heartland tractor pullers March 01, 2010 12:38AM
Courious about this heartland pullers in iowa. I was courious if they were all antique pullers or what classes they have? Also is there payback any good? Has anyone booked them how was the show? What do they charge and how many hooks do you get roughly? Any info would be a great help... Dave.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 01, 2010 02:46AM
htpa.biz has all the classes. They have just about everything. If the sled doesn't break, they can get through it in pretty good time though. You are allowed two hooks per tractor. Good group of people. Smiling

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 01, 2010 01:08PM
i am a member of the htpa. the payback isn't the best but i think i can talk for a lot of people in our club and say that we don't really care. we all have a blast and enjoy pulling with each other. there are classes for just about anything you want to pull. from from light na tractors to hot farm to pro stock when they want to pull with us. at the end of last year we were averaging over 100 hooks per show. For more info on prices and a schedule for this year you can go to the htpa website and get the contact info. at our rules meeting and banquet this past weekend i think we have potentially 12 pulls this year. i for one am proud to be a htpa member and i think Jim Vorwald and family along with other members do a hell of a job with this club and i am excited for this year.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 02, 2010 01:11AM
Thanks alot,i went to the website and got some info. I did not see any smoker classes though. Do you offer any? I heard there was a deal on a tractor benefit were someone kept a tractor from a guy in a bad way. That is why i was courious on the credibility of this club.I am intrested in having them at our venue, But wanted some feedback first. Thanks.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 02, 2010 11:02AM
there are smoker classes for just about eveyone. we have just made a light turbo class 360 cubes or less 3lm turbo 3000rpms or non turbo any cubes open rpms. there are 10 mph smoker classes for the farmers and other people to bring their tractors and just have some fun. there is also hot farm classes with no speed. 8500-9000 lb 426 cu or less 3000 rpms and 9500-10000 466 cu 3000 rpms. we have semi classes also as well as diesel trucks. as far as someone keeping a tractor im not sure, i think it was a huge misunderstanding. just curious what venue you are talking about.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 02, 2010 12:38PM
I am also a member and part of some of the smoker classes, I know some people have video of pulls and I even have a couple down loaded on youtube if you would like some examples.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 01:10AM
We were possibly thinking of doing something down here by gooselake. I was told that we should look else where because of a deal on a benefit were one of your cheifs kept a tractor that was suppose to go to be for a gentleman in a bad way. We just did not want to give our money to someone that would do such a thing.Also would we draw a crowd because good news travels fast. That was our concerns. Thanks for your help we will be in touch as this unfolds.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 03:16AM
There was a meeting on Saturday, and I am sure the web site will be updated as soon as they can so that pullers can get their tractors ready for the pulling season. And as far as the benefit last year, the gentleman that the benefit was for, under my understanding, and I know it for a fact, that there was to be some tradeing of equipment to help pay for the tractor, but it never happened, so sence that didn't happen he didn't get the tractor. He knew and agreed that it was never going to be just given to him without paying for the parts on the tractor.Yes there were some parts donated, but very few, it did not add up to very much. I don't know how this ever got started, but maybe someone is just trying to get something started. I think it's time to just let it rest and let it be. and if the gentleman that they had the benefit for wants the tractor, then he needs to do what he promised. I pull with the club once and awhile and they are a great group of guys. Have a great pulling season!

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 05:01AM
What weight are they gonna have for the 360 cube turbo's? Sounds like it could be an interesting class... Smiling

Re: heartland tractor pullers May 05, 2010 09:30AM
hey Dave why don"t you call Big Jim or are you to chicken @#$%& ure the same guy that tried to get that @#$%& started the lat time if your name is really Dave Jim and his family are good pepople

Re: heartland tractor pullers May 06, 2010 04:28PM
Hey Tony,

Clearly you only know "Big Jim's" side of the story, or else you would not be so missinformed. Yes he probably has a good family, and he him self surly has done good things in the past. This however does not excuse his decieving of so many all to bennifit himself in the end. So if your definition of a good man is some one who decieves others including the dying, to in the end bennifit himself then you sir have your man in "Big Jim"!

Seek the truth Tony, somtimes good peopel do bad things and that does not make it ok.

"Big Jim" started out with good intentions of hellping a fellow puller, he got many involved who then collectivly raised funds to help offset hospital bills for the sick man. Somewhere along the line though of soliciting all of the donations of parts and labor to build a tractor that was to be given to the very sick man, your "Big Jim" fell in love with the tractor and lost site of his orginal intent of building the tractor for the sick man.

Your buddy "Big Jim" decieved many, took advantage of the circumstances of a very sick man, and the good will and generousity of many, for what? a stupid tractor that he then sheepishly hid, latter trided to sell here on Pull Off, to no avail, and then parted out and sold to family and freinds. Oh yes this was the same tractor that he so openly told every one who donated parts, labour, time and money for would then be given to a very sick man to help offset his hospital bills. Well when it came time for the sick man to get the tractor your "Big Jim" started story telling and would not follow through on his commitment. His plan worked perfectly, he new he could outlast the the dying man and then the tractor would be all his, and then every one would forget his missdeed. Well the first two parts of his plan worked out well, not the last.

So you may want to ask some others around the eastern Iowa pulling circuit before you reach your conclusive declarations of saint hood for your beloved "Big Jim"

Sorry Tony I guess all these years working on the farm have decreased my tolarance for those who try to sweep things under the rug rather then man up and take responsibility for their actions. I don't tractor pull, but I am a fan. I have enjoyed watching the Heartland pullers, they put on a good show. I have spoken to a number of the pullers in the club and they are good peopel, it's unfortunate their leader acted in such a distasteful manner.

Have a good life Tony.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 07:43AM
thre is no way i would let this club put on anything in front of my home crowd. i know a few people that donated things that had the same impression about the benefit tractor as i do and i think the guy was really ripped off. i guess you have heard their side and now you should talk to the guy in maquokota ia who was suppose to get the tractor and see what his version is.. for the sake of the person who screwed him, i hope you dont pull anywhere, but for the rest of the club, good luck and good tractor pulling for this summer

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 11:56AM
like i said, i think it was a big misunderstanding and people can go round and round all day but enough with that. As for the 360 cu class the weight is going to be 6000 and 6500 lb classes. just something new this year to see what kind of interest it gets. as far as dave, our club would be more than happy to put on a show at your venue if everything works out. we offer a wide veriety of classes for pullers to come and have fun and plenty of entertainment for the crowd. thanks for your interest and hope to maybe see you this summer

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 01:38PM
how open is your open class? what is the differance between class 6,7, and 8?

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 02:43PM
class 6 is non turbo- open rpms- one fuel
class 7 is ANYTHING goes- run what you brung- just have all safety equipment
class 8 is non turbo- 3000 rpm limit and no down draft carbs

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 02:49PM
class 6 no rpms, one fuel, ? alky, down draft carbs? injection? 18.4 38's any cut?

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 02:59PM
yeah open rpms. no nitrious or nitro methane 18.4 tires any cut- fuel injection is allowed and so is alcohol. just have tie bars steel flywheel double disc clutch and so on

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 03:06PM
what about converted heads, and 466's in 4010's or dt360's in farmall's

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 03:10PM
nothing in the rules that say u cant. we had a moline with a 800cu motor hooked up to a five star rear

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 03:12PM
they pulled some 3000 rpm classes but i think they ran open rpms a few times

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 03:16PM
thanks, will have to come watch a few pulls this summer!

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 03:20PM
youre more than welcome. it should be a interesting and fun year.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 11:50PM
Do they have any rules in place for a v8 modified class?

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 04, 2010 12:35AM
Why not have nitrous and nitro? It would just add more to your show. That would be awesome to get that kind of power at the punch of a button.
If its nat asp then I think it should be allowed. Sounds like fun.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 04, 2010 02:24PM
To Dave and your orginal question, about the HTPA group. Yes they put on a good show, lots of variety and a good bunch of pullers. The promoter is a hand full and be ready for lots of cussing and very foul language if he does not get his way.

As for the tractor that was supposed to have been donated, well lots of pullers are still trying to figure that one out, I can tell you that allot of us know that it was allot more then a missunderstanding. What we know for sure is that Denny never got the tractor that so many were told he was going to get. Due your owen dudiligence and I think you will find the truth rather quickly on this unfortunate and disturbing set of circumstances.

Have a great event who ever you have come in, and please post your event as pullers here in south eastern Iowa would love to come to your pull.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 06, 2010 05:26AM
I seen there show and it is like watching paint dry! Just a glorified antique pull seeing the same guy over and over. The sled is always second rate as is track prep and maitnence.
The very large guy is always showing up at the last minute to do track work and is real opinionated and not open to opinions. If he is in charge someone is losing money for sure. My opinion i would not hire a man who fails at farming and trucking to put on a show or be in charge of a club i am spending money on! aka indian giver..

Re: heartland tractor pullers April 06, 2010 03:26AM
dave, if you really want to know about these club members, one of them had passed away. at the wake, 4 of us showed up.nobody else from the club was there. its really sad you cant pay respect to a very nice man that has pulled along time with these guys. i am very ashamed of everyone in that club. i WILL NOT be pulling with them at all. id rather leave the tractor sit than pull with somebody that doesnt have respect for themselves let alone anyone else.

Re: heartland tractor pullers April 06, 2010 08:13AM
i no who you are taliking about that passed and i didnt no him very much. i heard of his passing and you no something i would rather remember him with the smile on his face like the last time i saw him at a pull then in a box. my sympathy goes out to his family for their loss. he was a good man. so if you are so ashamed of EVERYONE in our cub then i dont want to pull with you anyway.if you have problems with an individual then take it up with that person. dont bad mouth all the good people that are in are club

Re: heartland tractor pullers May 03, 2010 12:27PM
Sounds like you must be feeling guilty since you have so much anger in your message. Seems like some one was just pointing out the fact's related to a very very sad outcome to what had been a good event for Denny. The club is full of good people, maybe your one of them. The reality is you heartless leader took advantage of a dying man and he will have to live with that for the rest of his life. Many will come to his defense because the club is more important then honesty, truth and self respect. Many will come to his defense because they are beholding to him for parts, tractor work, or family. Many will come to his defense because he has been busy spining stories to cover his tracks and they probably have never heard the truth. Many will come to his defense because they are in fear of him, or in fear of loosing points, or in fear of standing up to the big bully and the rath that that entails. So yea lots of good people in the Hertand club, and when a club member passes they can choose to honor that in any way they choose, It was nice to hear that some Heartland members were at Denny's funeral.

Hope all have a safe pulling season

Re: heartland tractor pullers April 06, 2010 11:38AM
You've got to be kidding, right!! I pull with htpa and i knew who Denny was and had maybe said hello a time or two but I can't say that I knew him. So now I'm the $$$hole for not attending his funeral!! I didn't even know he had passed until a week after , I prob. wouldn't have gone anyway. That doesn't mean that I didn't respect him as a husband,father,grandpa etc. I just didn't know him!!
My thoughts and prayers are with the family. For Denny's sake give it a rest>

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 03, 2010 09:13AM
Check with IAMO Pullers. www.iamopullers.com They put on a great show and draw good crowds.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 04, 2010 07:41AM
Any idea when your schedule will be posted?

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 04, 2010 08:03AM
the mod can run in the no rules class. just have your safety equipment. we decided on no nitrous because of the explosion factor although i agree i think it would be kind of cool. and the schedule i think will be posted within the next couple of weeks. thanks

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 07, 2010 02:35PM
your all idiots some one blowing smokeup your but. talking about things they know nothing about. htpa is a good groupbut i would go for twin states myself over iamo i would take htpa over iamo to.

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 07, 2010 02:44PM
looks like someone has their thong in a twist !!

Re: heartland tractor pullers March 07, 2010 03:22PM
big fellow in a thong. i will have nightmare for week

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009