sw wi na farm classes February 26, 2010 03:09AM
Has anyone heard what they are going to do with #7500 #8500 #9500 NA farm classes in sw wi. I heard they were talking about having an actual speed limit. just wondering

Re: sw wi na farm classes February 26, 2010 04:27AM
open it up hardest class there is to police

Re: sw wi na farm classes February 26, 2010 04:49AM
Yes I agree with Mark it is the hardest class to police. We tried 4th gear at a few pulls last year and that seemed to help(didn't let the big power run 40ft ahead of the rest), but I would love to have suggestions for what we should try in Cuba City this year. I know there is alot of concern with the two big Deeres and the MM. Also Mark, are Bill and the other Profarm guys going to be interested in a Class at Cuba City this year or will they be at another pull??(June 19) Thanks Brian (608)732-0653

Re: sw wi na farm classes February 26, 2010 05:21AM
what do you mean by profarm p pump 3inch 3000rpm?

Re: sw wi na farm classes February 26, 2010 08:00AM
We are going to try to have a meeting about this in Readstown at the Kickapoo Inn on March 11 at around 7:30 pm to talk about this and about a couple of improved farm classes for the big cube NA's and 4-cylinder turbos and a 6 cylinder turbo class.
We will keep you posted if this all falls into place.
Contact Jeff Parr,Justin Manning,or Brian Keller

Re: sw wi na farm classes February 27, 2010 08:12AM
I have two primary issues with setting a gear restriction: first- you assume that every tractor is a 4020. Granted, they make up the bulk of that class, but you cannot tell other colors to run the same gear if they have a completely different transmission. Second- it is not too difficult to change the speed of a gear. I know for a fact that I can make a gear that is supposed to run 5 mph move me at 8 mph, just by mixing transmission and final drives, using stock OEM parts, and still having sequential gears. (4th faster than 3rd faster than 2nd, etc.)
I believe that if you really want to limit speed, the only effective way to do it is with a hard and fast mph limit- either with a pace vehicle, or from the sled like Iron Anchors does.
Just something to think about from the perspective of a non-green guy. Smiling

Re: sw wi na farm classes February 28, 2010 05:45AM
Yes i agree a speed must be measured by MPH, not by a numbered gear. I was simply stating that they tried something in the area of 4th gear last year. I am not a fan of a pace tractor just because it requires another person to work at the pull and it is tough enough to get people to help at these pulls. Also it puts them very close to harms way. Anyone could break a fan belt or break something else and I wouldn't want to be near that. My tractor threw the fan belt on the blower last year a put a nice dent in my 3020 right next to it.

Brian Mueller

Re: sw wi na farm classes February 28, 2010 01:23PM
Slow the speed limit down. Then the small cube tractors have a chance.

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 01, 2010 02:48AM
What speed is 4th gear? What would be a reasonable speed? 6mph? 5?

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 01, 2010 05:21AM
Hay, I have an ideer. Lets make it 3 mph so we can all pull with the Daryland or Hawkeye Antique Clubs on the weekends. Been to alot of there pulls.(Lots of spectaters).Get a clue. Put on a show ,or there wont be any fans in the stands.No $$$$$$ for the promoter.No tractor pull.Pretty simple.Really should check out the Antique Club if all else fails.

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 01, 2010 07:02AM
i agree, if these are "farm" tractors they should only be running 5mph, not 8mph, this way it will even out the playing field, what happens when a local who hasn't spent severeal $1000 dollars on their pump and lines wants to pull? you're gonna piss them off, if it's a farm class keep it that way! farm tractors don't run 3000rpm, open farm tractors do, and i'll guarantee most of the 3000rpm tractors in this class aren't running steel flywheels either, and that in my opinion shows a lack of concern for the safety of everyone at the pull. any of you guys ever seen a flywheel come apart? i have at Blue River, wasn't pretty.

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 01, 2010 02:05PM
News flash! There is no such thing as a stock farm tractor anymore. Who doesn't turn there fuel up? How many factory 90hp tractors show up at a pull with 90hp? Pretty good chance none! Stock classes were 20yrs ago get with the times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Confused

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 01, 2010 02:15PM
I would like to know who the genius was that came up with this "4020" class to begin with? Maybe we should have a class for every brand and series tractor ever made so that everyone can pull with no WHINING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats up with you green guys don't you like getting beat by "off" breed tractors? I've seen it first hand and I'll be honest with you I thought it was extremely funny not to mention satisfying!!!!! GrinningGrinningGrinningHotHotHotThumbs UpBeer

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 01, 2010 02:28PM
I agree with the guy that has sand in his vag but come on lets not attack the class completely. If the tractor was stock at 8500 and had 100hp then that is where it belongs. So calm down boys lets clean out the vags and heads and get a good set of rules!

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 02, 2010 02:06AM
Well i just wanted to say that most 4020s, 4000s, 4010s, 766s, 966s, and so on came out of the factory running 2850 rpms. good luck guys

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 02, 2010 11:44AM
am not scard!!!!!!!

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 03, 2010 01:03AM
2255 oliver came out at 3000-3250

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 03, 2010 01:44AM
The stock 2255 Governed speed of 2600.

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 03, 2010 08:17AM
I think HSD brings up a good point about 3000 RPM and safety. I have not personaly seen a flywheel explode, but I have heard stories. If you look around here on pulloff you will see some recent post over in Western Iowa about RPM limit's and Flywheel exposion incidents. My guess is that most of the tractors in this class have cast flywheels, and their is a good chance their will never be a problem for any of them, but that's probably what the guy whose flywheel exploded thought to! Why not slow down the RPM's, it will be the same for all? Why not make this class more about reading the track and ballancing the tractor correctly? I have pulled with this class before and their is a nice variety of tractor and competitors, I think the class would be even more interesting and competitive if you slowed down (5 MPH) and turned down the RPM's.

Think Safety First!, It may be one of your loved ones in the crowed that get's injured when one of these things explodes- "some day"???

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 03, 2010 02:50PM
totally agree. sometimes everyone forgets what stock rpm limits were designed for, to keep everything in check. cast was never designed for high speed especially with the high heat from the clutch.

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 03, 2010 05:14PM
Alright boys lets get this together and get some rules for the farm and improved farm classes next week. We need a little feedback to get the most people there what works the best for you guys? I know monday, tuesday and thursday night is out. Would you guys prefer a weeknight meeting or sunday afternoon. Post your replies here and we will do the rest. THANKS!!

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 05, 2010 01:04AM
sunday

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 06, 2010 08:25AM
Sunday would work for me. Randy Leahy

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 06, 2010 01:32PM
Meeting will be next sunday in Readstown we will give an exact location on monday looking to start at 7 pm

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 08, 2010 08:12AM
a little earlier would be nice and where at

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 08, 2010 08:47AM
I agree with Mark its over an hour drive for me. Thanks Randy

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 09, 2010 04:36AM
so, any word on a time and place for the meeting? i assume the Kickapoo Inn, what time?? sunday?

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 10, 2010 04:27AM
is this meeting going to take place or not?

Re: sw wi na farm classes March 11, 2010 03:03PM
Meeting is on please see Readstown Wisconsin meeting post.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009