING February 12, 2010 09:54AM
just wondering who can come to meeting you are having. can a puller from another state come to the meeting and put in their 2 cent, or is it only for the wis. guys. i have been to some pulls over there in wis. and seen it when people from another state (not mentioning the state) has won a class or 2 and they find a way to disqualify them. what is the deal with that. it seems that the rules keep changing through out the year and no one knows what is going on except the pullers from wis. it seems that the wis. pullers want to pull with themselves, how much fun is that. it seems to me also like some one earlier wrote, that there is those few pullers that make it miserable for all the pullers in wis.. maybe someone needs to speek up to them and put them in their place for once. do you think they would like being treated like they treat out of state pullers? NO. yes there are pullers that try to get by with doing illegal things but not every one, and you kind of know who they are and you should be able to take care of the problem before they even pull, that way there is not a seen on the track or in the pit area, and if there is then you ask them to leave the grounds and they are not allowed to pull.

Re: 466 MEETING February 12, 2010 01:46PM
Yes, meeting is open to any puller interested in this class no matter what state.

Re: 466 MEETING February 12, 2010 07:04PM
i know bob page im not related at all or justin

Re: 466 MEETING February 13, 2010 01:06AM
Back to what mark had to say -it is just a proposal now and if enough guys want to do this then we will go to the promoters and work something out. And as far as all of them other tractors with bigger cubes the Too Hot To Farm class will still be there. Nobody ever said a word about getting rid of that class.

Re: 466 MEETING February 13, 2010 01:34AM
Hey Mark -kaiser with his massey -he only pulls farm stock so this wont effect him anyway. And JD 30 series tractors were the last tractor with an 8 speed syncro (with the exception of a mexican 4455 which is a flipping awesome tractor!!!!!) so is the 4840 really stock???? No it is a 4630 with 466 and 4840 stickers and p-pump and the 6030 dont run stock cubes and steffens IH 66 series is not over 466 stock from the factory! But I know all of this and I dont really care cause I like everyone of them guys and if our new class actually makes a go of it -then if they want to pull with us then build accordingly and if not -well then there is still an existing class for them!! Our group went to a lot of pulls this year and at the drivers meetings we were told to MAKE UP YOUR OWN RULES we are doing exactly what we were TOLD TO DO. Thanks, John... Hope to see you at the meeting tonight!!

Re: 466 MEETING February 13, 2010 01:48AM
The whole point here is nobody runs STOCK except maybe a few tractors in the farm class and it is a good thing cause what fun would that be And it would be a very boring show that no one would even pay to see...

Re: 466 MEETING February 14, 2010 01:38AM
I was talking about the Steffens with the 1155 MF. But how did it go at the meeting?

Re: 466 MEETING February 14, 2010 01:56AM
Oh i miss understood you! Anyway it went fine. Got a handful of people that want to run the class.

Re: 466 MEETING February 14, 2010 03:15AM
What kind of rules

Re: 466 MEETING February 14, 2010 03:47AM
466ci in any tractor, 3000rpms, 10mm A-pump, 3LM 466 box charger, 20.8-38 or 18.4-42, no speed limit. Its pretty basic but we need to talk to promoters before final decisions are made

Re: 466 MEETING February 14, 2010 05:14AM
HOow do you make sure that they are only running a 10mm A-pump?

Re: 466 MEETING February 14, 2010 04:07PM
You put in the clause like south central. If a puller questions another pullers setup he risks the chance of loosing whatever the cost is to get it checked but if the other puller is illegal then its his cost and you kick him out for a year or more.

Re: 466 MEETING February 15, 2010 10:57AM
Then can you run a m-100 13mm or 15mm?

Re: 466 MEETING February 15, 2010 12:46PM
so now your going to start tearing peoples a-pumps apart. it really doesn't make any sence. there is already 2 a-pump classes in the area what is wrong with them they are already established and running and your only rule differnce is the turbo rule thats one of the reasons Mannings class never really took off you guys want an out of the box turbo rule because you already own that turbo what about everybody else. Word to the wise if you go out tractor pulling thinking your going to win every week your wrong and some crazy turbo rule isn't going to change that.

Re: 466 MEETING February 15, 2010 02:27PM
2.6 chargers arent cheap and arent for farming

Re: 466 MEETING February 15, 2010 04:05PM
If you paid attn the meeting I had instead of running your mouth mc4430 you would know that I was not for that little charger rule because that meant I put my bigger charger back on the shelf! and as far as the class not taking off we have had around ten tractors at almost every pull I would say that isnt too bad for first year! You like to spout your mouth off about things you don't even know. The charger rule was one that a local performance shop recommended but I am sure he isnt as smart as your are. You want to say that the 2hot didn't take off I laugh at that almost every pull that we had up here had at least ten tractors and they were all competetive.

Re: 466 MEETING February 15, 2010 11:43PM
I think the 2hot class could die this year. To much fighting and pretty much limited to Richland and Grant county areas. I think saying that there was 10 tractors at every pull is a bit misleading, I would say more like 4 or 5 on average.

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 12:14AM
All the 2hot class is a class that Manning made for himself. His 966 is not a farm class tractor and he doesn't want to step up and play with his buddy Kleppe. It seems like all those Richland county boys can only get along if they don't pull against each other. So they just try to make a class for each one of their tractors. So I suggest that at each pull they run regular classes that most guys can fit in, then add 3 special classes that would be : class 1 anybody can pull,but Keller gets 1st, class2 anybody can pull,but Manning gets 1st, class 3 anybody can pull,but Kleppe gets 1st. All pulling problems solved for today.

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 02:37AM
Wow sounds like somebody doesn't like Richland County!!! This year you better make TWO special classes for Keller and Manning because now they have two tractors. Thats when you know you are doing good when people are talking and bitching about them!!! Way to boost there oversized ego moron!

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 03:38PM
I want to set the record straight that at boaz the money from the pull was just distrubuted through the board this week no money was kept by myself infact I paid for the sled rental out of my pocked from the first pull. I do like the chopper class idea! Thanks to my friends that stick up for us on here. Get the facts straight before you go bad mouthing guys that are trying to get the local pulls back going for the local farmers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2010 04:04PM by Justin Manning.

Re: 466 MEETING February 17, 2010 12:16AM
Hey Justin bring that chopper and those Kubotas up to Retreat this year. I'll get your number and see if we can get together in the next week and see what you are thinking for the summer.
For all you "it's just a little Ford guys" does the name Duane Keen mean anything to you? Those little fords have a lot of room to work on. Some of us would like to see some of these farm classes stay farm. It would be nice to see this 466 2hot2 farm or what ever class get going, but be able to keep it safe and affordable to pull in.
The last time I pulled at very many local pulls until last summer was 1992, 17 years of not many local pulls to go to.It is nice to see them get going again but I can see that it might not be long until we could be in another 17 year drought. All those names in that one post were names of 17 years ago,ask anyone of them what happen to the local pulls in SW WI. If we would of had the internet back then think of the fights that would have been started. We just had it out at the drivers meetings back then. I remember some good ones.

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 02:40AM
You know if people wanted to voice there opinions about what we are trying to do they should have come to the meeting. This class is not just for southern wisconsin guys. We had guys from iowa and illinois there that are interested in building for this to. So if people from them states see this taking off we could could have a good number of tractors and maybe get a couple pulls out of state to. My name is Chadd Yager so if you want to complain here is my number 16083418413. call me and if you dont, well are tired of everybody putting us down cause we are trying to make things fare for the real farm tractors coming to the pulls. That is why to hot to farm got started. Or did we all forget that.

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 03:10AM
Well im from dickeyville and I pull cuba city, darlington, bloomington, lancaster, potosi, mineral point, platteville and a few Iron Anchor pulls in the area and guess what there Mr. MC4430.... There are NO organized a-pump classes here anymore like there used to be before they went to p-pumps. And I am unable to travel much further then that due to the whole dairy herd thing... and Im sorry that you are offended by us guys doing our own thing and not asking your permission first! And the whole 3LM thing, yeah a lot of guys have them, and if we go bigger then everything else on the tractor has to go bigger and maybe not everyone doing this -has a money tree in their backyard, didja ever think of that being the reason?????

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 06:23AM
i wasn't trying to offend anybody or hurt any ones feelings if you want a turbo rule then put a size limit on it thats all im saying. and for you to hot guys from last year how many of you really had the out of the box charger that was required for the class. Thats what i thougt. And as for there being no a pump classes in the area Dale and Mark both have a general 466 A-pump class and As of last year most of the pulls you listed that u pull at had the more organized South Central Hot farm class. And if you think i don't know what im talking about i used to pull with all you guys in farm class and even made a few pulls last year and attened both of mannings meetings last year.

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 09:26AM
All you guys are bickering too much, I got to pull at a few of the 2hot pulls and thought everyone was pretty competitive and will gladly do it again.I also have a few more guys that will fit in to Mannings class that would gladly come. When my tractor was put together the size or type of turbo didn't matter just the intake and exhaust size and safety eqiupment And yes the 2 hot class was so we didn't beat up on the farm tractors cause that isn't fun cause I like to pull my farm tractors as well.As for the whining about justin and them winning all the time, match em or beat em thats what pulling is all about!!!!

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 10:28AM
the only thing that makes me mad is they started the club a yr too late. got rid of my rotary too soon. o well.

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 12:34PM
Yeah I knew who you were all along MC and I dont understand where you are comming from... What existing 466 class are you talking about with Dale? He was at the meeting and told us what we need to do to get this 466 thing going. Too hot to farm is open cubes, And me and at least 8 or 10 guys that I know of for sure had the proper charger last year.

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 01:20PM
can you run a rotary pump? and if so what size, and turbo limit for a rotary pump tractor?

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 01:37PM
the class i am refering to is the class called 466 Apump that jamie bevens(sorry about the spelling) won in platteville. Im not saying its not a good idea im just trying to give an unbyast opinion from sombody whos not going to be in the class. I know alot of guys who have been tractor pulling since we all were in diapers and most of them had the same opinion as me. If you want a charger the size of the 3lm466 the great but measure it and make the turbo rule a size rule instead of a specific turbo rule. a specific turbo rule is a bias rule and will keep alot of potential people who have already built a tractor that may fit all ur rules but turbo out. As for the pump rule i had my boss talk to sombody who's been bulilding pumps proffesional his entire life and according to him a 10mm a pump will barely keep up to a 13mm Model 100 so that means if one of them red tractors decides he isnt go to lose any more and gets a 15mm model 100 that pretty much screws any body with an a pump. So i would probably get a rule wrote for the guys running model 100 pumps if they are going to limit apumps to 10mm. Im done with this subject now i gave my non bias opinion witch is what u said u wanted and everybody go all defensive over it so good luck and have fun this year,.

Re: 466 MEETING February 16, 2010 06:22PM
We plan on having fun! You need to find a different pump builder if they can't get as much from an A pump as a 13mm 100.

Re: 466 MEETING February 17, 2010 12:06PM
just wanted to clearify if you read my post carefully i said a 10mm apump. YOU can push 800cc out of 13mm apump and ive heard rumors of people experimenting with 14mm plunjers in an apump but nothing for sure.

Re: 466 MEETING February 17, 2010 01:32PM
Didnt you read earlier about the 15? lol its already been done. And he was talking about a A pump not a 100. Funny he hasnt perked up again!

Re: 466 MEETING February 18, 2010 12:06AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2010 12:18AM by essercrop.

Re: 466 MEETING February 17, 2010 02:56AM
-10mm inline A pump max.
-Simms 11.5mm max.
-Ambac 100 rotary 13mm max. or 15mm with 13mm head max.
-Roosamaster .450 head max.

-1 3LM 466 completely unaltered box charger or any other stock charger of the same size inlet and outlet or smaller.
-3000rpm max.
-466ci. max.

-Dale dont have a 466 class, they let J. Bevans pull platteville in 09' for giggles and he had nobody else to hook with anyway. He was at the meeting and showed interest in the class with hopes of getting the tractor out again after sitting for a few years after everyone went to a p-pump. Put the proper charger on and that tractor is ready to roar.

Re: 466 MEETING February 17, 2010 03:06AM
We have a set of rules on paper, they cover pretty much everything we need. Anyone who needs them just call 608-732-2299

Re: 466 MEETING February 17, 2010 06:53AM
what do you mean by a 15mm with a 13mm head isn't that the same as a 13mm. How are you going to police the pump rule?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,734, Posts: 229,867, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM