Diesels in the TWD Class February 23, 2010 02:44AM
Just Curious why they don't let someone run a Diesel for the TWD Modified Trucks? Would there be a advantage or disadvantage.?

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 23, 2010 04:26AM
there might be one. theres a twd mod cummins from missouri

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 23, 2010 06:08AM
were is this guy from nevere seen him around the mid west parts.

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 23, 2010 07:31AM
he used to pull a mini mod for years. i don't know what town. theres a whole thread on this trucks build up over at competitiondiesel.com under the 2wd sled pulling

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 23, 2010 01:55PM
Dale Struberg Washington, Mo. 2wd not completly finished yet, test hooked a couple times late last fall but had a few issues with a borrowed clutch that would not engage correctly. Should have new clutch setup this year and start working the kinks out. Also very involved in the Destrocked 4x4 diesel truck.

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 27, 2010 11:54AM
are they running the 5.9 cummins? what is there cube limit. will the ntpa let him run with the smf2wd?

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 27, 2010 01:16PM
The truck I posted pics of is running a 5.9. I don't know if NTPA will let them pull or not. I know he has been having a little trouble trying to pull against the 4x4 mod diesels, they're not letting him pull in the same class, just exhibition. Really don't know why. But he hasn't made a good run yet, so no one really knows how he'll stack up?

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 27, 2010 01:40PM
Current NTPA 2wd rules state, No diesels permitted.
Also states single staged turbochargers.

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 27, 2010 02:25PM
I would be very interested in building one if there was a class for it. I don't see why the ntpa or other groups would be against since since you wuold be under cubed and would be able to roll the starts like most trucks do? I wonder if you put it on alky if they would let you play? This truck has me thinking...... which could be dangerous in its self.

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 27, 2010 03:05PM
Wouldn't the weight of a diesel block be an issue? Just wondering...

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 27, 2010 03:12PM
Depends.... Alum. Head and with the cummins block shouldn't be a problem. Powerstock or duramex could be an issue. I think I seen somewhere on a pst that this truck weighed around 5,000 without the driver

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 27, 2010 03:19PM
Look at the picture of the one that Ryan posted.. It has alot of weights on the front end..

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 28, 2010 02:26AM
Because a 2wd with the same horsepower and weight will out pull a 4x4 of the same horse power and weight just about 100 % of the time if weighted and drove correctly.

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 28, 2010 06:20AM
are they going to have a class tor these type trucks? its a shame to spend the money and the time to build such a machine if no one will lt you pull

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 28, 2010 08:06AM
At the NADM events they allow 2wds to pull with the 4x4, same rules, just run a 30in Hitch heigth.. 2.6, 2.8, 3.0 (or some are twins to 3.2, and unlimited singles..) but this is a mod truck, they would be pulling against the 4x4 Mod Diesel trucks.
I think the cube limit for them is mid 400's.. either 450 or 470 cid..

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 28, 2010 08:51AM
its 460 cubes

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 28, 2010 02:48PM
Ryan.. thanks.. I was close.. haha...
Bryan

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class February 28, 2010 03:39PM
no problem! Grinning

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class March 01, 2010 06:01AM
are the mod 4x4's allowed staged turbos?? the boost that can make can cover up my roots blower 3 to 1. I like alot of what he's down, but I'm afraid he has set the bar too high for a new class. how will a powerstroke or duramaxx compare??? since I have chevy bodies on my 2wds will I have to use a duramaxx??

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class March 01, 2010 06:15AM
You should be able to run whatever engine/body combo you want. I know of a couple of trucks in 4x4, like Atley's that has a Ford body with a Cummins or Erik Stacey's Chevy with a Cummins.

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class March 01, 2010 09:26AM
Mod Diesel is 2 Stages, 3 chargers... Remember this is 2wd Mod... The other classes do not have to go to this level.. Work stock, 2.6, 2.8 charger classes must have OEM drive train.. or at least the housings.. for a 1ton or smaller.. 3.0 or Super Street classes, still have to use a frame, but have open driveline rules.. You will just be pulling against the 4x4 trucks, but with a 30 in hitch. There are a few 2.6 2wd trucks pulling.. I think one might be stepping up to a 2.8 or 3.0 class..
Bryan

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class March 01, 2010 11:20AM
when you say at least 1 ton housings or smaller, can I put planetaries on a dana 60/70/80 housing?? how about tire limits?? Do mod 4x4's use EFI??

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class March 01, 2010 01:42PM
Links to the rules.. many groups and associations are running under these rules or rules simailar to these..

[runnadm.com]

[runnadm.com]

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class March 02, 2010 05:39AM
I've tossed around getting a 2wd truck just for that reason. Maybe when I hit the powerball this coming Wednesday I'll have a truck to pull Fantasy this year... Grinning

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class March 01, 2010 12:21PM
We have the super 2wd in the fantsy club. It needs some new blood, I was thinking with you would have a crowd pleaser with spool up for smoke tire spin and wheel standing at the end. What do you think?

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class March 31, 2010 09:55AM
That is the Idea something new for the crowd NADM is working with us to try to get this class going.I don't know if they have all the rules posted yet for the 2wd modsYou woul defentlly have to use a full size body not a compact.All the chassy rules are the same as PPL,NTPA,ITPA.exc,The motor rules will be the same as the 4x4mods.Our truck weighed in at 6200lb the front axle was 2850lb and we had 600lb of weight on the rear we have planiteries with a SQHD.The truck was at the truck show at Louivill.Ky, this past week.

Dale

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class April 01, 2010 03:05PM
The motor is done for my truck and the tranny and clutch should be here late next week. If everything works, I will be pulling a single 3.0 turbo, p-pumped 6.0 powerstroke, 2wd, f250 with a rockwell rear end, this coming season, against the 4wd diesel trucks.

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class April 02, 2010 08:49AM
Cool more 2wd"s out there keep them comming.all brand's.

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class April 01, 2010 09:44AM
Some day we would love to pull with the big boy's meaning the blown ones with NTPA,PPL and so on.I would like to see if we could come close to compete with them.

Dale

triple prostock diesel mod April 01, 2010 01:43PM
Only mod I want to see is a tri-color setup - IH, Deere, NH single-charger motors, all painted in their correct colors! What to name it?

Re: triple prostock diesel mod April 01, 2010 01:49PM
Rainbow Warrior......hopefully that name is not trademarked by Jeff Gordon

Re: Diesels in the TWD Class June 10, 2010 09:42AM
We made a pass this week end at the FASS Nats. for exibition.I know not to use 6ply tires now.
[www.youtube.com]

Dale

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM