Thumbs UpSmilingThe "Puller" article--The Parish Family---SmilingThumbs Up March 11, 2010 01:10AM
Just got my March issue of the “Puller” in the mail and saw a real nice cover photo of the Parish Family’s “El Nino” on the cover. However the story by Dave Dann on the Parish Family is one of the best articles I have ever read in any pulling magazine. The story starts out with the usual pulling info, a typical pulling story, but then the story turns to the health issues that Larry faces [Glioblastoma Mulitforme] and how the entire Parish Family has rallied not only around Larry, but also other families that are fighting cancer.

Larry and Margaret’s granddaughter and grandson [Phil and Natalie’s children], Cali and Rhett wanted to do something special for their grandfather. When 10 year old Cali saw that her grandfather was cold after one of his radiation treatments she decided to find him a blanket. This one blanket for her grandfather has turned into a website project, designed and started by Cali to help others that are suffering from cancer. To date, Cali, 7 year old brother Rhett and countless friends and family have been able to donate more than 350 blankets thru her www calicares.com website.

As the Parish Family heads back to Texas for follow up please remember them in your prayers during these very trying times.

PLEASE take the time to look at both Cali’s website and Larry’s site.

The Parish Family, “Pulling For A Cure”.

Link to Cali's website
Link to Larry's "Caring Bridge" story

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2010 01:15AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Thumbs UpSmilingThe "Puller" article--The Parish Family---SmilingThumbs Up March 11, 2010 01:39PM
Thanks Dick, for the story compliment and for your part to further promote the cause of "Cali Cares". Remember everyone, to also collect all your aluminum 'drink' cans tab tops and send to Rhett for his project to help Ronald McDonald houses. I, and I know that the Parish's, appreciate everyone's support to these very worthwhile causes.

Re: Thumbs UpSmilingThe "Puller" article--The Parish Family---SmilingThumbs Up March 11, 2010 10:21PM
I hope everything works out for the Parishs they are good pulling people

Re: Thumbs UpSmilingThe "Puller" article--The Parish Family---SmilingThumbs Up March 11, 2010 11:49PM
Hard to find nicer people in the world of pulling than the Parish Team !

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009