New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 17, 2010 04:43AM
We are starting a new club in SW Wis. Classes are 2.6 diesels, 3.0 diesels and Open stock gas trucks. Diesel rules have been set. Open stock rules are open for discussion. Would like to have Badger guys or anyone interested, join us to discuss them. Meeting will be held on:
March 28, 2010
2:00 p.m.
Country Gardens Bar & Motel
Soldiers Grove, WI 54655
Everyone interested, please join us for our meeting and get in on the discussion. We also will be electing board members. Any questions contact Guy Nelson - diesels - 608-632-3178 , Kevin Sidie - 608-606-3961 or Arlen Latham - 608-632-0857 - Open stock gas

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 17, 2010 03:47PM
open stock trucks would consist of what type of rules? as a spectator id like to see a small block class and a big block class. ive seen they even run a light small block twd class down south. do you have any hooks lined up. just curious thanks

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 18, 2010 07:20AM
Open Stock is 480ci and Fantasy rules with some changes towork with other trucks. We have a couple pulls lined up as of now.

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 18, 2010 12:24PM
Gonna allow bar tires?

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 18, 2010 02:16AM
Do you have any confirmed pullers yet? Badger and fantasy open stocks are a mile apart in rules so will that work? Who is doing all the teching in classes for the diesels? Hopefully someone who understands all models.The diesels in that 2.6 class have nitro and use it,will this be enforced? What is the reason for your need of a new club with so many in that area already? Why not join one of them instead of competing on price and pulls? Seems like you are hurting all the clubs in that area and then you want them to support you after you steal some of there pulls.This i think will be hard to do and can only do bad to the sport. Plain and simple there is not enough trucks to go around and now you are splitting them up more. Now there will be three pulls on the same day and all three will be slim with trucks. I can not see where this is good for the sport any wich way you slice it. look at all the area club schedules, not many open dates for you to draw trucks! Good luck..

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 18, 2010 02:49AM
i have never seen a class where nitro is allowed will somebody please correct me if i"m wrong.

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 18, 2010 03:01PM
Yeah Guy Whats the deal with this 2.6 nitro class? Will my injectors support that kind of fuel even? What % are we talking? It seems like everyother year NHRA is lowering their levels... So where are you going to start? Winking

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 19, 2010 02:04AM
As far as dates...we have two confirmed dates at this time and several in the works. I am curious of what date it is we have three other truck pulls on the same day??? Open stock in our club and Badger State are far apart on rules and that is why we are having a meeting on the 28th to discuss this. Diesel rules ...2.6 and 3.0...rules are set and I can guarantee there will be NO use of NITRO in our club. Each class will have their own tech official...if anyone is caught cheating before or after a pull they will be done for the rest of the year. We felt there was a need for a club in our area since Tri State Pullers does not offer these three classes. It seems most of Fantasy pulls are moving farther west into Iowa. I am a former board member of Fantasy and would of like to of seen them grow in our area...and to do that I believe they needed a one hook show so we could offer more variety such as a couple tractor classes and ect. We believe there is a strong need for an organized club in this area and the 2.6 diesel class ...I think...is the only one in the state that will have a set of rules including safety for street driven trucks. Badger Super Street diesels is probably some of the best trucks in the state and we are not trying to compete or take pulls away from them, since most of their pulls are central and the east side of the state. We are focused on central to southwest. I hope this clears up some of your curiosity and it would be nice if people would sign their editorials.
Thank You,
Guy Nelson

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 19, 2010 02:49AM
Just keep me informed of the rules of 2.6 and some dates and ill make the drive up there. I wanna see how i stack up with the new truck.
Anthony Hynick

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 19, 2010 01:06PM
Just curious if any of you diesel truck guys have ever approached Tri-State about having a class? I believe Houston is a one hook show maybe a chance see how it works out with there show? Are u guys willing to travel with numbers to put on on good show? Just a thought.

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 20, 2010 02:44AM
Fantasy doesn't even hardly want us.....or at least they make it seem that way with some of the stuff that is thought and stated by some of the long time members. And I don't think Tri-State wants to add any length or costs to their shows....

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 21, 2010 07:13AM
the diesel class has been a great addition that people do love watching. maybe you could work something out with tri state if someone talked to them? never hurts to try! the only problem is, it seems that they break a lot...with adding hooks will they be able to stay together enough to have numbrs at BOTH clubs?! just curious about that bc fantasy and tri state together have 2 or 3 pulls a weekend. also diesels, dont take it personally i m sure fantasy members enjoy having you as a new addition to the show, but you are the NEW addition so sometimes just for that fact you may get the shorter end of the stick

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 23, 2010 01:29AM
First of all Tri State or any other town can add us to their show if they wish. It is my opinion that as far as joining Tri State our diesel group has to prove that we have trucks and can put on a good show. As far as breakage that is why we have two calsses. The 2.6 class will limit power and help keep trucks together. The 3.0 class can have after market driveline parts so in time they can build stronger trucks. A few years ago the trucks were making 400 hp and now they are making 700-900+ hp. I know we are new and only running for 4 years now but we are growing fast in trucks and fans...remember some of gas guys have been running for 20+ years.....so give us time!

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 23, 2010 01:13AM
We could go to Houston or any other town as an add on to a show. We do not have to join up with Tri State since we take care of our own insurance and payouts. If you know who organizes the show in Houston and they would like to have us they can call me at 608-632-3178 .
Thanks,
Guy

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin March 27, 2010 01:20AM
Just a reminder of our meating this sunday, the 28th 2 p.m at Country Gardens in Soldiers Grove if anyone is intrested in our club please try to come, here are some confirmed pulls that we have so far, Soldiers Grove June 19th evening, Boaz July 17th day, churning dirt Richland Center July 24th day, Retreat October 2nd. We have atleast 5 or 6 more pulls that are not confirmed looks good for our first year.

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 01, 2010 12:21AM
how did the meeting turn out last weekend? did everybody agree on some rules? who did they vote in for board members?

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 01, 2010 01:24AM
The meeting went well. I think the open stock gas guys are basically going to use the same rules as Fantasy. If any Badger trucks or trucks to our North would like to pull with us....I believe the talk was they can run at 6200 and we will run at 6000 if they have spring suspension. We are working on a web site and will be posting the rules on all three classes. The diesel rules are posted on Diesel Place. Com under Great Lakes Region and titled Starting a New Club.
The board members are Guy Nelson, President.....Bret Halvorson, Secretary...Cindy Latham, Treasurer....Class Reps are...
Kevin Sidie...Open Stock
Jamie Lars....2.6 Diesel
Guy Nelson.... 3.0 Diesel

We are planning a brief meeting and a sign up day at Test & Tune in Richland Center May 15. at 3:00 pm.
Hope everyone can make it!
Any questions call me at 608-632-3178

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 01, 2010 09:30AM
how about lone rock fire depatment on the 4th of july idont who toget holdof i know there ant and farm classes i think they would work you in i like the diesal trucks fun to watch

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 06, 2010 01:03AM
what about a street STOCK class?

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 06, 2010 01:04AM
that is a street STOCK gas class.

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 06, 2010 11:57PM
Open stock gas is not a street stock class

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 07, 2010 12:24AM
thats right. so where is the class that everybody comes to watch?

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 07, 2010 02:49AM
its called the 2,6 diesel and 3.0 diesel

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 08, 2010 08:04AM
What class is it that everyone comes to watch? I would like to hear any idea that will help make this club better.

Re: New pulling club SW Wisconsin April 09, 2010 07:12AM
make a STREET STOCK gas class. where the farm boys bring their trucks right off the farm and pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009