Massey red , with a massey mortor February 13, 2010 01:42PM
Its a great day for a Massey fan with the Cope win. Thats what I like Massey Red Sheet metal with a Massey motor (Perkins), no red block or green block in that tractor. Take that NTPA, thats they way we like it. Don't tell me fans don't know the difference. Spank em again tonight Warpath

Re: Massey red , with a massey mortor February 14, 2010 01:00AM
Exactly Just think of how less exciting that would have been if it had a Hyper Block in it. Winking

Re: Massey red , with a massey mortor February 14, 2010 01:25AM
Nice job putting the Ski Whiz in the sand congradulations.

Re: Massey red , with a massey mortor February 14, 2010 02:18AM
Those are JD fenders on that Massey Red with a Massey Motor but as many time as it's blew up Mortor would fit it a lot better ! LMAO !

Re: Massey red , with a massey mortor February 14, 2010 06:06AM
hats off to cope he is the reason tractor pulling is exciting all the hard work he has done to get the warpath to run as hard as it does only a few non jd and ih tractors in the field in pros and supers and 3 made it to the finals and 2 in the top 3 has a lot to say about the unique engine builders that they are

Re: Massey red , with a massey mortor February 14, 2010 02:28PM
It is quite refreshing to see someone who has put that much effort into something have it perform so well. I have watched this tractor at BG and see it continue to get stronger every year. Having a different color (of red) finish high in the class is nice. It has an awesome sound as well!!

Re: Massey red , with a massey mortor February 14, 2010 03:58PM
I am not much of a MF fan but this is really cool. Great job!!!!!!!!!

Re: Massey red , with a massey mortor February 15, 2010 06:16AM
Carlton’s runs were very impressive. I loved hearing that big V-8 screaming down the track.

As for the motor and sheetmetal rule… well I couldn’t seem to find anyone who was really in favor of it. Most (all) pullers I talked with about it thought it was a joke of a rule.

Thanks again to guys like Carlton for thinking outside the box and taking the time and the money to make that big Perkins sing.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Massey red , with a massey mortor February 17, 2010 04:53AM
Jake, your post pretty well says it all, DITTO!

Re: Massey red , with a massey mortor February 17, 2010 06:31AM
Jake,

You make it sound like its almost impossible to build a V8 perkins that will actually run.

Know for a fact that it is possible to get it to work. But yes it is definitely easier to drive John Deere or IH, where you can just buy all the parts ready to pull. V8 Perkins is different- here you have to be making all the parts yourself.
So of course it can be a challenge to get it to win, but I take my hat off to those who have tried and got it to succeed.

And in my opinion, that is what makes tractorpulling fun. To build a tractor and see what you have build an designet really works.

Re: Massey Red, with a Perkins Engine February 17, 2010 06:56AM
It’s always interesting reading how different people can interpret a simple compliment. I just reread my post and I could not find anything that implied that a Perkins can’t run, sorry if I came across that way, but that’s not what I meant (or wrote). Rather I was simply congratulating Carlton for making a Massey run like he has. I never meant or said it was impossible, just that right now nobody has a stronger diesel Massey (anywhere) than Carlton Cope. Just a simple compliment, sorry if it came across in any other way.

All I was implying was that I appreciate people who think outside the box and spend time and money to develop something different. I think this new NTPA rule discourages people from trying different things and makes it much, much easier to just pick up the phone and order Deere and IH parts and throw whatever hood on you want.

I appreciate Cope, Batliner’s, Hull’s, Herlevi’s, Shramek's and anyone else who has taken the time to develop the true non-red/green brands. My hat’s off to all of them.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 06:57AM by Jake Morgan.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009