Curious February 20, 2010 03:44PM
Might be a silly question but what are they doing with the nozzles drilled into the inlet side of the turbo. I have seen pics of these in a bunch of the light supers.

Just Curious Confused

Re: Curious February 20, 2010 03:47PM
water injection

Re: Curious February 20, 2010 11:52PM
What do they have a rule that doesn't allow them to use pressure injection on the pressure side? Looks like all you're doing there is slowing down the turbo, especally with three nozzles. I run three nozzle on my little Pro-field but we do it on the pressure side at around 700 lbs. It sure made a big difference when I change from ahead of the turbo to after the turbo both in boost and how much water I could inject, much better setup for my tractor and it wasn't all that expensive compared to other things I have done to the tractor for the added performance I've gained from the setup.

Re: Curious February 20, 2010 11:57PM
Adds density, but also cools charge between pressure stages. They add it after, too.

CPR

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 12:13AM
On my first look I didn't realize it was a multple stage setup. I now see it with different eyes. Make perfect sense to me now. You know us pro-fielders only use to dealing with one of those turbo things.

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 12:44AM
are you sure its not alchol? injecting just a little before the turbo to help cool down the intake side?

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 12:52AM
It would be illegal if it was alcohol. No alcohol in the Airstream before the intake manifold per NTPA rulebook.

Do they have it hooked to some kind of sprayer pump?

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 04:38AM
You know, I should've looked closer. That's got to be an alky engine, most likely a LSS. Not as up on the class rules as I should be, but if intercoolers are illegal on alkies, some water injection would have the same effect of cooling the charge as it's compressed through the pressure stages.

CPR

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 06:04AM
by looking at the pic,it is sandefur's lt super.you can tell by the hood color,the white mark on the side shield,is the corner of the letter "f".it is an alky,under the ex manifold there is a peice of diamond plate aluminum,on the very front of this a sparkplug boot that i believe is visible.also there is not to many diesels with a aluminum head is there?.the sparkplug boots are visible infront of the exhaust ports.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 06:06AM by patches.

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 06:39AM
Yeah thats Sandufurs tractor and looks to be an older pic. Used to be able to inject before the turbos till Korth/Blackburn started launcing them out the front of the tractor.
Here's the same tractor at Tohma last year

And Whilhites with the nozzels still but not plumbed

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 10:55AM
It looks like the Bomb is using Water before the Turbo's too. Just curious on how it works, Cool

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 11:12AM
sorry brand secret!Spinning

Paparatzi? February 21, 2010 11:43AM
Im sure these guys love you posting pictures of their setups on the pull off so everyone can discuss it. seriously show some respect

Re: Paparatzi? February 21, 2010 01:15PM
I'd say if the pullers whose setups were shown in this thread were worried about showing off them off they wouldn't raise their hoods where people can take photos Tougue Out

Water on an Alky February 22, 2010 12:44AM
I agree, I think for the most part the pullers are very proud of their rigs (and should be) and they are more than happy to show them off whenever they get the chance. Most of the alcohol tractors (both light and heavy) are as clean under the hood as they are on the outside. You wouldn’t polish your intake and your compressor covers unless you wanted someone to see it.

They made alcohol before the intake illegal as well as making intercoolers illegal, and since that time just about everyone who is a regular LSS GN contender put a water injection system on their tractor.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 10:35PM
Are they using water for cooling or power or both. Didn't think and alcohol tractor made that much heat. Where do they inject the alcohol right in the head or intake manifold

Re: Curious February 22, 2010 05:18AM
100 lbs boost can creat 400 degrees plus amibient temp gets you close to 500 degrees intake temp. Spray absorbs heat and increases density which increase the amount of oxygen, which increases the amount of fuel that can be burned.

All alcohol has to be inject in the port area, so none can be sprayed in the plenum/intake pipe.

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 11:14PM
No, that's NOS on the Bomb. He has a right and left nozzle and they are hooked to his brake pedals to help steer. His left nozzle was plugged at NFMS.

Re: Curious February 22, 2010 02:17AM
Dear DAve thats not exactly what happend. Kevin criscrossed the lines he said it was a mistake!

Re: Curious February 22, 2010 04:40PM
fat boy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear DAve thats not exactly what happend. Kevin
> criscrossed the lines he said it was a mistake!

No your eyes were crossed from the beer stand. For the record your not scared of the sand pile. You just forget to aim for the middle one!!

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 01:07PM
I think that intercoolers are legal for ltss with cast head not aluminum. I would like to run one but space is a concern for me. Rob

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 12:44PM
The nozzle may shoot a little gas into the turbo to help with starting the tractor. Just a thought!!!

Re: Curious February 21, 2010 02:05PM
About 20 years ago at the NFMS, the Deutz Underdog, with triple stages, had 5 nozzles above top charger, with five windshield washer fuel lines running to them. On the dash, about the gauges, were 5 toggles, each to activate each line. They fed pressurized water between stages, but added the small amounts at the top, one at a time, to adjust as conditions required during their hook. High pressure pumps misting in front of the charger may cause less drag, and I've seen several single charger units with a port drilled to directly hit the turbine fins from the housing.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,781, Posts: 229,963, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,045.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009