Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback February 28, 2010 03:52AM
I am looking for information on what MMTPA payback is for there profield class? If my schedule will allow would like to come down and play.
Thanks

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback February 28, 2010 04:31AM
We've changed some classes around, and have not finalized what the payout will be yet. I'll post something on here as soon as a decision is made. Should be in a week or two.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback February 28, 2010 04:34AM
Thank you, I will be looking forward to it. I like the looks of the new profield class changes.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback February 28, 2010 04:40AM
Were ya from?

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback February 28, 2010 01:09PM
Now that Mid Mo has cut back to one pro field class are you going to let the pro field tractors jump up and pull 8200 pro stock. Sounds like you may have a huge pro field class with east central screwing around like they are.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback February 28, 2010 05:21PM
Pro-field tractors can jump up in the 8200 pro-stock class, as long as they are 466ci or under and can make weight. And the ones over 466ci can jump up to the 10000 pro-stock class. Rules do state that tractor can hook no more than twice though, so a 466ci pro-field tractor can't jump up in both pro-stock classes. I hope we do have a bunch of pro-field tractors this year, they are all welcome to come pull with us. Just to let you pro-field guys know, the board toyed with the idea of eliminating both pro-field classes due to very poor numbers and lack of support in the 8500 and 10000 pro-field classes last year. So if you want the class to stay around, there needs to be pullers show up to support it consistently.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 12:04AM
so what is the wieght going to be in pro field this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2010 12:05AM by ford8000al.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 02:48AM
470ci and below will weigh at 9500lb, 471ci and above will weigh at 9000lb. 640 max cubic inch limit. Complete rules are listed on the website.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 12:50PM
It would not really be fair to the pro field guys to weigh 8200# in the pro stock class. Why not give them 800# or so if they run 3000 rpms and the much smaller 2.75" charger.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 01:22PM
Well, I'm not on the board, and don't have any say in the matter. But, in my opinion, when they "jump up" to the pro-stock class, they really aren't supposed to be as competitive. They alreay have the pro-field class to compete in, and if you try to mix and match limited rmp tractors in an unlimited rpm class, teching and enforcing rpms becomes a nightmare. They can open up their rpms in the prostock class, they will just have the disadvantage of the smaller turbo. Not to say that the board might not consider this, but i doubt it. I think the board would have to be shown that the pro-field guys are gonna support their own class before they would even think about changing anything else.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 01:46PM
It looked to me like the 8200 pro stock class needed as much help last year as the pro field did. Why would a pro field tractor jump up to pro stock to help their numbers unless there was to be a weight advantage. Most pro field tractors cant run the rpms that a pro stock can because their clutches and engine componants wont last long. Looks to me like if the pro stock class helps the pro field class jump up they help them selves too.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 01:53PM
Then before you know it, things will be the same as ecmtpa. Build for your class and run.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 02:09PM
Build for 1 class, Mid Mo doesn't need the problems ECMTPA has right now with there profield class.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 02:19PM
And you all wonder why ecmtpa is dropping the profield to only a few hooks. Its to the point for most of you to jump up anyway. From what I heard nobody wanted to pull the prostock classes in mmttpa because they couldn't compete and now you want to run them because you got your class back and now you want to pull in it. Figure out what you want and just pull your class and go on.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 02:43PM
ECMTPA screwed themselves when they voted in p pumps. They made the pro field class to close to the pro stock. MMTTPA tried to stay with stock appearing pumps like it should be but couldnt compete with the p pumps. Its to bad all the organazations in Mo couldnt stick with the stock pumps like it should be. Now MMTTPA is stuck with p pumps also. I say if a pro field tractor jumps up into the pro stock class they run the tach. box on any tractor that has a plug in. 3000rpms. Therefore no crap like Fam. Trad.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 02:48PM
It seems like everyone has gone p pump crazy in the profield classes in Missouri.Hats off to NWMTPA and IAMO for keeping an A-Pump class for the time being. By changing to Ppumps the tractors are to close together, all you have essentially done is have a limited limited pro. Most are running equal turbos to the 466 Limited pros. I know people who have ran the same A-Pump for 3 or 4 years with minimal or no problems, but according to everyone A-pumps are junk. My two cents is if you are having trouble maybe you should get another builder who builds something reliable.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 03:00PM
Looks to me like MMTTPA could have better off by leaving their two pro field classes alone this year and gained tractors because off ECMTPA trying to get rid of their pro fields.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 03:19PM
If you look at MMTTPA class line up. 5500# pro field--- Jump up to the 6500# open or 9500# pro field 6200# street stock trucks ------Jump up to the 6200# pro street 6200# pro street trucks------jump up to the Div. 3 6500# open tractors -----jump up to the 8200# pro stock 8200# pro stock tractors --------- jump up to 9700# pro stock tractors Then you have the 9500# pro field-------jump upto the 8200# pro stock or could go back to 8500# and 10000# like it was. The show was put together for every one to jump up except the Div 3 trucks, the diesel trucks and the 9700# pro stocks who are all aready at the top with nowhere to jump to.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 03:28PM
66 Red, Why don't you post what you pull and who you are then we can discuss what to do.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 03:39PM
I pull a hot stock class, but not in this area. I want to hook with MMTTPA this season but would really like to hook two classes if I am to drive the miles it will take. Have not yet installed the p pump but have one ready if everything works out to come up there and hook.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 03:22PM
i agree 66red, im sure they will still pickup some east central tractors, but i dont think the 500 lb weight break is enough for the cube difference. those 640 boys are gonna mop the floor with the 466 guys.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 04:10PM
66red, we would love to have you come pull with us. As far as MMTTPA being set up for most vehicles to hook twice, you are correct, BUT, in every senario except the pro-field last year (even then the 10000 was allowed bigger cubes), when a vehicle jumps up, they are at a disadvantage. When the 5700 pro-field guys jump up to the 6500 open, they are running against bigger cubes and bigger turbos, and even twin turbos. Same with 8200 pro-stock jumping up to 10,000, ect. So as they say, build for your class, and have the option to jump up at a disadvantage. 2009 was the first year MMTTPA had the 8200 pro-stock with 466ci limit, and already have two more tractors that have paid their memberships and committed to pull with us this year. The class is growing, so they aren't going to make any changes to it. As far as leaving the 8500 and 10000 pro-field the way it was last year was out of the question. The board has to answer to the promoters, and if they book a ten class show, they want a ten class show. Last year on a couple of occasions there was not a single tractor that showed for the 10000 profield, and as far as I know, not a single pro-field puller has paid their membership dues for this year. We have had several verbal commitments, which is why they decided to combine and keep one pro-field class. As far as the weight break in the 9500 pro-field, we had to start somewhere. (9000 vs 9500) The members set the rules for their classes in the fall at the rules meeting. The only requirements to vote is a paid membership, and I believe you have to make 50% (not sure on percentage) of the pulls in the season.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 04:31PM
You make a very good point. I will considere coming to your area to hook this season.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 05:23PM
depending were you are from get ready to travel 3 pulls in west plains what happend to MID MO. And now duble points why??

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 05:35PM
To get you to come down south. I heard they used to pay for your FIRST hook when it was far away.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 05:41PM
i could understand going down for one pull but 3 plus cuba on fri. night one weekend. So you crazy to drive back north.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 01, 2010 05:23PM
After closer examination limproinmo your explaination about jumping classes makes less sense than I first thought. Every class that can jump up either hooks at the same weight or puts on weight. The pro field has to drop 1300# plus run the smaller charger and less rpms to run your 8200# class. No compatition at all.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 02, 2010 02:54AM
There are several tractor tht pull in the 8200 Pro-stock that "jump up" to the 6500 open, were we have to pull against unlimited cubes and unlimited turbo. That being said, I received an e-mail this morning that the board is still hashing out some of the pro-field rules, and may consider letting pro-field guys jump up in 82 pro-stock running pro-field rules. I don't have any details on that yet, or even if it will happen. I'll update the website and post on here as soon as I get that info.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 02, 2010 05:24AM
please explain what kind of crap the family tradition tractor was doing....when it ran profield class it was running profield class rules, when it ran prostock it was running the prostock class rules....so what exactly is the problem?

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 02, 2010 07:31AM
First off, the EC Profield class voted to change to A pumps. When it went to the board they suggested to make it 13mm P's and be done with it. Hart already had the super A for the East Coast guys and at least 1 puller had alredy checked into them. So don't dump the P pump entirely on the class members.

Second, why do you think the factory appearing pump rule is better? It's a performance advantage for those who can run the Model 100 or A pump but the top performing versions of those are high dollar and of questionable reliability. Does it make sense to make the pullers spend more to ensure they can't easily jump into a P pump class? Are we trying to keep them 'down where they belong' or allow them the most bang for a reasonable buck? The specified 13mm P is less expensive and more reliable than the big 100's or East Coast A's.

I don't get 'to close to the pro stocks'. Should EC dump the Super Farm class too? After all the only difference between it & the 95 Lim Pro is charger size & No Mercy won at least one 4.1 hook last summer so obviously those SF guys have spent way to much & have their tractors way to close to those high RPM Lim Pro's! What Family Tradition did was no different than what No Mercy did - why is there such an uproar over FT?

Everyone seems to think there is a huge RPM difference between the 466 Lim Pro & 3000 RPM tractors that dictates a huge difference in parts. Very few open RPM diesels make significant power much over 4500 RPM - that dictates a very minor change in optimal port size & cam grind.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 02, 2010 10:36AM
That is a great point. All the uproar over this class is rediculous. People need to get a life and worry about something that matters.

Re: To: 66 red March 02, 2010 11:10AM
Seems like by jumping up and winning a pro stock class, even though you ran their rules and was 100% legal some people including fans, board members, and last but not least promoters now think the two classes are way closer than they really are. No crap on your part just crap.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 02, 2010 02:52PM
The 2010 Payout and new pull order are now listed on Mid Mo's website (mmttpainc.com) under the Announcements page.

For all you pro-field guys wondering about jumping up to the pro-stock classes, the pro-field rules have been updated. Rule 16 states "9500 Pro-Field tractors may hook in the 8200 or 10000 Limited pro-stock class but will be required to run under their own rules set for the 9500 Pro-Field class including the 3000 RPM limit monitored by the RPM Box. Pro-field tractors will weigh the same as the pro-stock tractors, no weight allowances will be allowed." You guys can start bashing away about the weight differential, but before you do, let me give you a perspective from an 82 pro-stock puller who made it to all the events but one last year. Why should the 82 pro-stock class change it's rules to allow the pro-field guys the opportunity to be equally competitive in two classes, and potentially take away purse money from the pro-stock pullers, when last year there was not a single pro-field tractor that consistently showed up to support their classes when they still had two classes to pull in? Not trying to piss anyone off here, just giving you a perspective from the other side of the track, so to speak.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 03, 2010 12:51AM
An excellent rule. But if I may add something. The puller must register for their primary class before season begins. Add rule that the 82 PS can not go down to the PF. By doing this you will save yourself alot of problems with the PF guys signing up for the 82, dropping down, and winning that class to. Also be sure to check turbos from PF pulling in 82 ( Family trad, and Red Adick. tractors)

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 03, 2010 01:41AM
Checking turbos and rpms I'm sure will be taking care of and the profield tractors are pretty much known who they are. If they pull the 9500 class they cannot run the rpms in the 82 or 10 is what the rule looks to state so I would say if you have a rpm plug in the back of your tractor your getting hooked up to the box in these two classes. If any issues begin or not enough dedicated profield tractors support it will probably be pushed back to the prostock class. So if you all want a 3000 rpm profield class, show up and pull with it. This complaining back and forth is not helping nobody that wants this class around so support your class if you want it to stay.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 03, 2010 05:36AM
Will any 82 tractors be allowed to change turbos before running the 65 open or 10,000 # 4.1 classes? If they're going to tie the PF pullers hands and make sure they can't compete in your class it only seems fair to do the same if you want to hook a second class. Not giving them something special is one thing but saying they can't adjust their tractor to meet the rules of another class is absurd. These rules and payout pretty much say you don't want anyone that isn't part of your inner sanctum.

By the way per the 09 results on your webpage there were 19 hooks. A JD hooked the 82 class 16 times & a Ford 11 times so you must have missed more than 1 hook. Also there were 4 hooks where there were only 3 in the class, 3 hooks with only 2 in the class, & 1 hook with only 1 (neither the Deere or the Ford) in the class. It looks to me like you need tractors in this class and should be encouraging PF puller to jump in instead of discouraging them. The spectators are paying to see a show.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 03, 2010 08:40AM
Good points Deere Puller. I was thinking the same thing about the pro stock numbers also needing help. I also dont think many pro field tractors are running aluminum wheels and most may not be able to get down to 8200#. At least MMTTPA is making an attempt at this even if some pro stock pullers may not want it. But it is their class, with a 2 or 3 tractor average it may go away next year.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 03, 2010 08:54AM
Why don't you ask the ones that started all this mess to begin with. Like someone said above, build for one class and run it. If your capable of turning your rpms up to run the next class you don't need to have a profield class then just run the prostock class.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 03, 2010 11:15AM
I'm just curious why they want the profiled tractors to run their same rules in the pro stock class. It is an unlimited rpm class and if the pro field guys want to open theirs up who cares. If they make a good hook and beat you in the pro stock good for them. That is part of tractor pulling. If you get beat you go home and try to figure out how to make your tractor run and hook better, not change the rules so you have no competition. Best I recall there was a couple times a 5700 lb pro field tractor jumped into the 6500 open and beat us because he had 18.4's and got a good bite and all we did was spin the tires. I guess we should make them stay at 3000 rpms now too, I don't think so. If they want to run it let them run it.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 03, 2010 11:08AM
Deere Puller, I'm not trying to start any crap here, but "by the way" our tractor was at all but one event. We had breakage at Sedalia, Hillsboro and St. Anthony in the 6500 (which is before the 8200 in pull order) and were unable to hook the 82. I think I would remember how many pulls my tractor went to. That being said, I will say this one more time and I'm done ranting. In every other tractor class in Mid Mo, when a tractor jumps up a class, they are pulling at a disadvantage. When an 82 pro-stock jumps up to the 6500, they are pulling against unlimited cubes, unlimited turbo, alcohol, twin turbo tractors and whatever else. it's an "open" class. If an 82 pro-stock tractor jumps to the 10000 pro-stock, they are pulling against big cubes and big turbo. I guess if your crazy enough to change out a scalding hot turbo you could put a 4.1 on, but doubt if a 466 would spin it, and you would still have a big cubic inch disadvantage. The 10000 pro-stock doesn't even have the option to pull twice, and neither do the alcohol and twin turbo guys in the 6500. the 5700 pro-field guys have to jump up to the 6500 or the big pro-field class. I am not sure why you feel that the pro-field guys should be any different? And as far as the pro-field guys helping out the numbers in the 82, if as you said for instance there is only one pro-stock tractor in the 8200 at an event, and three pro-field tractors jump up running pro-field rules, they are guaranteed at least 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, if not 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Breakage and wild rides on a pro-stock tractor have been known to happen. This is just my opinion, everybody has one. I'm sure you don't agree, and pretty sure I didn't change your mind. So my only suggestion to you is this. Pay your membership dues, and show up and pull at the required number of events to be able to vote at the rules meeting.
Scott Luebbering, "Smokin Stag"

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 11, 2010 11:03AM
Sounds to me like someone is helping make the rules to keep competition out of his class.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 11, 2010 01:43PM
Yes and that is sad. Its the same crap east central was doing. Its bad because midmo could have really gained some quality tractors, but now they want to come up with rediculous rules to make sure they dont get beat. You should be ashamed and embarrassed. If you cant beat a profield tractor than you just give it up.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 11, 2010 06:09PM
First off, I am not on the board, and in no way have anything to do with setting the rules for the pro-field class, or any other class besides my own at the rules meeting. That being said, if the pro-field guys want to run the 82 pro-stock with the the pro-field rules, thats fine. In theory then, the pro-stock guys should be able to run the 9500 pro-field class weighing 8200 running pro-stock rules. (what a ruckus that would be!) It's not about getting beat by a pro-field tractor. I'll be the first to admit that there are pro-field tractors that run better than our pro-stock tractor if they run unlimited rpms. Would I be ashamed and embarrassed if they beat me? Hell no! If you knew me at all, (which obviously you don't) you'd know I'd congratulate them, tell em nice run, and go home and try to find a way to make my tractor run better. (And Mr "yep", if you even have a pro-stock tractor, which I doubt, I'm pretty sure there are some pro-field tractors that would beat yours too running unlimited rpms!) The whole point of these rules is that there needs to be a distinction between the pro-field and pro-stock class. If the pro-field guys can run and win in the pro-stock class, why have the pro-field class at all??? Eliminate the pro-field class all together. The pro-field class is suppossed to be a "starter" class. Right or wrong, this is what caused the big stink in East Central, and it's my understanding that the board is just trying to be pro-active and prevent it from happening in our organization. The board was forced to make some tough decisions because of the lack of numbers in the pro-field classes last year. They are trying to do what they think is best for the organization as a whole, not just what is best for the pro-field class. If you want to rant and rave at somebody, rant at yourself (if you are a pro-field puller) for not showing up last year.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 12, 2010 08:27AM
WE PROMOTE THIS SHOW AS A WHOLE,NOT BY EACH CLASS AND WE HAVE TO DO WHAT IS BEST FOR MMTTPA.I PERSONALLY WAS NOT I FAVOR OF THIS MOVE BUT THE CLASSES WERE ALWAYS SET UP SO YOU HAD A MAIN CLASS TO COMPETE IN AND THEN YOU COULD JUMP UP AND TEST OR TUNE TO BETTER YOU MACHINE IN ANOTHER CLASS.THAT BEING SAID IN THIS ECONOMY OUR PRICE THAT INCLUDES PRIZE MONEY,SLED,SCALES,LASER, AND TRACK OFFICIALS HAS US GROWING.WE ALL WANT MORE PRIZE MONEY IN OUR CLASSES THAT WE PULL BUT WE ALSO HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT TOWNS/FAIRS AND BENEFITS TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO PUT ON A SHOW SO WE HAVE A PLACE TO PULL!! OUR MAIN CONCERN IS THE PROMOTER AND THAT THEY HAVE A GOOD SHOW AND WE NEED 10 CLASSES THAT ARE COMPETITIVE SO WE PUT ON A GOOD SHOW FOR THEM TO RAISE MONEY FOR THERE CAUSE.OK,WE WERE SHORT IN THE PRO FIELD CLASSES AND THE BOARD MADE SOME CHANGES FOR THE 2010 SEASON THAT SOME ARE NOT HAPPY ABOUT BUT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE WITH,I PERSONNALLY FOUGHT HARD TO GET THE PF CLASS BACK AND AGREED WITH THE RULES WE NOW HAVE SO ALL PF TRACTORS IN THE AREA CAN COME AND PULL AND GET SOME NUMBERS BACK IN THE CLASS.NOW,THIS JUST SHOWS ALL CLASSES HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO JOIN,SHOW UP AND PULL AND LAST SHOW UP TO THE RULES MEETING AND VOTE FOR CLASSES AND BOARD MEMBERS AND BE A PART OF YOUR ORGANIZATION,SO AGAIN WE HAVE A PLACE TO PULL!! DONT BLAME ONE OR TWO FOR THIS,ALL OF US WORK VERY HARD AND SPEND LOTS OF MONEY TO COMPETE IN THIS SPORT FOR THE RETURN,WE DO IT CAUSE WE LOVE IT,I CAN TELL YOU IF YOUR DOING FOR THE MONEY,YOUR IN THE WRONG SPORT.LETS GO PULLIN STOP BITCHIN AND FIX THIS.ANY QUESTIONS GIVE ME A CALL ...573-216-6481 THANK YOU BILL BROUK MMTTPA

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 12, 2010 11:09AM
Thanks Bill and I'll help ya out, anyone is welcome to call me on any of the new rules for clarification or questions.

Thanks
Tom Bruckerhoff MMTTPA Board Member
573-205-9784

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 12, 2010 07:45PM
Thanks Bill and Tom. Glad to see I wasn't beatin a dead horse on this forum for nothin! Smiling Lookin forward to a great summer, and the first round is on me at the banquet!
Scott Luebbering

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 13, 2010 03:00AM
hey scott, i havent been an innocent by-stander on this issue either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i would like to be included in this "round" also!!! LOL!

Marc " TINY" Rackers 573-291-8294 but of course several people know this already.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 12, 2010 01:29PM
Bill Brouk... Stop shouting at us!Cool

Bret

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 12, 2010 01:34AM
You are all probably the same couple of keyboard pullers in the first place stating the same thing over and over, you have a dedicated class to pull in but if you don't want to pull its your decision. First of all, pick up the phone and call anyone on the board that represents the tractor classes and I'm sure they'll be glad to explain and listen to your concerns or even ask if you can come to the board meeting if it is that much of an issue for a couple of you. If this is such a shame why is the other association taking similar measures and furthermore talk to your fellow profield pullers that didn't want to run over 3000 rpms. The profield class is to the point where a few need to man up and step up and all this whining on here really makes your class look like a real problem free class. The only way your going to get a true profield class is to go back to running stock frame rails, 3lm, no water injection and a few other things to bring it back to a starter class and will be represented at a few pulls this year to see what happens from what I heard. As of right now you just have a nuetered 8200 prostock tractor so don't blame no one but yourself for getting to this point and make up your mind just what you want. My opinion, if you can run in a prostock class and win with a profield tractor, I think your in the wrong class or there is no big difference between the two. But I think I understand why since if you could pull competitively in two profield classes guranteeing yourself a top two all the time you could bring home more money than pulling once with a prostock tractor. Pick up a phone and call or next time come to the rules meeting.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 12, 2010 02:02AM
At what pulls are mid mo going to have a 3lm class?

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 12, 2010 03:16AM
I have been keeping an eye on this issue for a few days now. I am a pro field puller with Mid Mo and have been on the board in the past. I for one hated to see the two classes cut back to one because I pull one class and my son pulls the other. So that being said I intend to try to get down to 8200# and hook the pro stock class. I would not even consider turning up my rpms because the clutch and various other parts would not last long. I would though like to see a 500# weight allowance just to save a lot of time and money. Yea I know not gonna happen, Oh well I guess limproinmo is safe from me anyway. I do agree with Mr To Everyone about the starter class and the rules he mentioned, but its too late for that. As for the pro field and pro stock classes being to close it happens in vertually every motorsport I guess. Every one wants to up grade and get more POWER. When the p pump rule was put into effect at Mid Mo it was known that we would loose tractors. We had 4 to 5 dedicated pro field pullers at the time. Some were driving past east central pulls to get to ours because we were still running stock appearing pumps. They were going to upgrade to p pumps the next year anyway. We were getting a lot of promises from the east central pullers that if we changed the pump rule we would gain tractors, so it happened at the rules meeting. This made the class closer to pro stock and look at last years numbers. Everyone was running p pumps and east centrals pay out is better so they gained the tractors not Mid Mo. Imagine that, more money more tractors. Sad but true. Now this year, the board has decided that the pro field will run 2.75" chargers instead of 2.5". Closer yet to the pro stock class. Anyone see a pattern here. So is there really an answer? We were going to loose tractors if we didnt go p pump and we did loose tractors a several pulls by going p pump. The low numbers last year should not have been a suprise with all things considered. Looks to me like this could have been the year for a come back but I guess the decision has been made. Good luck to all and above all try to have fun.

Re: Mid Mo Tractor pullers Payback March 12, 2010 08:57PM
It's funny how the discussions are the same no matter where you go...

Had a Hot Farm puller ask me why Pro Stocks get more money than Hot Stocks.
Told him it's very simply to get him Pro Stock money - "BUILD a Pro Stock".
His reply: "No, that's too expensive and I can only hook one class".... "See.. that's why they get more money"....
He didn't like that answer...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 09:11PM by Sascha.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009