SBJD Damper Question February 18, 2010 03:18AM
I've been discussing a few questions with a hand full of people, but no real final discision..

When changing to an SFI Damper, what are the opinions on the size of the Damper? The stock Damper on a 8.1L JD is about 11 in.. but can be different based on application.. I know that ATI's damper is about 7in.. And I've seen as big as 13in (not sure that will fit with a stock 8.1L front cover.. but that could be changed.) stock for a 466 is much smaller
Othe question is with the bigger damper.. its is added weight.. the added weight doesn't seem to be a concern, expect, I'd rather have the added weight at the other end of the crank.. (just thinking that less load through the crank.. )
Any opinions here.. and what are some of other running..

I mentioned a SBJD, but also on a Cummins (5.9L) both would be close to stock cubes.. 4-5K rpms...
Thank you,
Bryan

Re: SBJD Damper Question February 18, 2010 06:11AM
get the 12 inch combo from GMS or Riverside. that is what all sf tractors are using.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,871, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM