Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 10, 2010 11:57AM
We will be having a meeting at the Readstown Community Building Sunday March 14,2010 at around 6:00 PM. The building is next to the pull track at the park just off highways 14 & 131. Anyone interested in keeping tractor pulling going in SW WI is invited to attend. Some of the things we are planing on discussing are a 4-cylinder & big cube NA class and improved farm classes as well as antique and farm classes.

Sorry it took so long to get this all arranged so please tell anybody you know about this and if you can not make it by six let us know and we will wait to talk about what your concerns are until you can make it.

Any questions contract Jeff Parr at 608-632-4020 or Justin Manning at 608-475-0661 or any of the other pullers in the Readstown area.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 14, 2010 02:49PM
Anyone have anything to report from the meeting? I couldn't make it.....

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 14, 2010 03:45PM
i thought that they made some good progress tonight. thankfully everyone got along and worked together. hope to see a great turn out at all the local pulls in the area.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 14, 2010 03:55PM
Kids must have tractor safety certificate and be able to drive tractor onto the track by them self.

Antique
-no radial tires
-16.9-28 or smaller or 15.5-38 or smaller
-18" drawbar height, not longer than 14" from end of pto
-10% over on rpm's for model of tractor
-3mph pace
-4500,5500,6500 lb classes

Open/Farm Antique
-3000 rpm
-20" drawbar
-5mph pace
-18.4-38 or smaller
-non-cut radials or cut-bias
-turbos allowed
-5500,6500lb classes

Open/hot farm
-7mph pace
-3000 rpm
-cross bolts in stack/air shut off/wheelie bars
-7500,8500 lb classes

4 cylinder turbo big NA class
-????????????????????
-?????????????????????
-3000 rpm
-ask at each pull ( Readstown and Retreat will be 8500 & 9500 any 4 cylinder turbo any big cube NA)

8500-9500 Farm
-drawbar ?
-2750 rpm
-5mph pace
-cast wheels
-cubes ??????????
- 4 cylinder turbos??????????????????
-(Readstown & Retreat will be no turbos,407 cube limit,20" drawbar)

Improved farm
-20" drawbar
-cross bolts/air shut off/ wheelie bars
-18.4-42 or 20.8-38
-8500/9500/11500/12500
-some kind of turbo and pump limit (talk to Manning)
-rpm???????????

Turbo Farm
-out of the box 3lm or TO 4 turbo
-20.8-38 or smaller
-3000 rpm
-10500/12000/13500/15000

Open Farm
-12000/13000
-3000 rpm
-if it blows smoke bring it

DISCLAIMER ONLY TELLING YOU WHAT WAS TALKED ABOUT EVERYTHING SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 14, 2010 04:28PM
This meeeting was a joke we were there and nothing got discussed other than if you want to pull 8500 9500 NA you better have a 4020 or 4010 I mean GET REAL dwight there are other brands out there! You talk stock stock stock but was the old woodpecker tractor stock I DONT THINK SO!! I for one will not be pulling that direction hope that Manning doesn't follow their mistakes!! Just my 2 pennies!!!

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 12:01AM
At least we got together and had a talk about what is going on. Haven't seen anyone else try to do this. Just to bad that no other company built a good 8500 or 9500 pound tractor to pull.
To "I was there "if your from the Cuba City area let's make a deal right now, you stay down there and we will stay up here. There is a good group of the 8500 and 9500 as close to farm tractors as you can get right now, these classes work for us and we can make them work. Also we will have a class for you guys that want to build a 466,504 or what ever.
Last year at two pulls in the area we made a class for you big cube NA's, how many of you came up?

If any body else has any comments you would like to post please post your real name or call one of us and talk to us in person.

On a side note don't you just love how the internet makes everybody a expert when you don't have to use your real name, I think that if you can't use your real name you might as well wright your comments on a bath room wall some place.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 02:06AM
I love the "keyboard pullers"! I think most things went well last night. There was some lines drawn last night no everybody just obey if you don't like what was put in place then come to the meeting next year and voice your opinion! As far as the 8500 9500 I got a solution for you guys up there Jeff do a local and an outside class?! It seems to work at Viola and it keeps boys coming to the pull you don't want to turn away hooks. I say good job to Jimmer also I have been the guy up front and it is not fun or easy but I felt he did a good job keeping everybody in check!

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 12:12AM
I was there Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This meeeting was a joke we were there and nothing
> got discussed other than if you want to pull 8500
> 9500 NA you better have a 4020 or 4010 I mean GET
> REAL dwight there are other brands out there! You
> talk stock stock stock but was the old woodpecker
> tractor stock I DONT THINK SO!! I for one will not
> be pulling that direction hope that Manning
> doesn't follow their mistakes!! Just my 2
> pennies!!!

The old woodpecker tractor was a 4020 with a 404 with a turbo. I grew up with Chris and spent a lot of time around that tractor. The motor was then put in a 4010 witch was pulled in the 6750 class, then it was put in a 3010 that I bought,then it was put in a 4010 and still is in a 4010 and now is still used on a farm owned by Mike Olson from Taylor.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 12:35AM
jeff parr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was there Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This meeeting was a joke we were there and
> nothing
> > got discussed other than if you want to pull
> 8500
> > 9500 NA you better have a 4020 or 4010 I mean
> GET
> > REAL dwight there are other brands out there!
> You
> > talk stock stock stock but was the old
> woodpecker
> > tractor stock I DONT THINK SO!! I for one will
> not
> > be pulling that direction hope that Manning
> > doesn't follow their mistakes!! Just my 2
> > pennies!!!
>
> The old woodpecker tractor was a 4020 with a 404
> with a turbo. I grew up with Chris and spent a lot
> of time around that tractor. The motor was then
> put in a 4010 witch was pulled in the 6750 class,
> then it was put in a 3010 that I bought,then it
> was put in a 4010 and still is in a 4010 and now
> is still used on a farm owned by Mike Olson from
> Taylor.

If you have any questions on any other 4010 that Dwight has owned I've owned most of them too,including the 4010 that Chis pulled as well as the 4010 that Richard Rosemeyer pulled.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 04:35AM
Hey guys...sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting...I would of liked to of made it..but had a St. Patty's Day party at our bar in Soldiers Grove. I talked to a few of the antique guys on their way up to the meeting and told them I would be putting on the Grove Pull on June 19th. The plan is to run antiques from 11-2....street diesel trucks at 2-3...and 3-6 run some your farm tractor classes and hot farm......from 6 til over..... 2.6 diesel trucks, 3.0 diesel trucks..and open stock gas...I also plan on adding semi's and two diesel tractor classes.
Any questions give me a call 608-632-3178
Guy

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 01:57AM
Hey sorry i could not make it guys had to milk the cows. I think it looks good and hope that i will beable to fit in somewhere. Had fun pulling up there last year and looking forward to this year. Chadd Yager

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 02:35AM
I was Happy to hear what the pullers from that direction had to say last night. I made the trip to try to find middle ground for our areas to agree on due to the fact an hour apart doesn't seem like a good distance to have two different ideas as to what should happen. Any ideas for Cuba City please feel free to contact me. Hope everyone has a good summer.

On another note, I would like to apologize to Mr. Leahy. I know he made the trip to the meeting also and I hope I didn't spoil it for him. I made a comment concerning Mr. Leahy that I should not have. I'm hoping to try to help make the summer fun for all and I personally failed with that toward The Leahy family last night. Mr Leahy seems like a great guy that is out to have fun this summer with his son and I wish them the best luck this year. Sorry again Randy.

Brian Mueller (608)732-0653
Just to be certain, (I was there) was not my post and feel it has nothing to do with Cuba City to my knowledge. Thanks again

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 05:31AM
Brian Thanks Alot no hard feelings Randy.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 05:32AM
To add to the antique class , I believe they are going to allow pressed steel rims, this is not intended for tractors to be stripped down in weight, but because they are usually cheaper and easier to find, also, no cut tires.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 15, 2010 10:08AM
so what did they decide 4020 class or other trtactors can run ?

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 16, 2010 02:08AM
To answer your question Mark make sure if you go to readstown or retreat that you have a 4020 only since that is the name of the class and make sure that you finish behind Leer, Vesbach, and Parr and you should be alright to pull with them! Sounds like Manning is going to split them up and run a local whiners class and then a class of if you make weight you can pull class!

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 16, 2010 03:03AM
Can we all just learn to get along and maybe come up with some solutions to maybe give everybody a place to make some hooks and have a little fun? After all isn't that what this sport is all about? No matter what there will always be cheaters and rule benders but always remember they are easy to find because they are the ones who cry the loudest when they get beat. Two things that really piss off a cheater are being out cheated by another cheater and being beat by a legal vehicle. It seems to me you are headed in the right direction on this Jeff and I wish you the best of luck down there on reaching some sort of common ground. We will be hooking with you guys this summer!Grinning

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 16, 2010 03:42AM
The weight classes are 8500 and 9500 if you read the rules we suggested making the cube limit 407 which should allow a 856 IH in the class. We just want it a natural stock farm class.

So to I was there let us know your real name and what you are pulling so we can accommodate you or make you one of those SPECIAL you win only classes for you.

Sorry for spouting off at the Cuba City guys,but if you were there you probably knew why.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 16, 2010 02:20PM
Boaz will have both a class for hot NA and for the stock guys I hope to see the southern hard runners come on up and look forward to seeing my buddies from the west to come on over(This means you Jeff!!) To the I WAS THERE either tell us your name or shut your trap I love keyboard pullers!! We had the meeting to stop the fighting if you have an opinion and was there then you should have spoke it!!!

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 17, 2010 01:39PM
Why 407 cubes? Why not 414? Are you really that affraid of a good running 966 with internal power steering beating you? Kind of curious as to your reasoning

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 17, 2010 01:54PM
414 is fine,just asked what a 856or 826 was at the meeting and nobody else brought up the 966. Now a question for you, can a 966 make 8500 lbs with cast wheels.Last year there was a 966 with a wide front that couldn't carry any weights at 9500,but insisted that he should pull in the 8500 class to.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 18, 2010 01:47AM
I don't think a 9 with external power steering can make 8500 and still have all the working options that categorize it as farm. If it has internal then you can run a narrow front end and I would agree with the guy below. Good Luck with the class

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 17, 2010 02:44PM
My cousin has pulled his 966 with stock wheels (18.4x38), wide front and fenders in 9500# class. Strip the fenders, put the narrow front on, use a lighter seat, and possibly make 8500. Use a fiberglass nose and strip the rock-shaft, easily make weight.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 17, 2010 11:28PM
Why Use cast Wheels ? Very unsafe!!!

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 18, 2010 10:44AM
Why are cast wheels unsafe at farm stock level of pulling?

DPS

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 20, 2010 08:49AM
seen a jd cast break a few years ago on a NA. some tractors had a steel rim option

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2010 08:50AM by Mark.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 20, 2010 08:51AM
What about the 4cyl turbo?

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 20, 2010 09:23AM
Why the cubic inch rule? One of the most entertaining classes to watch was the 8500 and 9500 NA. It was fun to see the Deers compete with the MM, Massey, and Olivers, not to mention the 4020's that have way more cubes then 404. So how exactly were you going to police the 4020's and 4010's that have more then 404 cubes. Cubes is not your problem when your beloved Deere's are running 3000 plus rpm (yea the foot throtel trick)
electric fuel pumps, strokers with lot's of cubes, ect. , ect. Keep it simple run a speed limit and let other brands and cubes pull, what are you afraid of Deere boys! Heck the only tractor that meets your rules is Brian Mullers tractor, it is the only stock motor out their and he has beat all of those tractors on several occasions. Please don't ruin what was an entertaining for us fans to watch. Are your JD ego's so frail that you can't stand getting beat by a non Deere from time to time?

Don't forget that we the fans pay to see a show not a John Deere convention!

Have a safe pulling season.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 20, 2010 01:36PM
if you make the speed limit slow enough cubic inches don't matter. 7mph in a na stock class is to fast 5mph would really level the playing field.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 21, 2010 05:28AM
"Boring" - Thanks for your vote of confidence towards my tractor. I am glad to hear you like our class as well, But furthermore I still cannot compete with their classes due to the fact I have steel wheels. Couldn't think about making 8,500lbs with the cast and fluid that I need in the spring of the year.

As to the speed limit thoughts, I had my tractor running the other day and was curious as to what speed I was running. 4th was 7 - 7.2mph, 3rd 6 - 6.1mph. I didn't try 2nd but i was curious as to 5th from watching competitors run it and it ran 9+mph. Given I was doing this on the flat blacktop @ 29**rpm with nothing behind me so you can probably figure to loose a few tenths. Many run 4th and I still compete in 3rd, which I believe Brandon, Levi, etc.. also run 3rd gear. I'm just thinking that your 5mph would have to be 2nd gear.

Hope everyone has a fun Summer. Brian Mueller

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 21, 2010 01:13PM
Boring I think you should buy a tractor since you no everything thing about pulling.I do have a tractor that pulls in that class. P.S I put name out Randy Leahy

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 21, 2010 03:10PM
in the open class can a badger state profarm tractor come and pull. was also wondering what the safety rules are as well. i would be interested in bringing our tractor if we had a free date.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 21, 2010 03:19PM
The two guys that were at the meeting didn't care who pulled in the 12000/13000 lb classes, If you are pulling badger classes you will have all the required safety equipment. We will have a class you could fit in at Retreat,WI. Pull will be Oct 2 this year. Classes and payback will be announced soon. Also hopping to have two pull tracks this year. Keep posted for further updates.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 21, 2010 03:16PM
I think if you have a speed limit close to what stock 100hp tractor can run you will get alot more tractors back in the class like there once was. When people started going to bigger cubes the numbers started to go down. I would like to see all kind of colors in the class. If you go to an actual speed limit maybe arround 6mph for 8500 it won't matter how much hp you have. The way the class is going its only going to be the bigger cubed tractors eventually.Maybe we could have a farm class and a open class, open speed limit.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 21, 2010 03:24PM
This is what some of us have been saying all a long. Also keep it a natural class.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 21, 2010 03:43PM
Does anyone know what they are going to do for the following pulls cuba city, lancaster,platteville, mineral point, darlington, potosi

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 23, 2010 12:53AM
Darlington will probaly be same as last year. But dont be putting a bigger turbo on a 4 cyl expecting to run, stock 1 is ok.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 23, 2010 03:20PM
Its ok for a 6cyl and V8 to be 6-800 cubes but a little 4 banger can't upgrade his turbo????????? Why don't you just go ahead and say that you don't want them pulling. Congratulations you have now just joined the likes of the boys from vernon cty with your beloved "4020" class. I bet if JD had a 4cyl with a "factory" turbo that could compete in this class we wouldn't even be having this discussion! Don't tell me about your 3020 we all know it never had a factory turbo.The truth of the matter is that not "ONLY" JD makes a good tractor for this class as stated in a prior post by Jeff Parr and that is what really gets the green guys undies in a bunch. There is a lot of different brands of tractors that would do well in this class if the the narrow minded "GREEN" guys would allow there ego to accept them. And for those of you wanting to know why pull a 4cyl turbo and not a big cube na? Its very simple, it's hell of a lot more fun to beat someone with a small motor then a big one and thats what drives these guys NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 24, 2010 05:18AM
You have to put alimit on the turbo. And for one I am for the 4cyl turbos. I like color, would like to see a 6080AC, 4 cyl massey, Leyland, evan a 3020, but you have to limit the turbo size at something. As for the ford that pulled last year I stuck up for him and said he gets to pull,

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 24, 2010 04:40PM
Brian makes a good point and I don't say this cause he is my trailer mate I am an international man and have talked to kevin lynn about my rig. The guy is down to earth and thats what he loves to talk about. Brian is good enough to say that he doesn't want to make the locals mad by pulling in there class, but give me place to hook! Throw all the tractors that run a little tough together and let the vernon county boys run a 4020 class for their kids to hook in its a win win deal. The kids don't get discouraged to pull and the guys that have done their homework can pull too. Randy I would like to get your number we were friends with Joey and would love to see his old tractor come on up and continue to play around here!

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 23, 2010 03:06PM
Boaz will have a class of stock at 5 or 6 mph pace then an open class for the bigger cubes and what not June 20th

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 23, 2010 04:37PM
I can't believe that all these people are afraid of a little 4 cyl tractor competing in there deere class and posing a threat of possibly beating them. Why wouldn't they want another tractor in there class to pull and give it a little more color than just green. It must hurt there egos that they get beat by something other than green because we. All know that its not the money cause there's not a whole lot for winning . all this sport is cheaters getting beat by better cheaters.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 24, 2010 12:16AM
The little ford has a direct phone line to Lynns. So why would a stock Ford guy need to get parts and coaching from the best LSS pullers in the country? Why can't he pull with a stock turbo and keep it together? These are questions that only the ford guys can answer.
I think the little ford guy has agreed to not pull in the "stock" 8500 & 9500 classes and pull in a improved stock class, which improved class may be in question, let's work with him to find him a home.
I don't think the"green guys" are scared of a true stock 4-cylinder turbo but any one knows that fuel and air are easier and cheaper to get than cubes.
At least it looks like some of the Richland and Vernon county guys are trying to keep the playing field even. It will be another fun summer. To bad Bob Koch is not here to have it out at the drivers meetings instead of all this internet drama.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 24, 2010 04:48AM
instead of 7500-8500lb why not make it 8500-9500lb so other brand tractors can pull?

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 25, 2010 04:43AM
i cant believe no one has a response to this.

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 25, 2010 04:58AM
how about 7000-8000?

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 25, 2010 08:56AM
shouldn't you keep it heavy enough to let some of the other color tractors pull??????Confused

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 24, 2010 02:30PM
FYI not one piece on my 4cyl has come from Lynns. Yes I do talk to Kevin and he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet always willing to help a person out. Why wouldn't I talk to them about a Ford? If you want to win wouldn't you talk to a winner? Everyone has a person they can talk to about there specific brand of tractor so I guess if this makes me a bad person because I talk to Kevin about Fords then so be it. Doesn't matter what class or level of pulling you're doing, the more information you can gather the better off you'll be. As for why I can't keep a stock turbo together it's because the stock turbo was designed to run at 2100rpm and when I run 2800-3000rpm it doesn't like that very well. I cured it with a different brand of turbo off a 4cyl CaseIH. Hope to see you in Darlington this summer Mark and thanks for sticking up for me!Grinning

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 24, 2010 03:14PM
As wound up as some people get over this Ford amazes me! I am surprised to hear about all of this "secret squirrel" stuff that you have under the hood from Lynn's though...Eye Popping

Re: Meeting at Readstown Wisconsin March 25, 2010 02:23AM
Hey guys...you're really doing a good job at turning away other pullers from coming and having a good time with your organization. We've never pulled in SW WI but would have loved to...until reading all of this. I feel sorry for the guys there who don't have anywhere else to pull (or can't afford the time or money to actually go somewhere). I'm from central Wisconsin and there's none of this bickering up here.

By the way - up here, getting beat by a 4cyl Ford isn't something to be upset about. Everybody in our class can win every time and we all know it. Getting 2nd place doesnt mean you suck or the other guy is cheating - it means you need to do your homework for next time. Last year we had a 4cyl Ford diesel, 6cyl IH gas and 6cyl Oliver alcohol (< I think) at the top of the pack, but everywhere we went there were a few others scattered in between. We all lost to an Allis farm tractor once and still managed to have a good time.

I'm not sure what the big deal is, but it makes my rear end ache reading what you guys are talking about on here. As I said right away - it makes you look horrible in the eyes of other pullers. I'm not going to bash anybody in particular, but the everybody should take a weekend off and go watch another pull to see how they handle certain things. Then maybe you guys will have more fun next time. Trust me...it's worth it. In tractor pulling, if you're not having fun, you're wasting your time.

I'd be happy to answer any questions - PM me.
Brad Carey

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009