Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 05:07AM
I am looking to buy a new A-Pump and was wondering who makes the best big A-pump. I am looking for one that is 700cc, and ungoverned. Who makes the best one; CDS, Schied, or Wimer?

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 06:43AM
st. joseph ,,, very reliable.very good pump,i have flowed these pumps,and they will flow over 900 cc..

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 07:02AM
What do one of them cost? I have heard mixed reviews about St. Joseph.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 08:33AM
Scheid.....have tried several different ones on the dyno but scheids made the most power. Forresters are also building pumps now to that have shown some promise both on the track and dyno.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 09:50AM
What about a very repetable name in the business like CDS?

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 10:41AM
open yer wallet if using CDS good stuff but pricey area diesel isn't bad.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 11:24AM
But if it costs a few extra bucks to get a good quality pump than i guess that is what it will take. I havn't heard anything bad about CDS

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 11:32AM
You might give Hart Diesel a call. 660-248-2662 Good reliable parts.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 11:40AM
I have heard a little about them but not to much.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 11:54AM
Call Scheid in Lafayette, IN. Talk to Doug.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 12:03PM
Has anyone gottan dyno numbers on any of these pumps to compare them?

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 12:09PM
Well, that's the million dollar question. If everyone knew the answer to that there would only be one pump builder. Winking Every set up will be different.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 03:14PM
Harts have their own dyno. They might have numbers.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 14, 2010 03:55PM
Thats what i had kind of though. CDS has been in the business for a long time and alot of the NTPA and PPl pullers use CDS. That should say something right there.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 03:50AM
Don't go to CDS if your a little guy, you get trampled on. Seen it many times. And don't waste your time with a CDS A pump, you won't compete. Not bashing CDS, because they obviously "can" do good work when they "want" to, they just don't do much for the little guy.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 05:41AM
Thats funny. You telling me that Puller X's money is greener than that of Puller Y's? Shouldn't matter who you are, and if it does, CDS should change management.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 21, 2010 05:22AM
thats the way it is at CDS they wouldnt even sell me a pump because i didnt have the right last name and because harts and schied could build a better pump cheaper.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 21, 2010 09:53AM
I see cds just changed there web site and now offer a 500, 700 ,820, quick delivery a-pump line up.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 11:25AM
yeah i have heard that from alot of people too... no big name u get the junk ....

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 02:51PM
Ditto.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 03:32PM
I sure hope some of you guys are wrong about CDS because i just dropped a decent amount of money there for an a pump fuel system. Is there any little guys out there that wernt happy with their A pumps, their service seamed great to me. Sure hope i made a good choice i hear they make good pumps.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 17, 2010 11:43AM
hope u got a good name lol.....Smiling

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 07:35AM
sounds like you must work for columbus!

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 05:39AM
Got a brand new one from wimers i'll sell ya. 850cc's open rpm set up for a deere.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 09:41AM
Easton Stealth, What is your e-mail? Do you have a reciet for it also?

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 02:02PM
Just some food for thought... you can create a profile on this page (only takes a few seconds and it’s free) and you can send him a PM (Private Message) and get a hold of him that way as well.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 02:14PM
oh ok thanks !

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 15, 2010 11:31PM
I deal with Columbus for the turbo- (4.1 billit wheel) Hart for injectors (billit triple feeds) Prairie Performance (13mm P pump and all plumbing) I feel that I have about the best set up available. What I recomend is ask someone you trust,then call those people and feel them out on what they will offer for you and hear their recomendations.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 16, 2010 02:00AM
doris5@windstream.net I'm sure I got a reciept somewhere. You could call wimer they could tell you about it also

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 16, 2010 03:23PM
I do think cds is the best for a high end buyer and probably put there best guys on the high end and very expensive stuff, and not so expereanced workers on the low end stuff, lets just hope they check all products before they ship. I had one buddy that got new injectors from them and out of curiosity had a locall pump shop check them and found them to be way out of adjustment, they were sent back and cds fixed them and appalagized for not getting then rigt the first time. Another guy we pull with got there 500cc a-pump and it dosent seem to run all that much better than it did with the stolk pump, but there could be other reasons for this unknown to me. The reason I did not go with a cds pump is there a pumps are not quick delivere. A 500cc a-pump with quick delivere cam will get you about 150 more hp than on that doesnt. This was what I was told by three other major pump shops. Cds 500 cc pump is $2000.00 and the other three shops ranged from $2700 to 3800 or more , remember more bells and whistles = more money. CDS told me they dont do the cam grinds on the 500 or 700cc a-pump to keep the cost of the pump down. Why not just offer both?

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 19, 2010 05:06PM
Well they do offer both, You can get a stock cam 500 or 700cc pump from Columbus and you can get a ground cam 500 and 700 cc pump from Columbus. All you have to do is take one of there 750-820 a pumps and turning the fuel back to 500 or 700.

I have owned all the above mentioned pumps I had a st. Joe 13mm a, a scheid 13mm a, a Hart 14mm a and the columbus 750 a pumps. The 750 Columbus is a great quality pump but the power is not like the 13mm pumps. I wouldn't care which of the other 3 pumps I had they are all good pumps, I never seen any difference power wise, however the scheid pump is the smoothest. I have dealt with Columbus, Harts, Scheid and St Joe and I have never had any issues with any of them.

I would suggest going with the the supplier that you like dealing with.

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 20, 2010 04:53AM
What do you have to say for Wimer curt!

Re: Who builds the best A-Pump? March 20, 2010 11:58AM
I have only ever had simms pumps from them and I am well satisfied with those. I don't think they have a 13mm a pump. I may be wrong, but I am sure it would be good if they have them.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,764, Posts: 229,930, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM