Adjustable cam gear question?? March 13, 2010 01:58PM
How many degrees of adjustment (measured at the crankshaft) plus or minus do most adjustable cam gears have? Is 8 degrees each way (plus or minus) enough?

Thanks!

Re: Adjustable cam gear question?? March 13, 2010 11:10PM
As long as you can cover more than 1 tooth with your adjustment you should be able to hit anything.

Re: Adjustable cam gear question?? March 14, 2010 01:59AM
They say anything more than 4-6 degrees you probably should have a different grind.

Re: Adjustable cam gear question?? March 14, 2010 04:32AM
Who makes a good inexpensive adjusable gear for a metric small block deere

Re: Adjustable cam gear question?? March 14, 2010 07:50AM
the words good and inexpensive can never be used in the same sentence when discussing any part of tractor pulling. Castners, which you can find in the builders links told me $500 exchange for smallblock Deere. I had Kennys Pulling parts do mine and it cost $475, he is also in the builders links.

Re: Adjustable cam gear question?? March 14, 2010 09:13AM
What style for a SBJD do Castner's and Kenny build, is it the ring style with two sets bolts with slotted holes? If so, do you have to key it to get it to stay where you adjust it at or will it stay with just the bolts?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms