New / Old Idea...A Puller's IROC Series March 06, 2010 01:58PM
So I was reading a number of posts on the Shramek tractor and such and who is actually the King of Smoke and it triggered a thought. Although the series disbanded in 2007, I think it would be interesting to see a "truck and tractor pullers" version of the IROC series. The cars were all made the same and prepared/set-up by a single team of mechanics. I believe they pulled drivers from NASCAR, Indy/IRL, NHRA, and road course disciplines to run in the series, but this might be something different. Why not keep the drivers in the classes they are used to driving, still having a single team set up the tractors while one builder makes all the tractors. Have the likes of Shramek, Lehn, Gettinger, and others in the SSD class all pulling the same identically made/set-up machine, just using their driving ability and track reading skills to try to better the other drivers. I know we all can make comparisons for each tractor and truck class, but I find this very interesting.

Ok, back to reality now. There is not enough money and not enough sponsors that would allow this dream to become a reality. But oh how fun would it be to watch.

Re: New / Old Idea...A Puller's IROC Series March 06, 2010 02:09PM
It's much more fun to watch it the way it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: New / Old Idea...A Puller's IROC Series March 07, 2010 03:10AM
they already have that its called the rei pro stock class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009