brake help February 23, 2010 10:19AM
When using internal brakes on 4010 rear with wilwood peddles how do you set the clearance between brake pads and disks, all ready have new O rings for brake fluid. Thanks in advance.

Re: brake help February 23, 2010 11:57AM
I`d try Tommy Stringer in Monticello Ky. he might help you out

Re: brake help February 24, 2010 12:56AM
Do you have Tom's number

Re: brake help February 23, 2010 12:14PM
They are just like disc brakes on a car--pump them up & when the discs turn they will push the piston back.

Re: brake help February 24, 2010 08:00AM
also put a 2 lb pressure residuel valve between brakes and master cylinder

Re: brake help February 24, 2010 08:26AM
What is that going to do? My thinking is that is going to put a drag on the return. Maybe im thinking wrong.

Re: brake help February 24, 2010 09:25AM
putting new o-rings will help as when brakes are applied they tend to roll, when relased they roll the piston back slighty .old o-rings tend to have a flat spot . bleed them thoroughly as they are designed to be flushed by hyd. pres. and any air pocket will act as a spring applying presure to disc

Re: brake help February 24, 2010 12:00PM
Bleeding the brakes when you have had the pistons out will be a problem. The piston on the bottom has no way to bleed air out and the line going in and the line going out are in the middle of the piston horizontally--poor design. Also--if you put new "o" rings in, don't forget the backer. Just put the thing together, bleed it as best you can, then apply the brakes with the wheel off, release the brakes while trying to turn the 9 bolt hub--that will tell you how quickly the pads release. I do not think you will have a problem--you don't need any fancy stuff here, just do it and test it before putting the wheels on!!! If you have any "sponge" in the pedal when you put pressure on the pedal with your foot--it will be because there is air still in the bottom piston--the other 2 will bleed ok.

Re: brake help February 24, 2010 12:28PM
Thanks, do you push piston all the way in or let the axle push piston in when you bolt it on. If you want to give me your phone # i'll give you a call

Re: brake help February 24, 2010 11:51PM
Push them all the way in. Then when the axle housings are on you pump them out until they make contact with the brake disc, then the bleeding process starts. Give me your e-mail address, I will send you my number.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,737, Posts: 229,874, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,987.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM