AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 01:10AM
Regretfully, we are going to be forced to CANCAL the noise weekend of the 2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out scheduled for March 5-6, 2010. This is due to poor attendance during the diesel weekend and weaker advance ticket sales for the noise weekend. We feel it would be better to just stop the process now and REFUND ALL ENTRY FEES and what few advanced tickets and pit passes that have been sold. We ask for understanding and let us contact you instead of everyone calling us at once for explanations on our decision. Sorry for any inconvenience we have caused.

The Purse checks for the diesel weekend will be mailed out as soon as possible. Please don’t worry. We will get everyone paid that placed in the top 10 this weekend. Thanks Klint Tucker Whatssmokin Promotions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2010 01:34AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: 2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 01:17AM
Sorry to hear about it Klint, but thanks for the effort in trying to do this. I think this highlights why there aren't more indoor events in the winter. For whatever reason, it's just hard to draw a crowd.

Re: 2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 01:56AM
Yeah sorry to hear about that, but thanks for having us down this weekend. We had a good time and it was a great show, lots of iron.

Re: 2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 05:56AM
Sorry to hear that. but it sounds like a smart decision. if you cant get fans for smoke then you really wont get any fans for noise especially it that part of the country.

Re: 2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 06:20AM
Klint hang in there buddy we had a great time last weekend and we understand you are doing the right thing !!

And if anyone wants to complain let them go out on the limb and try to put on a indoor pull it is a lot of work and takes a lot of money.

Re: 2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 06:57AM
I am personally very disappointed that the "noise" weekend has been cancelled, as this would have been a great event, with lots of variety. Especially looking forward to seeing FWD and MOD.
In the end though it is a promoter decision, which I know as a promoter, that it was probably a hard decision to make.
Looking forward to more indoor offseason hooks in the future for FWD,MOD,TWD,Minis.

Re: 2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 06:29AM
To bad we had big plans to come down from MO just to watch. were really looking forward to it. But understand, been there in the past and has been a great time. good luck for next winter.

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 06:19AM
Well.... on the bright side of things... our tractor is ready for the regular season. We wont have to turn wrenches till June now.

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 07:12AM
On our way home yesterday from DuQuoin we talked about how fortunate we were to have someone like Klint and his gang put these winter pulls on. We were adding up in our heads what it cost to enter and what he pays back. Does not leave much for Klint. He has to have good fan turnout. Think about sled rental, labor, office supplies, work tractors, building rental and suringes!!!! Just kidding on the suringes!!! Our thoughts were why would anyone want that headache. He better be making money at it. When we went into DuQuoin to eat or buy something we noticed there wasn't much enthusiam or support from local businesses. Gordyville still rules for indoor winter pull. Lets help Klint find a community that will support truck/tractor pulling. There is no doubt that whatssmoking productions can put on a great pull. Hopefully the Iowa state fairgrounds will be able to do something indoors in the near future. Thanks again Klint!

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 09:18AM
Disappointed to hear about the "Noise" weekend! Was looking forward to coming down. Hopefully you can give DuQuoin a shot again in 2011! I was looking forward to seeing the 'Noise" classes as those are my favorite group to watch. Good luck with planning for 2011 Gordyville!

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 09:45AM
I to am also greatly disappointed about the cancellation this weekend, was reallly lookinf forward to it as I greatly prefer noise over smoke!

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 10:17AM
peoria civic center

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 10:25AM
Sorry to hear about that Klint. We pulled during Smoke weekend and had a great time. Hope you can do it next year.

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 12:23PM
I too am dissapointed!!! Was looking forward to making a few passes with the blown mini rod!!! All ready for summer now. Good luck and thanks to you Klint for trying to give us mini`s a indoor pull!!!!!!!
maybe next year????
Perry

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 01:55PM
The trouble is here in southern IL is that people are more into high school basketball,pee wee basketball tournaments and the like. Heck, I pulled Friday night and couldn't get family members to come watch, they went to basketball games!

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 03:28PM
Klint.. keep up the good work, We made the trip down to DuQuion the 1st yr... and all the others since then.. We love the facility! Hoping you can make something happen in 2011.. Thanks to all your helpers.. the same girls that were taking money in Gordyville, were there in DuQuion, then later that night they were collecting for the 50/50.. Your crew must really love helping out! You have a good group of people helping, I sure wish you all the luck, and where ever, and when ever you have a pull, guarantee our butts will be in the seats!!!

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 01, 2010 05:35PM
Did this have anything to do with the pull in Ohio?

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 02, 2010 02:37AM
Why would it? Klint said te reason for it. Eaton I don't think would take people attending the pull away since its like over hours away/

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 02, 2010 06:35AM
As a helper of Klint's for many years we very much appreciate all the positive feedback! We try our very best to put on an enjoyable show for the fans and also a very competitive program from the pullers. Please keep Whatssmokin promotions in mind if you think you may have a good location for an indoor pull because we are always looking to try new facilities and put on the best program possible.

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 02, 2010 07:20AM
Im sorry that it cancelled,because i am a huge fan of pulling. Indoor pulls dont come close to outdoor pulls. BOOOOORRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG. Cant stand a sand pile at 250 or 260.

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 02, 2010 10:00AM
keep your stupid opionin to your self they work hard to put the pull on thanks whatssmokin group both pulls were fun

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 02, 2010 10:05AM
Beagle you have a funny way of showing that you are a big fan of pulling. I have read several of your posts on this site and all you seem to do is beat the heck out of pullers, promoters and pulling organizations. It doesn't matter if the events are indoor or outdoor you always have a negative report. I went to smoke weekend and had a great time. I appreciate all of the work that Klint and his crew did. Hope Klint and his crew can find success in the future.

Thank you Klint and the whatssmokin group March 02, 2010 11:21AM
Love pulling indoors something my family has dreamed of doing since it started years ago at the indy super pull. Was one of the greatest days of pulling when we won the finals in duquoin a couple of years ago. Its nice especially as a pro farm puller to have the opportunity not only to pull indoors in the winter but to also be able to pull against tractors that i would never have the oportunity to compete against if it was not for the rules that klint and his group have worked so hard to mesh together to make it fair for every organization possible. I think the family of tractor pulling should give him a great thank you for taking the sport to a whole new level of winter time fun.

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 03, 2010 12:19AM
Sorry to hear about the cancelled weekend. There is a group of fans who will come out to pull and watch if invited.....diesel trucks.

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 03, 2010 02:34AM
Thanks Klint for trying to put on a show Really a big thanks for having a place for the minis to go seems everyone else dont care enough to let us play in the winter time seems that most people only like smoke its fine that they do but dont forget bout us little guys that only have a place to play is on warmer weather always look forward to going to a whatssmokin event! Hope that we do it in 2011. The thing is that if you cant get people to go watch smoke it seems that it is always harder to have them come watch noise. I have always thought highly of you for what you do for us in the world of pulling keep up the good work.

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 03, 2010 02:48AM
DuQuoin,part of the problem is in the atmosphere and timing,it is after louisville and many fans have had their winter fix for pulling,they have spent their entertainment dollars,the building is very generic look at the dull walls of emptiness every one looks up and around,the fan does not see anything that says excitement,DuQuoin has never drawn a crowd and it is not because the pulling is anything short of excellent,it just has not became a go to location for many of the pulling fans.Klint and crew have put their best into it.What do other people think?

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 03, 2010 02:59PM
Maybe it would be something different to have a late fall pull instead as a way to end the year

Re: AngryThumbs Down2010 Southern Illinois Shoot Out Noise Weekend is CANCELLED!!! March 04, 2010 09:39AM
We were planning on heading to DuQuoin this weekend to watch the noise tractors. Disappointed that they cancelled but we understand. We were not able to attend both weekends so had planned for the noise weekend. We would have went last weekend - but understand that things happen. Thank you Klint and everyone else that puts a lot of hard work and effort into putting on shows.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009