Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 03:15AM
Ok, i'm just curious here, cuz i'm pretty green at this pulling stuff but want to try my hand at it.. I have a 1086, and i was wondering about pumps... i have heard a bunch in the past, and from people at county fairs n stuff...Well here's my question...

are all 15mm model100 pumps "big nut" pumps? Or are there 15mm pumps that aren't big nut pumps? And does anyone know what size wrench would fit on this "big nut" or anything like that to tell by looking at the outside of the pump if it's an actual 15mm pump? Reason i'm asking is because i was under the understanding that all 15mm pumps from hypermax were "big nut" pumps, and i'm going to look at a pump that a guy has, and he said it's a 15mm hypermax pump. So i want to know before i buy, so i know what i'm getting, or not getting.

thanks guys and gals

Re: Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 03:21AM
Most of Hypers old 15 mill pumps were the big nut. Not sure when they changed it, but you can get a Hyper 15 in a small nut. I know alot of the newer 15 pumps are the small nut. Not sure what size nut the big nut is, but you will be able to tell the difference. They are alot bigger. If you go with a 15, make sure you have a pusher pump pushing fuel to it so it doesn't starve it for fuel. Hope it helps

Re: Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 03:30AM
how much fuel pressure do i need? should i have a gauge on it at the filter? or right by the pump? this stuff is all pretty new to me. what are the safe ranges of fuel pressure, and what kind of pump should i be using?

Re: Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 03:43AM
on our 13, we ran around 80 psi.

Re: Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 09:54AM
You need a holey blue pusher pump. Dont leave the start line till you have 100 psi.Put gauge on dash where you can see it.Do not put regulator in line.Let pump pump all it can. hope this helps in the red performance parts

Re: Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 11:22AM
We never got nowhere close to 80-100# pressure and had a black holly pump. I do agree on 80-100# pressure on a mod 100, we finally went with a belt drive and now have pressure to play with. Somone out there probally has a electric pump that will do the job, any comment.

Re: Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 11:49AM
the holy blue is the only one we install on model 100 pumps. but you have to plum it wright.we always get the 100psi

Re: Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 12:09PM
WE tried two holley blues ,had returns blocked off . ITdidnt work good .go with the tuthill supply pump will end your problems and will work for an a pump or a p pump when you move up. we were using a hyper 15mm pump good luck,

Re: Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 12:36PM
you can use the stock supply pump on a model 100 ,,up to a 13mm head, set at 60 to 80 psi,,,,,,15 or 16 mm heads will need a larger volume pump,,,also use a .010 orifice in the return . hyper sells a nice kit just for that setup,,,,,, its a belt drive,easy to install,,and i think its about 895.00,,,,,,,, and it works,,,,,,,,,call mike ricketts if u have any questions,410-259-7505

Re: Model 100 pumps for international March 03, 2010 01:53PM
I had a belt driven supply pump that only had 60 psi and the 15mil did just fine. Not saying it right or wrong but I do know on a p pump, if the pressure is too high, you can stick a plunger or rail. Not sure about too much pressure on a rotary though. If your going to put this big a pump on, I hope you looked into a double disk clutch, injectors, lines, and possibly some tranny work and a larger input shaft. You might be able to get by for a little bit, but it always catches up to you in the end.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,958, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,041.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009