Remember when February 24, 2010 01:36PM
Any one remember this (link), my buddyfound this T-shirt. His dad, my dad, and a few others helped start this organization in the early 70`s and 80`s. We had built our own sled. Good ole days for sure...

Re: Remember when February 24, 2010 02:22PM
I'd like to see some of the pics of the tractors still sitting in the barns.. I know you see them from time to time...

Re:hey JDGnut, Oliver 2255 Beer February 25, 2010 04:08AM
Hey JDGnut,did you go to Glen Rose? We went Sat. night and brought the 2255, lots of fun, but needs more fuel. Youtube 2255 .Lots of fun. Our pull is July 23&24 at Lindsay,Tx. I think we`ll run the antiques early Sat. See ya there.

Re: Re:hey JDGnut, Oliver 2255 Beer February 25, 2010 05:14AM
No.. didn't make it.. Going to try to make it to Lindsay.. If nothing else, to watch the TTTPA guys...
It looks like you should be able to pull that taller gear, with more fuel.. Looks good.. maybe it switched over to Alky.. haha..
JDGnut

Re: Remember when February 25, 2010 09:36AM
Thanks.Would love to see more pictures of Texas pulling tractors from the 1970's-80's,Keyes,Love,Blagrave,Watsons,etc. Also would love to see more pictures from the indoor pulls in Texas.Pulling just seemed to die in Texas.

Re: Remember when February 25, 2010 10:49AM
It doesnt look the indoor pulls are dying.. I looks like they are DEAD !!! Nobody was there !!

Re: Remember when February 25, 2010 12:10PM
We arent talking about todays pulls.We are talking about the old days of indoor pulling in Texas.This was back in the 1970's-1980's and I remember them having some great crowds at Ft Worth,the Astrodome-etc.I was making a reference that tractor pulling in Texas died about 25 years ago.Texas still has some real good pullers but they have to travel alot.

Re: Remember when February 25, 2010 03:26PM
Yes they have. No idea why.We used to follow the Lone Star Truck and Tractor Pullers around the state. Sled was owned by Clifford Smith from Raymondville, he also had one hell of an unlimited tractor. Prostock tractors was always a battle between Ted Brandt (IH) and Pete Boening (AC). Other included James Dietz (MF), Henry Schorsch (Ford), Roger Bading (JD) and Scooter Elliott (IH).

NTPA had an organization, Texas Truck and Tractor Pullers. They had some pretty good pulls, but I believe they concentrated more up north. They pulled once in Converse (near San Antonio) one year and that was all we saw of them.

San Antonio for a few years had excellent pulls in the old Freeman Colesium. These would last forever, but were only limited to 4X4 Modified, 4X4 Super Modified trucks and then a variety of Modified tractors.

I really need to get into my parents picture closet and scan those old trucks and tractors and upload them here. Boy I wish there were more pulls here.

Re: Remember when February 25, 2010 04:27PM
Are you still in San Antonio?

Re: Remember when February 26, 2010 03:54AM
Yes I am. Right now I am on Active Duty at Fort Hood and was in Wisconsin last year.

Re: Remember when February 26, 2010 02:24PM
I sure hope that you can find those old pulling pictures and post them on here.I and others would love to see them.I can remember some of those Texas Pro Stock tractors that you named.Its just a shame that pulling in Texas died.

Re: Remember when February 25, 2010 01:01PM
Yea, lack of advertisement in Glen Rose. Lindsay,Tx. has a pop. of 871 and we had over 2000 paying last year and hope to do better this year.

Re: Remember when February 25, 2010 10:54AM
Did you run at Witchita Falls or Iowa Park back in the 70's? I was there several times a year visiting family and remember going to several pulls over the years. There was a rodeo arena used on some of those pulls. Some of those same tractors ran at Louisville Farm Machinery Show. I got to know some of the pullers very well and always looked them up at the pulls here and there. Lots of memories.

Re: Remember when February 25, 2010 01:15PM
Yes, my dad built the tracks in Wichita,Ft.Worth, Houston, & etc...when he ran was a member of the Red River Assoc. This was yrs ago,but I remeber them dumping the dirt in the colliseums. We got out of pulling because of prices to stay competitive. We had fun in those days,usually drank beer wtth the guy that beat ya.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM