Blacktop pulling question March 12, 2010 03:53PM
I'm looking at some of the pulls coming up early in the season, and a few of them are on blacktop. I've heard of it but never been to one. A couple of them include the 3000 rpm "Special" or hot farm class, but the majority of it is farm stock. My question may be obvious....is it much harder on the tractor itself to pull on blacktop? Or is it similar to getting a good bite on a sticky clay track? At first blush this idea makes me nervous, but maybe someone who has done it can fill me in. Thanks!

Re: Blacktop pulling question March 13, 2010 12:57AM
I pulled on blacktop last year for the first time and I affraid of it destroying the truck I was pulling. Some trucks and tractors I seen bounced a lot. But if you have the correct tire pressure and weight ballast it will hook up, run down the track smooth, and sometimes will power completely out and the end.

Re: Blacktop pulling question March 13, 2010 12:04PM
half to let air out of tires it does tear up the black is alot eiser on parts but i pull on blacktop this was norm we have black tp pull may 16 in muscoda wi

Re: Blacktop pulling question March 13, 2010 03:02PM
Can you send me a copy of the rules for your pull? We might just come give it a try either with my smoker antique or my wife's less antique smoker....LOL

Re: Blacktop pulling question March 13, 2010 11:52PM
they have a meeting tonight in reeds townwi what cubes do you have there is an open antique class

Re: Blacktop pulling question March 14, 2010 05:03PM
HELP PLEASE I CANT TAKE THIS GUY ANYMORE!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,671, Posts: 229,768, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,943.

Our newest member Jason