MoodyMy Opinion- Honesty in the NTPA engine/sheet metal ruleConfused February 16, 2010 01:14AM
Now that the NTPA has decided to go down the “any sheet metal, any engine road” I think that in order to be honest with the fans [whom the NTPA believes don’t care] that the tractor needs and should be registered with the brand of motor that the puller is using, not the sheet metal that is being pushed down the track. If a puller decides to run a John Deere engine with Oliver sheet metal, then the tractor should be registered and announced to the fans that it’s a John Deere.

No folks you’re not seeing an Oliver run down the track, it’s really a John Deere. The sheet metal does not propel the tractor the engine does. Let’s do the right and honest thing and register and announce the brand of engine in the tractor, not the sheet metal.

On a side note, at Louisville after asking several pullers what they thought of the rule I did not hear one puller that was in favor of the rule or the process, must be I just asked the wrong pullers!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2010 01:19AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: MoodyMy Opinion- Honesty in the NTPA engine/sheet metal ruleConfused February 16, 2010 02:52AM
Im not a fan of the rule but it also sucks that you can't use a certain brand and color because you cant keep it together. wish molines had a replacement engine. maby the detroit 40 series.

Re: MoodyMy Opinion- Honesty in the NTPA engine/sheet metal ruleConfused February 16, 2010 01:01PM
Well its riduculious, NTPA is just trying to fix the mess they created by allowing the new hyper block. Its gonna get interesting if the 3 or 4 red tractors spank the rest of em this summer and they can make em live. Will Young Blood , Renegade, Atom and some others buy the hyper block if thats what it takes? Might as well go right to billets so more than one builder can participate .Not that I'm fond of that idea either. Tighten down the waste gates boys

Re: MoodyMy Opinion- Honesty in the NTPA engine/sheet metal ruleConfused February 18, 2010 12:45PM
I think you are so right.I can't believe NTPA could be so stupid to think about doing something like that, let alone actually doing it! Its like they are trying to kill the sport.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms